• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Huddersfield Town vs Arsenal | February 9th | KO: 15:00 |

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
Couldn't watch the game, were we any good? From what I've read it seems like we were decent in the first half and shaky in the second?

Top four would be a decent effort with our current squad, either way though, it needs a massive overhaul in the summer.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don't know about that. We know the likes of Mhiki, Guendouzi, Özil, Ramsey, Torreira, etc can be very good in possession and have quality on the ball. I do think the way the team is being told to play is affecting how we link up in attack. We seem to try to move the ball too quickly at times. Sometimes just into spaces hoping a player will be running onto it.

I think if you put someone like Mkhi/Özil/Suarez in front of the midfield two then you link up the play better between the defense and the attack.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Couldn't watch the game, were we any good? From what I've read it seems like we were decent in the first half and shaky in the second?

Top four would be a decent effort with our current squad, either way though, it needs a massive overhaul in the summer.
Nope decent 1st half s**t 2nd half. Still could have won 3-0 instead of 2-1

LG10

Hudd away is always a grind, we won the game at half time. They had possession but we completely controlled the game. Yes the football was horrendous but we didn’t need to turn it on in the 2nd half and have a big Europa game Thursday.

Kolasinac is a horrific footballer though, he makes everything look difficult. He’s made use of every ounce of his mediocre ability gotta give him that. I’d take him as a backup obviously but we really need a lb in the summer.

Bergkamp1988

I don't know about that. We know the likes of Mhiki, Guendouzi, Özil, Ramsey, Torreira, etc can be very good in possession and have quality on the ball. I do think the way the team is being told to play is affecting how we link up in attack. We seem to try to move the ball too quickly at times. Sometimes just into spaces hoping a player will be running onto it.

I feel the same way. I'd like for us to find a balance between the Wenger Era (pointless possession and hesitation around the box) and what Emery is doing (very direct precipitate football)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Comfortable for the first hour, the team pretty much sat back after that and invited pressure but other than a goal-line clearance from Monreal it wasn't too bad. Wasted 3 or 4 good chances on counters that would've killed the game off much earlier.

BTW Mkhitaryan was very good today.

andeoch1

Massive Overhaul???? We reportedly have 45 million to spend. We are a F*****g joke of a club at the moment.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Hudd away is always a grind, we won the game at half time. They had possession but we completely controlled the game. Yes the football was horrendous but we didn’t need to turn it on in the 2nd half and have a big Europa game Thursday.

Kolasinac is a horrific footballer though, he makes everything look difficult. He’s made use of every ounce of his mediocre ability gotta give him that. I’d take him as a backup obviously but we really need a lb in the summer.
It`s not about not needing to turn it on it`s about our style of football being pretty **** no matter who we play and what payers we use.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah thought so. Best players Iwobi, Mkhi and Douzi from what I've read? Was Mustafi really that bad?
Mkhi was only best player today matteo and Iwobi were average. Musti was very poor

say yes

forum master baiter
So does our point total if half the league is dogshit. Everything in this game is in relation to other teams. That's the entire point, we aren't playing golf and trying to improve our handicap. If everyone around us picks up more points we haven't really made an progress in relation to the competition.

I know it must upset you that Emery is doing a good job but that's no excuse for talking rubbish.

1. Half the league isn't dogshit. Fulham and Huddlesfield are awful but if you exclude them then the bottom half is picking up more points this year than they did last year.

2. It's also not true that all the top teams are picking up more points. City and United are both on track for fewer points than last year, for example. Chelsea will be on the same unless they take points off City.

3. Even if (2) were true, how can you say we haven't improved relative to the opposition when:

(a) last year we were 24 points off first, this year we're 15 (+ 9 closer);

(b) last year we were 5 points off 4th, this year we're 1 (+4 closer);

(c) we've already picked up more points vs. the top 6 than we did in the whole of last season, with two more games still to go?

HBL

Established Member
Comfortable for the first hour, the team pretty much sat back after that and invited pressure but other than a goal-line clearance from Monreal it wasn't too bad. Wasted 3 or 4 good chances on counters that would've killed the game off much earlier.

BTW Mkhitaryan was very good today.

Good to hear. I'm one of only a few who backs Mkhi, was starting to play much better before he got injured, I just think that miss against Sp**s left a sour taste for some people. Don't think both him/suarez will be here next season though.

Reactions: A_G

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
giphy.gif
China please call his agent.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Koscielny was Man of the Match for me. He held things together with duct tape in the middle of chaos. Micki and Iwobi weren't far behind. Micki kind of tired toward the end. I was surprised he stayed on that long without match fitness. Maitland-Niles was mostly very good as well, but he needs to stop giving the ball away carelessly in his own half. Lacazette wasn't up to his usual standard, but managed to be dangerous on the rare occasion that Arsenal had the ball in Huddersfield's half and scored that nice goal. Everyone else was fairly mediocre except for Mustafi, who was supremely awful.

I saw the other day where Arsenal has been the 2nd best team in the league this year at defending set pieces. Only three goals all season. How can they manage to be so bad in open play? And it seems the more they try to defend the worse they are. This isn't the first time they've given up a late goal while trying to hold a lead or keep a clean sheet because the defense was in shambles.

Last edited:

Keplaz

How could you have watched that game and conclude we completely controlled it? We were well beaten in midfield by a Championship level side.
We were completely dominated in midfield. Torreira and Guendouzi needed a third body in there. Mustafi shouldn't be playing for a team in the Premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom