PL: Huddersfield Town vs Arsenal | February 9th | KO: 15:00 |

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Feb 3, 2019.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Feb 9, 2019.
  1. Arsenal Win

77.6%
  2. Draw

14.3%
  3. Huddersfield Win

8.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

I’m not trying to demean anything, honestly. I just really don’t think we’ve made all that much progress, yet. Im hopefully we can push on from here, and happy with some things that are happening, but I see lots of things that concern me in regards to how we play that I’m worried will be detrimental going forward.

I’ve certainly not been so bored watching us play, well.. maybe ever. Maybe that is tainting my view of things overall, I dunno.

celestis and say yes like this.
  2. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

Eriksen 193 league games, 56 assists, 45 goals
    Özil 156 league games, 51 assists, 30 goals

If Eriksen is your standard bearer then we already have one of those creative dudes who doesn't hide.

3. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Err...yes. But we are hardly favourites to get that CL income at the moment. We're looking like 6th.

So will next season be another season of insipid football prioritising results which we don't quite get? If that's what we did today, prioritising a result, you could have fooled me. We did not hold back, we were pushed back by the poorest attacking force I've seen in the premiership for years. Their right-winger looked world class today.

#254 Well-Known Member

Tbf Huddersfield have been a bug to most big teams even with them losing so many and scoring so little! I saw their last game against Everton and they gave them all sorts of problems. That not withstanding, we really had a poor game today even by our standards of late!
    Credit to our offence and Koscienly for bailing us out even though we messed up close to 3 other chances!

LG10 likes this.
  5. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those were the days Yousif

6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

1 point behind United, with them still to come to the Emirates. Still right in that race for the top 4, plus the EL doesn't have an Atletico style powerhouse in it this year so winning that could be a route into the CL.
    I'm talking in a general sense, not necessarily today's performance. I think the football will be better next season if the club signs a good replacement for Mustafi and a new LB who actually bothers tracking back unlike Kolasinac. Emery has chopped and changed a lot trying to find the right combination and the lack of cohesion is a result of that, but hopefully signing an AM + winger will give the attack a spark. With Xhaka/Torreira/New AM/New Winger/Aubameyang hopefully we'll see a more settled team each week with Emery having more players he's signed (and therefore trusts).

krengon likes this.
  7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I miss this little magician what a player he was

Ricardinho likes this.
  8. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Why not just say 'I don't think we've made enough progress', rather than making up false news about the quality of the league / our performances relative to the top 6 though?

I don't think I could ever find watching Arsenal boring tbh, but maybe that's just me. I've enjoyed watching us more this season than I have done for years.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  9. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I had to stop watching the game because it was just so poor and had better stuff to be doing. Kind of just want this season over. There will be good games to watch still but its clearly a nothing season until Emery can gut the squad.

asukru, Tourbillion and <<reed>> like this.
  10. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

Is 7 defensive players really the way to go against Huddersfield? We still end up conceding no matter how many defenders there are out there.

Sanis and dbig like this.
  11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Spanish Mourinho works in mysterious ways.

Penn_ and dbig like this.
  12. andeoch1

andeoch1 Active Member

I can only hope

13. yousif_arsenal

Ramsey xhaka Özil auba all didn't make squad you can't consider Guendouzi DM. Still emery is forced to play with this because of lack of width and injures

14. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Squad for the Bate game will be interesting, personally don't think Emery will rest many, if any players. Maybe one of Torreira/Guendouzi.

15. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

No need to. We don’t have a game next weekend so try and put the tie to bed and rest a few in the return leg.

16. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

True true. I think he might give Suarez a start, where was Ramsey today? Didn't even realise he wasn't in the squad.

17. yousif_arsenal

Next week is fa Cup fixtures? Good then more rest and Sokratis coming back for the league games

18. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Yeah. Our next league game is in two weeks.

yousif_arsenal likes this.
  19. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

I'd be very surprised if Marvo doesn't start.

20. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Not in the EL squad is he?

OnlyOne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.