• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leeds United v Arsenal | November 22 | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Please give up.

Chit chatting with the player that cost us the match by playacting is undefendable.

Pepe was wrong to touch him with his forehead but that bastard dived to get our player off and then Xhaka has the audacity to chat him. Fuxk off.
kindly fk off back to ur cave

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We need to stop conceding midfield in every game and start imposing our football on teams. We are playing cowardly football.

I like Arteta but he reminds me of a junior project manager who’s just got one of those certifications running their first major projects.

They come in with their principles, framework and tools. They stick rigidly to a strategic plan, and they try too hard to control results.

Sometimes you have to let go of the grand vision in order to respond and react to the human capital you’re working with.

Our players excel in fast transitions more than slow build up play. They cannot “control” spaces for 90 minutes without sacrificing a huge part of what makes them tick. Willock was yelled at every time he was more than 5 yards away from Kalvin Phillips, yet the quality he adds is his box to box mobility.

We need to press high and risk conceding a few chances to create goalscoring opportunities. Our players are being restricted to playing for fine margins in every match. This contributes to poor composure when good chances arrive.

Ironically for Arteta to get the immediate results he’s demanding, needs to permit some mistakes. At least those with positive intent.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We need crowds back in the stadium so the players can't hear Arteta's constant attempts at micro-management.

Tell them what you want, and let them get on with it.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
We need to stop conceding midfield in every game and start imposing our football on teams. We are playing cowardly football.

I like Arteta but he reminds me of a junior project manager who’s just got one of those certifications running their first major projects.

They come in with their principles, framework and tools. They stick rigidly to a strategic plan, and they try too hard to control results.

Sometimes you have to let go of the grand vision in order to respond and react to the human capital you’re working with.

Our players excel in transitions more than build up play. They cannot “control” spaces for 90 minutes without sacrificing a huge part of what makes them tick. Willock was yelled at every time he was more than 5 yards away from Kalvin Phillips, yet the quality he adds is his box to box mobility.

We need to press high and risk conceding a few chances to create goalscoring opportunities. Our players are being restricted to playing for fine margins in every match. This contributes to poor composure when good chances arrive.

Ironically for Arteta to get the immediate results he’s demanding, needs to permit some mistakes. At least those with positive intent.

Great post. Cowardly football is probably a bit strong, but when you consider we’re Arsenal, in comparison to some of the football we’ve played throughout the years then yeah- this is akin to Burnley.

We have to be more fluid. We have to encourage our players to take more risks. We have a lot more ability in our squad than we’re showing atm and that’s partly down to the instructions these players are given.

Arteta is clearly an intelligent man and a fantastic coach. I’ve no doubt he’ll realise what he has to change. But it needs to happen sooner rather than later or this season will pass us by.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Our players excel in transitions more than build up play. They cannot “control” spaces for 90 minutes without sacrificing a huge part of what makes them tick. Willock was yelled at every time he was more than 5 yards away from Kalvin Phillips, yet the quality he adds is his box to box mobility.

Emery tried to do that it end up us conceding at least 25 shots a game today Arteta did that at first half he tried told his players to be more high on the pitch you can see that with how high our defense were but we ended up creating so little and conceded 14 shots reason is our midfield is poor always need one pass and thier wingers are on face of our back 4 i hope Arteta try to do the same today but with Partey on the pitch. Not to mention when we attack we make so many wrong decisions and the movement is so poor and players chose to over dribbling instead of pass and move

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope Arteta carry on with same formation next game we'll likely have Partey back Elneny Luiz too. Hopefully saka injury isn't bad so he'll finally get his chance as LW

Manberg

Predator
Great post. Cowardly football is probably a bit strong, but when you consider we’re Arsenal, in comparison to some of the football we’ve played throughout the years then yeah- this is akin to Burnley.

We have to be more fluid. We have to encourage our players to take more risks. We have a lot more ability in our squad than we’re showing atm and that’s partly down to the instructions these players are given.

Arteta is clearly an intelligent man and a fantastic coach. I’ve no doubt he’ll realise what he has to change. But it needs to happen sooner rather than later or this season will pass us by.

Risk taking is nice to talk about and all, but have you seen our passing lately? It’s been pretty bad, all over the pitch. How do you go from struggling to get 3 passes together to taking more risks and having confidence in your passing not to make the same mistakes you’re already making?

Elwood

What? Calmy reasoning with the guy? Preferable to attacking him and risk getting sent off.
Some actually think risking it happening twice in one game is a good idea :facepalm:. Pepe's a ***** for falling for it, and while I love Kieran's mentality, Xhaka's right there. Nothing to be gained, just walk away.

junglist57

Established Member
No, we’re heading in the wrong direction on every front. In the league 5th, to 8th and now currently 11th. We haven’t scored in open play for 8 hours of football. We’re giving the ball away at every opportunity, we’re not making chances in the opponents half, our set pieces look amateurish and we can’t even take corners. Leeds got 25 shots off against us and Villa put 3 goals past us and the football is dull, dull dull.

****ing spot on.

there are far too many delusional mugs on this forum defending our current form.

Manberg

Predator
Didn’t look like it though, we were getting smashed when it was 11 vs 11.

They battered us in the first half when we met last season (even harder than today). We won the second half and won the game. Many of our games have come with a differing level of performances in different halves, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom