• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester vs Arsenal | KO:17:30 | Saturday 9th November | Sky Sports

Which of these will happen first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
DM me if you need helping picking up girls since you obviously have no clue you massive virgin.
This is what you'll get with that pr!ck… He won't back up anything he says, will resort to insults as soon as he disagrees and virtually none of his posts actually contain football content. He comes here simply to rile people up and tell all of us how utterly stupid we are. Oh, and don't forget the daily Lacazette bashing and the hourly ego stroke he does for himself. Pathetic individual.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm confused by this. Our panic ridden defending undermines our ability to attack because we are poor at recovering the ball and the countless stupid corners, free kicks and penalties we concede kill off any chance of attacking turnovers.

The current Liverpool attack has smashed all their prior goalscoring records, and are arguably more effective because they can wreak havoc without worrying about the next defensive blunder.

Spending Coutinho's fee on van Dyke and Alisson has resulted in an increased goal return. That security squeezed 10% extra belief out of every player.

There is overwhelming evidence that all successful teams must have a solid spine in goal, defence, midfield and attack to be consistently effective at both ends of the pitch.
Like some people have never heard the old adage "Strikers win games and defenders win titles"

HBL

Established Member
Leicester are decent, not sure they're as good as everyone thinks though, massively over performing atm in terms of stats. We're also dreadful though

Lacazette
Auba - Özil - Pepe
Torreira - Guendouzi
Tierney - Luiz - Sokratis - Bellerin
Leno

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Emery sowing the seeds of division here on AM. We must stand united in this fight, or Dracula will win and bore us all to death before the end of the year.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Even if it's over for Emery we can't just give up now we need all the points we can get, I can't do another season of Europa league I'll just stop watching football.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Even if it's over for Emery we can't just give up now we need all the points we can get, I can't do another season of Europa league I'll just stop watching football.

It's liberating. Took a break 2012/13 and was extremely productive. Can recommend, actually.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
@OnlyOne vs @BigPoppaPump

Expectation:

hqdefault.jpg

Reality:

origin.jpg

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It is been shown numerous times that if you get a lethal attack you can blow away 80% of the teams even if your defence is average at best. You only need great or world class defence if you regularly want to win titles.

Liverpool in 2013/14 had Flanagan and Cissokho and I think Lovren in their backline. Yet they were a whisker away from winning the league. Why? Cos they blew teams away with elite forwards of Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge.

Our defenders are also looking far worse thsn they should be. You know something is terribly wrong when our defenders are being made look poor by a Portuguese 5th placed team.
Hold it. Sturridge, Suarez and Sterling were being supplied by world class Gerrard, and Coutinho alongside Henderson. That's a formidable squad.

That midfield wasn't made up of kids as young as Willock and Guendouzi learning their trade. You can get away with a not so good defence if your midfield is dominating and not being over run like ours, bro.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Hold it. Sturridge, Suarez and Sterling were being supplied by world class Gerrard, and Coutinho alongside Henderson. That's a formidable squad.

That midfield wasn't made up of kids as young as Willock and Guendouzi learning their trade. You can get away with a not so good defence if your midfield is dominating and not being over run like ours, bro.

Gerard was on his last legs at that time, Henderson, individually isn't anything exceptional either. Coutinho was great. And yes that midfield was better than ours. They were challenging for the league, we aren't asking ours to do that. Just challenging for top 4 will do. They surely should be capable of that.

Anyway I don't think we will agree on this so I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I believe the manager is more important than the squad. Of course the squad is very important too. The reason a good or great manager won't succeed with an average squad is because he is competing with other good or great manager. Then the difference will be the squad.

Klopp or Pep could never win the league with Watford because they would be competing with competent managers with better squads.

Moyes took a squad (albeit slighty ageing) who finshed as 1st to 7th place in a matter of months. The difference in league position was the difference in the abilities of Ferguson and Moyes.

Good managers will always over perform relative to their squad, bad managers will under perform.
If the manager is more important than the squad. How did Emery win the league with PSG?

Don't back pedal.

Last edited:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I'm confused by this. Our panic ridden defending undermines our ability to attack because we are poor at recovering the ball and the countless stupid corners, free kicks and penalties we concede kill off any chance of attacking turnovers.

The current Liverpool attack has smashed all their prior goalscoring records, and are arguably more effective because they can wreak havoc without worrying about the next defensive blunder.

Spending Coutinho's fee on van Dyke and Alisson has resulted in an increased goal return. That security squeezed 10% extra belief out of every player.

There is overwhelming evidence that all successful teams must have a solid spine in goal, defence, midfield and attack to be consistently effective at both ends of the pitch.

Partly why our defences is panic ridden and concede free kicks, corners etc is because we also don't have a functioning attacking strategy. The ball just comes back to our defending third of pitch all the time. Instead of dropping back and exposing a weak area of the team, it would make more sense to just keep more bodies upfront and take the associated risks. We would still concede but at least we would score more.

Of course the current Liverpool team has smashed all their previous records because they hardly have any weaknesses anymore. They still have thr lethal attack, now they also have the rock solid defence.

The added VVD and Alison were one of their last purchases. Without them snd Fabinho they were still getting top 4. They had Salah and Mane to put away the small teams. At the back in comparison they had weak players like Lovren, Moreno etc.

No one is doubting that you need grear defence, midfield and attack to be an elite team. I'm just saying if you had to choose between a great attack with poor defence or great defence with poor attack you should choose the former.

Anyone else having trouble connecting to Arsenal these days? I'm not sure if I will be wishing Brendan to win or Arsenal. And that's make me sad.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Where has this been shown. It isn't 2008 anymore man..

I Haven't looked for a while but I did see some analysis that said there was a stronger correlation between goals scored and points gained.

With just the eye test I have teams with poor individual defenders but great forwards accumulate a lot of points. At the same time teams who seemed not to concede much but were really struggling to score, not pick up many points.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Hi folks - Leicester fan. Not hear to mock or take the pee. It seems difficult to gauge (whilst sneakily stalking your forum), if you actually want to win this game? Or is getting shot of Emery more important?

The Arsenal fan base has overwhelmingly turned against Emery. While they don't explicitly want to lose they probably view the game as some kind of win/win scenario (3pts vs Emery closer to the door)

The worst result is a draw.

Now onto the important stuff: Rebekah Vardy, guilty or innocent?

Malky

Established Member
Don't see why Emery's future hinges on this game, the damage is already done! A win here changes nothing about how I feel about Emery.
So if he can motivate the players for one game, or Leicester have a terrible, off game were Vardy misses some sitters - Emery's job is secure for the rest of the season? Even tho we're shipping goals, getting dominated in possession and creating nothing - one chance against Victoria last night.

Ideal scenario - we win but Emery is sacked straight after the game.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I Haven't looked for a while but I did see some analysis that said there was a stronger correlation between goals scored and points gained.

With just the eye test I have teams with poor individual defenders but great forwards accumulate a lot of points. At the same time teams who seemed not to concede much but were really struggling to score, not pick up many points.
So you just thumb-sucked..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom