PL: Leicester vs Arsenal | KO:17:30 | Saturday 9th November | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Nov 6, 2019.

?

Which of these will happen first?

1. Emery loses his job

52.9%
  2. OnlyOne becomes a mod

17.1%
  3. Hydro receives an *actual* death threat

11.4%
  4. Makingtrax gives up on squad cost theory

2.9%
  5. GDeep finally gets nicked

7.1%
  6. Rich posts something positive

8.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m-due

m-due Well-Known Member

Agreed about Leicester being a level above Southampton. At the same time, our beloved Arsenal is there for the taking. Forget about predicting the next set of games, we don’teven know where our next three points will come from. Purely judging this through our form and expectations. We are wounded for real.

DJ_Markstar likes this.
  2. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

• Overplaying in non threatening areas

• Dropping back into a defensive shape but not applying any pressure

• Pointing at someone unmarked while failing to mark yourself
    These are happening every week and no formation or tactical system will fix them.

3. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Apparently the performance was encouraging, but what they don't get is that this time last year Leicester were mid-table with Puel under pressure, they changed manager and are now top 4 contenders because of the change in manager. That's why they're better than us, we've fallen behind them because of Emery. I mean imagine this time last year you'd be mad for being content with a 2-0 defeat to Leicester, but now Rodgers has set their standards so high and Emery has brought ours to the floor that what we saw yesterday was apparently encouraging for the board.

What was even encouraging? Ndidi should have scored, they were creating the better chances tho Lacazette should have done better but it's Lacazette who's even surprised? It seemed inevitable that Leicester would score. We're making the same mistakes, yet it was encouraging. At 2-0 Leicester were passing it about toying with us, you know like we used to do to teams, but that was encouraging apparently. Leicester playing one and two touch football while we chased shadows was encouraging.

4. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Like the way you slipped a little Laca dig into the middle of your other (all valid) points, very skilful dude.

ptrcopp and Hleb's Sirush like this.
  5. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Can’t believe they even dare use the word ‘encouraging’. Damning is more like it.

6. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Man City couldnt believe their luck, oh wait we knocked them off their perch. Rodgers style is about belief. When you can do it against the best you can do it against anyone. Even then he lined up with a back 5 away to Barcelona bringing in Gamboa for a debut and Dembele missed a penalty at one nil.

The football became worse because teams sat deeper. Rodgers tried to refresh the squad with John McGinn and Fabian Schar but the board failed to back him. Unsurprisingly the lack of investment hampered him. Lennon has spent the millions Rodgers earned and the team unsurprisingly looks better for it.

Rodgers is the man. The best Irish coach and best British coach. And he is only getting better.

7. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Relax. We’re very close to seeing what the next manager does with him. The Özil in/out camps all have their meticulous notes prepared and are ready to go. :lol:

8. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

We did better than I expected in terms of defense. For the rest, as expected. Not enough to sack him probably.

I also don't want Lacazette in our line-up. Not good enough. Martinelli Auba Pepe is what we should try next.

9. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

We're all just shouting (typing) in the wind ffs.

10. GoonerJay24

GoonerJay24 Active Member

Maybe fans need to be more positive. Improve atmosphere at the Emirates and will encourage players to perform.

m-due likes this.
  11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

We did not. Haha! :rofl::lol:

12. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Like a Hulk Hogan promo, always speak first and last so the attention is on you...Tir Na Nog knows how the game is played ;)

13. Ash10

Ash10 Well-Known Member

You think these are not instructions from the manager? He is a coward who genuinely doesn’t want to take risks to win. He hopes that Auba will bail him out or we'll get some lucky set piece goal & then defend for our lives. Have you genuinely seen us attack while having a lead?

ptrcopp likes this.
  14. Mate, I think it was soundly proven that we are several levels above Southampton. In fact, we are looking a level above you, these days. Arsenal spaffed all that money on that flash stadium, and left little to keep up the standard of your squad. Every year you miss out on the Champions and first three loosers league money, you drop further behind. Its gonna take a lot of prudence from your club, and patience from your fans, before you challenge again.

15. say yes

say yes To VAR

I didn’t bother watching as I knew we were going to lose.

Pathetic manager. I can’t believe he’s going to last much longer.

16. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

He will. Edu is convinced that he is the right man.

17. Manberg

Manberg Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree. The intensity from our side was the highest its been this all season and everyone seemed to be working hard, running. I think Emery told them to keep a defensive shape and stay behind the ball.
    It’s just **** tactics.

Toby Andrl and krackpot like this.
  18. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Good point. Especially for the Kolasinac passes. He must have been instructed to play the simple back pass

19. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Yes, clearly if someone is very good at something then they are never wrong, ever. My bad.

20. Plutarch

Plutarch Well-Known Member

Looking back at this match, it was disappointing. However, we did play better than we have for a while, and Lacazette had a chance in the first half which he really, really should have scored. That would have made a lot of difference. I'm not cheerful about our current situation but I'm not yet despairing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.