<

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Sep 23, 2020.

?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Sep 28, 2020.
  1. Arsenal win

29.6%
  2. Draw

30.6%
  3. Liverpool win

39.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

This isn't a debate really, its personal preference at the end of the day.

celestis likes this.
  2. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Salah in 2017/18 was a different beast. He was pushing 40 goals that year.

Mané now though basically doesn’t have a weakness. He’s as good off the ball as he is on it.

The fact that they got both for less than the price of Sterling was incredible business.

DJ_Markstar likes this.
  3. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

These are the types of passes some fans claim Xhaka does consistently

4. Manberg

Manberg Predator

He does, if he has that space. That’s some weak pressing there.

5. DavidHillier

DavidHillier Member

Liverpool is a disgusting club.

I can only wish famine and pestilence upon them

6. akhil

akhil Well-Known Member

He had an age to hit those passes. Both Luiz and Xhaka can hit them too if they had that much time. We didn't press their CBs at all. When we beat them a couple of months ago, we forced errors from the same Van Djik by just pressing. It was just weird watching him have that much time to ping them wherever Firmino was nearby to create overloads in the wide areas.

7. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Finally got home and watched the recording.
    • Martinez at his best may well have stopped the first two goals
    • Totally agree with Carragher, Arteta is taking these players about as far as they can go
    • We desperately need at least one upgrade midfielder, if not two
    • Agreed with Keane also, if you keep playing Luiz, you'll keep getting mistakes, terrible clearance for the last goal
    • AMN and Tierney were run ragged by Salah, AMN was a poor wingback and his touch let him down.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  8. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Reflecting on the game, in the first half amn and willian really cost us with poor performances. We can pick the bones out of the goals conceeded but if amn performed the same in the first half as he did in the 2nd half then we dont conceed.

I am a xhaka abuser, some justified and some not. He didnt deserve to come off.

DC intro showed everything we need in midfield, the couple of times he danced through the liverpool midfield and those passes were top drawer. Also the pepe inroduction was far too late.

Its a learning curve not just for the player but mikel aswell.

9. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

They must have missed the ball in the first half from luiz to amn that put him through.

10. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Layth really thought he did something here

celestis and Riou like this.
  11. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

right now..over the past 12 months, Mane is the best footballer in the world. He has been carrying Liverpool

12. DJ_Markstar

Right now (over the last 12 months) the best player in the world is Robert Lewandowski, and Mane is NOT "carrying" Liverpool. Holy moly :lol:

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  13. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Most of those players you named aren't that good anyway. Guendouzi and Torreira are useless and we don't miss them in the starting 11 at all, Özil is finished, Ceballos is alright I guess. Lacazette is rubbish, Auba can be anonymous at times and the less said about Pepe the better.

Don't be fooled by how things look on paper.

14. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

well man.. thats just like your opinion. Lewa is a fair shout but Mane just does more all round. ultimately Mane bailed liverpool out countless times, just like yeaterday. So I stand by my opinion.

15. DJ_Markstar

To say Mane is carrying Liverpool is to say that they are only succeeding because of him which is utter horseshit. They have quality right throughout the first team! The only area in which Liverpool are weak is midfield and even then they work their bollocks off to supplement the world class defence and attack.

Lewandowski got 55 goals in 47 games last season! That's almost 1.2 goals PER GAME!!! Those stats are absolutely mind blowing FFS.

Mohamed7 likes this.
  16. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Only heard the match via. radio on match day, haven’t seen a recording yet, but starting out the season with six points out of nine with the three dropped points being against the defending champions at their ground is nothing to get downbeat about yet. To make top 4 we are going to need Laca being more clinical in these types of matches, but his work rate is important, and was good. Will hold back comments on things like the GK, CB’s, Bellerin, etc. until I watch a recording.

17. City_Skyblue

City_Skyblue Member

I was rooting for you lot the whole game and it was quite a different performance from the Arsenal in past few years, you were in the game for 80 mins and could have nicked a point. I still think your squad is largely unbalanced in many areas and Arteta needs to be given time.

Agree with the first part about Mane red, but that Fabinho foul on Auba and other side on Mane are not same. Auba was given the shoulder while Mane's shirt was pulled. I don't get why many of your fans hate on Laca, feel he's more of a big game player and contributes more to overall play than Auba. Just my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.