<

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Sep 23, 2020.

?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Sep 28, 2020.
  1. Arsenal win

29.6%
  2. Draw

30.6%
  3. Liverpool win

39.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

I view this as essentially a free match. It's not going to be one of the games that ultimately decides whether we get top 4.

A good, hardworking performance is all you can ask of the players at Liverpool, irrespective of the result.
    I've got a sneaky feeling we won't be coming away from Anfield empty handed though ;)

2. Malky

Malky Established Member

If we had Partey signed by now I'd be confident we'd get something from the game, but with how the teams look just now - Pool are winning the midfield battle comfortably.

Makingtrax and SingmeasongSong like this.
  3. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

I have a feeling that we'll win this game. What opposition fans are now trying to mock us for is our defensive organization and us holding back on our offensive creative game, in favour of a solid shape.

Liverpool have a better chance if they switch their game up more, sit back and use more direct counter attacking football, in addition to what they do.

No silly mistakes or lack of concentration please. And if we lose it’s no biggie either.

Rex Banter, Mitch and Makingtrax like this.
  4. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

I just don't want this game and result to get in our heads again.
    None of those old question marks and doubt reappear.

A steady performance whatever the outcome will be, just to stay on track.

SA Gunner likes this.
  5. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Our first ever Premier League era win against Liverpool...

...don't know who impressed me more in this short clip, Ian Wright or Ray Parlour...2 top players for The Arse!

Makingtrax likes this.
  6. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

I am quite confident, beat pool twice now (granted one was in the league when they had the league wrapped up and other in community shield). It would be great if Artea had Klopp's "number".

7. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

It’ll be harder this time to win because Thiago lets them choke the life out of the game and maintain pressure.

Maybe Fabinho at CB can be got at, their midfield won’t have the same bite if Henderson’s not there either.

Keita and Wijnaldum looked good going forwards but Chelsea created good chances with just a ball over the top at times on Sunday.

8. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil Active Member

More confident after the CS, but I don't expect anything. Surely it's easier now than with the home crowd.

Will be super happy with a point, but if we lose it's not too tragic. Even if we loose high but of course this would be bad for cofindence of the players.

Just one CB left and then you know they play Fabinho as CB and that Tiago comes in for Fabinho in midfield :lol:

9. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

As long as we avoid a thrashing I'm good.

gkoat likes this.
  10. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

I don't think we'll get battered as we usually do but I cant see us getting anything here, I'd go:

--------------------Leno------------
    ------Holding--Gabriel------KT
    Bellerin---Ceballos-Xhaka--AMN
    ----Willian-----Eddie-----Auba---

Tempted to put Luiz in for the experience but we need to get Gabriel used to these types of games.

Eddie for Lacazette as we will need a more mobility up front.

Good thing is if we need to make changes from the bench, we have Pepe/Lacazette/Saka.

I'll predict 2-1 to Liverpool.

11. AberGooner

AberGooner Well-Known Member

I'd take 2 draws from Pool and City right now and be delighted with that. To go up to Anfield and not completely crumble would be progress even if it is a narrow defeat. None of this absolute hammerings that we've had there recently please.

12. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Yeah, we heard

13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Please Tierney be fit that's what all what i'm asking for. i bet Klopp hate play against Arteta right now 2 times we not let his dominate us and create many chances even tho they had so much possession but with Thiago things could be different.

Leno
    Bellerin Gabriel Luiz Tierney AMN
    Xhaka Ceballos
    Willian Laca Auba.

14. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

All true.

15. Rex Banter

Like how he mixes the order up. Sometimes it’s planes first, others it’s social media rants. He might even start with a boycott if he feels cheeky enough.

16. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Tbf people are always randomly attacking Wenger @Makingtrax should be allowed to defend him.

Still funny how repetitive it is though.

Brett likes this.
  17. Makingtrax

You're just sore because I showed you the ratings for Willian from a variety of websites after you said he was our best player against West Ham.:lol:

18. Makingtrax

Yeah, Arsenal finishes before the fans got bored. 4th,4th,3rd,2nd

Arsenal finishes after the fans took matters into their own hands. 5th, 6th, 5th, 8th.

Different way of showing the same thing. :lol:

Brett and BigPoppaPump like this.
  19. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Yeah the frequent capitulations on the pitch were because @MesutMagic and Patrick Timmons were criticising the team on twitter.

Taxi Driver, BigPoppaPump and Trilly like this.
  20. Rex Banter

Just genuine of admiration of your work mate.

Repetition is one of the key tenets of a successful politician. Winning the hearts and minds.

Trilly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.