<

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Sep 23, 2020.

?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Sep 28, 2020.
  1. Arsenal win

29.6%
  2. Draw

30.6%
  3. Liverpool win

39.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manberg

Manberg Predator

We can’t afford to make mistakes. Holding has to do a job on Mane again. Mane gives me Drogba vibes but in the last 2 games against Liverpool Holding’s done very well to deny him. Lacazette has to mark Thiago, can’t allow him to dictate from deep.

It’s going to be very difficult but we’re capable of getting something out of it if we’re at our best.

If we make individual errors in a game like this it’s game over. I trust that those are out of our system.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Trofton likes this.
  2. Trofton

Trofton Well-Known Member

Couldn’t agree more with this

3. Trofton

Trofton Well-Known Member

As ever the optimist

4. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

First deep block of the season. Looking forward to it. Will need a Leno masterclass

5. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

A win here is not expected, so it would be all the more sweet. We’ve been battered in this fixture so many times recently, it’s almost routine.

The truth is, it doesn’t really matter. We just need to perform consistently well against lower opposition and we should be fine for 4th.

6. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

If I had to choose which of the two Liverpool games I'd rather win next week I'd go for the League Cup one. That would put us closer to winning a trophy.

Having said that and although we are total underdogs according to the bookies I don't look to this game with the trepidation I had last season. We may well get beat but I can't see Arteta's Arsenal disgracing itself. Liverpool haven't quite got into gear yet so we certainly have a chance of getting something there if there is cohesion and composure and everyone plays well. And if we win here I'll start believing that we can mount a title challenge.

Will we play rope-a-dope again? Will they fall for it again?

Makingtrax likes this.
  7. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Think this has come too soon. I back us to not be embarrassed and probably score but think Tierney not being 100%, CBs not knowing each other well and CMs leaving a lot to be desired means we'll struggle

Pyres7 and Trilly like this.
  8. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

This. Also, will Auba be able to keep up his high conversion rate in these big games.

9. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

The most annoying thing will be to win at Anfield and not go top because Leicester have beaten Citeh.

10. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Definitely Auba-Laca-Willian starting. Just seen our latest training video.

11. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Think we’ll still lose. We’re not in final form yet and they’re one of the best teams in the world. More a case of damage control and showing the world we aren’t mugs.

12. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

People were saying this, me included, before the last two times with met them. I’m done with underestimating our power to fluke results. I’m sorry, but we are fluking another one here @Makingtrax

13. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

Arteta has drilled this side to a degree that I trust us in big matches in a way I never did for the past decade.

We're not winning the midfield battle, but if we keep ourselves tight (and avoid playing the calamitous Kolasinac) we'll have a chance with Auba who'll most likely give their defence a torrid time.

DanDare likes this.
  14. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

This goal kinda goes under the radar a little due to the 4 he got the previous season, but it's such a great strike...

...anyone else remember Cesc's post match interview after this game, where he said Arsène was about to start throwing some hands in the dressing room at halftime, due to how poorly we played in the first half :lol:

15. Makingtrax

The odds are not with us bro, even you'd have to admit that. How many games can Auba take almost every chance he gets, how many times can they get off a lot more shots on goal than us and still miss the target?

Odds checker has them 1/2 favourites, whilst we're almost 6/1. And the only thing I know about betting is that eventually the house always wins. :lol:

Trofton likes this.
  16. Makingtrax

17. Jury

The inferior team are always the bigger price with the bookies. And bookies aside, we’re just the inferior side. And then the whistle blows and it becomes apparent that it’s 11 men versus 11 men. Auba Doesn’t need to take every chance he gets and that’s not the reason why we’ve been winning or at the very least holding our own in the last two games. As I’ve said, the whistle has blown and we have not looked inferior for large parts, and it’s in those large parts that we have hurt them. I see us holding our own again and it would be a moment for either side that wins it.

Makingtrax likes this.
  18. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I've gone for a draw but of course we can win this. We are a different team under Arteta and we've added Willian and Gabriel since we last played them, and won. Yes they are favourites but they were last time we played in the Community Shield & PL, we won both. City were also favourites in the FA Cup semi, we won. I just hope Tierney is fit, we really need him. Laca will probably get the nod due to scoring in both games so far but Nketiah will be on at some point.

19. Jury

And yet we have been priced up by the bookies as if they’ll have 60,000 screaming tramps baying for our blood. So I advise this: put a fiver on at 6/1, take the winnings and buy the dog a nice new fluffy bed for the winter. Job done.

Trilly, Trofton, SA Gunner and 3 others like this.
  20. Pyres7

Pyres7 Well-Known Member

:lol:

Trilly and American_Gooner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.