• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I don’t get why Arteta sets the team up like this and is hellbent to play out from the back like this. We don’t have the players to do so and further more we start dead balls with 6-7 players in our own defensive third. I mean wtf?!

junglist57

Established Member
It definitely did. Lol it kinda rolled all the way down his hand even. But hey it's Liverpool different rules apply to them.

but could you say our players should be kicking up more of a fuss like all the other teams would in that situation? i didn’t see anyone hounding the ref for it.... you don’t ask you don't get.

say yes

forum master baiter
His career stats say otherwise
No, they don’t. The Atheletic did a piece on this a few months ago. He scores more, shoots more, and gets more touches in the box when started on the left.

And we don’t have to suffer his link up play there either.

blaze_of_glory

Liverpool looked shaky in defense. If we had put a bit of pressure on their defense, it probably would've been a different game.
They are soft at the back after a long run of everyone giving them way too much respect. As soon as you go at them they are vulnerable. Ceballos was opening them up with the most basic passes but Laca just shat the bed.

While I agree that Leno needs to be vocal, there’s only so much him and the defense can do when they’re under constant ****ing pressure and on the back foot for most of the match.

The defense looked better against these teams with Martinez. I think he gave a bit extra. I think communication is important and we can see it clearly with these two examples.

I agree about the pressure, it's so weird hearing about teams going to Anfield like Leeds did, ready to play from the minute 1. We didn't do anything in the first half bar the goal. We need to be ready to play for full 90 minutes.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Second half tells me we're not that far off, well, 100M is what we need.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Ceballos only one I’m happy with after that performance, rest were crap.

Desperately need a new midfield..

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Well result was fair enough. I know people will moan a lot about the stats, Lacas miss, and the obvious need for upgrades but I saw some good things from ya against a top side.

Let’s see what’s it’s like after 10 games.

I’m still not convinced by Pepe BTW

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why would you not even attempt Auba through the middle and Saka on the left? The former is our best striker and the latter is our best winger and those are their best positions.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well we stayed in it despite Pool playing us off the park. Laca should have done better and Pepe was very poor. He came on, took 2 corners, both Sh1t!

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Not great,not terrible.

Exactly. AM in full meltdown mode again as per.
Calm the heck down, it's Liverpool, they had every team in Europe on strings at some point, if they come over you and you are not up for it in just 1 or 2 positions, you're done.

Happy it wasn't as bad, result wise.

We cannot play the football we would like until we fix the midfield and have it settle in.
It's not a mistery.

Dani-Partey-Aouar would be perfect. Dani will explode this season imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom