<

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Sep 23, 2020.

?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Sep 28, 2020.
  1. Arsenal win

29.6%
  2. Draw

30.6%
  3. Liverpool win

39.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

3-1 is flattering us. But we did not capitulate. I will take that as progress.

2. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

It's the usual guys fanatically pushing someone else's opinion hopefully it wont last the whole season.

3. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

We learnt nothing new from this game. Leno shaky on crosses, Luiz has an error in him, Holding exposed against a top class side, Xhaka gives the ball away when pressed, Elneny is tidy but doesn't do a whole lot, Bellerin makes errors with his positioning against top class opponents. Auba pretty much useless stuck out wide in a game where we're not gonna have any of the ball, Laca a bottler. Absolutely nothing new to be learned. Glad it was only 3-1 it means that we can move on without any lasting damage.

4. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

It's called a good shot. No keeper is ever getting there.

Camron and littleboysilva like this.
  5. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

In a game like that, we needed decent set pieces. What Pepe did with the corners was abysmal.

Troopz, Sebastes and blaze_of_glory like this.
  6. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Are they ****.

With a little bit of vision and composure a decent opponent gets 3 against them today.

7. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

Don't think that is fair. He should get an insane amount of hate for his misses but for caring you think he at least deserves one 5guys meal.

8. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Sell Elnenny, Kola, Pepe...

9. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

I'm talking about their reactions? You're justifying one while criticising the other, it's strange.

10. Gervais

Gervais Well-Known Member

:lol:

11. Anders Harbo

Anders Harbo Well-Known Member

Are you blaming Leno for the third goal?:lol:

12. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

:facepalm:

13. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado Trusted

The Athletic will blow Arteta whatever the topic.

14. Gooner_girl14

Gooner_girl14 Well-Known Member

We came for a draw which is a mindset I don't like, but considering the huge gap in quality of the teams I can understand it. Thought we did OK overall, but I do wonder what might have been if we had come to play from the start and started Ceballos.
    Anyway, 3 points we never expected to get. Hopefully our lack of creativity (until Ceballos came on) pushes the powers that be to offer Lyon the extra 10mil or so for Aouar.

15. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Yeah 3 at the back is always sh*t, never gonna get anywhere with that. Xhaka in midfield is not it.

DanDare likes this.
  16. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Drunka In Friend Zone

Yeah,think that Liverpool pushed us very well in back line and we didn't have enough space to get ball properly to midfielders.Something that we done better in CS final.Still,not so bad performance in defence,they would always had a lot of chances with that forward.

American_Gooner likes this.
  17. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Why not go straight for Saka, ffs.

Big Poppa, Troopz and blaze_of_glory like this.
  18. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

We held our own for the first 10 minutes. We didn't give up until maybe the third goal a couple of minutes from time. these are the positives.

Laca missed but Laca scored, I don't read anything into that. I still think Auba should lead the attack and I'd have gone 4-5-1 here with Auba up front. He doesn't need to hold the ball, just tuck it in if he has a chance.

Tierney shouldn't have played, Saka should have started. My worst what-if from this game is would Martinez have done better? It's picking away at a scab I know, but it's annoying. I felt Leno should have come for the third goal but backtracked to no effect and he was palming the ball away at times unnecessarily.

We will beat them on Thursday.

19. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

It was actually a very slow shot. Go rewatch. All Leno had to do was drop to the ground extending a leg. Neuer does it all the time.

The problem is not that he couldn't stop it, it's that he didn't react at all. Not at ALL.

20. Malky

Malky Established Member

Cameos like that really make you doubt Pepe, compared with how Ceballos changed the game when he came on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.