• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

That was a shocking, shocking, penalty decision - the kind of casual decision you give for no reason other than the offensive side playing well.

Sure, it makes no difference to the result 99 times out of a hundred but that’s just a late Christmas pressie wrapped up with a double bow.

**** should have been yellow carded for the dive.

He's liable to get more brazen as the weeks go on. Glad that Sokratis gave him a piece of his mind.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

What’s annoying is that when we continue to buy dross in the summer fans will still say “I don’t see the problem with the signing, fills in a gap in the squad & is probably a stop gap” etc etc looool it’s not true. The board need to pull their finger out

The same **** with Gazza Cahill. Some people accepted this mediocrity. Another terrible signing if it’s true.

nas7232

Laca is a lot of influence in the squar because hes well liked. Repeatedly benching him is no good for team morale. Team look mentally under pressure so no wonder why they all are making significant errors

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah my point (and has been for few weeks now) that he doesn't have a plethora of options, especially in defence. You argue the Laca thing either way - but IMO Laca hasn't been at his best for a little while now and I think its the right call to sacrifice him and play another defender or midfielder against this Liverpool side.

I think we have a real personnel issue. I'm looking at the bench and struggling to think what he could have done differently to avoid this result.
I think its really wrong to not play Laca, I would bench Mesut before I’d bench Laca. The reason is he makes Auba so much better, he compliments him by holding the ball and causing havoc and often Auba just sneaks away and gets a goal off Laca’s hard work!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Makes no sense setting up for not losing anymore. Surely, Emery knows that?

Enough with this 5 at the back.

Outscore the opposition or go home.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
It hurts because we had the lead, we conceded a very unlucky goal and it crumbled from there.

The idea was not bad, playing 4-5-1.
Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong unfortunally.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Even obviously biased Ian Wright just said it was a penalty on my feed.. . "Kick, Kick again"

You can argue about whether he needed to make the challenge - also, Wright’s is biased for sure - almost always against Arsenal for the past 5 years!

What’s annoying is that when we continue to buy dross in the summer fans will still say “I don’t see the problem with the signing, fills in a gap in the squad & is probably a stop gap” etc etc looool it’s not true. The board need to pull their finger out

Lichtsteiner apparently was post to be some masterclass by Sven and the transfer team. I was haunted out of the forum for about 2 weeks for doubting the transfer! I sometime close my eyes and the only thing I see is the death threats in my PM box.

Mudi

This is a good lesson for Emery. He didn't adjust his game to Liverpools and we are getting punished.

Instead of sitting down, letting them come and play the counter, we are pressing high on the pitch, leaving the defense exposed to 3 very fast strikers with pushing full-backs.

I really cannot understand what Emery is thinking? Liverpool has no creativity in the midfield (Wijnaldum, Fabinho and Shaqiri) plus they don't have the height to play the crossing. Their biggest strength is transition and overlapping full backs and we play as open as possible.

You cannot blame the defense for this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom