• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You know it’s coming, I’m sure but what I will always remember about this fixture is Giroud’s amazing goal line clearance.

For a striker to have the calmness and poise to keep that out is truely remarkable.
Nah, Giroud scoring two goals in that game so he deserves credit. The best part IMO was Ramsey and Theo fighting over a chance when they were both through:
Untitled.jpg

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
That was Lucas Leiva, this was the Joe Allen one:

Ruined one of Giroud's best performances for the club

I never ever forgave Mertesacker for this. A weak shot from Joe Allen of all people and our supposed leader and captain is shying away from the ball. One of our best Anfield performances ruined by that moment of cowardice

Was this the same game when one of our players ducked under the ball when a Pool player took a shot and they scored in the 95th minute or something. That might be the one I was angry with Per for.

Reactions: A_G

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I have very little hope. Our squad is bang average and any sign of form has disappeared. Hope they show up and at least make it an exciting game.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Was this the same game when one of our players ducked under the ball when a Pool player took a shot and they scored in the 95th minute or something. That might be the one I was angry with Per for.
That was the season before:
2434AF5D00000578-0-image-a-8_1419236336301.jpg

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
That was the season before:
2434AF5D00000578-0-image-a-8_1419236336301.jpg

Disgusting. After that moment I could never understand why Mertesacker was heralded as a great captain and leader. That just showed his true nature in my opinion. It might sound strange but its little moments like that when you see if someone is a captain or not. A test of what will he do when the pressure is on and Per failed miserably in my eyes.

In the end, Per was just another late era Wenger player who was made out to be more than he was.

I'm not just picking on Per either, I felt the same way about Van Persie after the 8-2. Everything was going to **** around him during that game and what does our captain on the day do? Tell the lads alright we're 3-1 down now, lets just sit back and see the game out? No, he does nothing and says nothing while the team collapses. Theo Walcott of all people was trying to tell Jenkinson what to do. I don't think Walcott had opened his mouth on the pitch in all his time at the club up to that point. Not a captain in my book.

In fact I can't remember the last good captain we had. Its easy to come out and sing the team's praises when we're doing great or give an interview to the club website saying this will never happen again (until it happened again) but lately when it went bad, it went BAD.

Last edited:

What?? Football fans are crazy. Mertersaker earned 104 caps for his country and has won a World Cup. ‘Disgusting coward’, says guy who plays FIFA in his bedroom.

Mertesacker was very good defender and fantastic servant of the club but there were some instances where he shied away from the ball which left at least me thinking "wow how did he become a defender". But in my defense I grew up playing football here in Iceland where those who didn't mind get the ball in the head or foot in the teeth were put in defensive positions.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mertesacker was very good defender and fantastic servant of the club but there were some instances where he shied away from the ball which left at least me thinking "wow how did he become a defender". But in my defense I grew up playing football here in Iceland where those who didn't mind get the ball in the head or foot in the teeth were put in defensive positions.
Mertersaker’s had some horrendous head injuries because of his bravery. But when a football is driven at you hard from close range it’s an instinctive reaction to turn to the side. It’s very hard to resist and it’s not cowardice.
wayne_rooney_curling.jpg

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
What?? Football fans are crazy. Mertersaker earned 104 caps for his country and has won a World Cup. ‘Disgusting coward’, says guy who plays FIFA in his bedroom.

Try again. I said it was a moment of cowardice, which it was. I found it disgusting, in a football context. What Mertesacker won with Germany doesn't make that moment any less egregious, nor does it make him a good captain for us. He also didn't start a game past the round of 16 if I remember correctly

If our players are absolved from criticism and have no flaws based on what they've done with their national teams then Mustafi should be regarded as one of the best defenders we've had in years.

I like Mertesacker by the way, I just don't think he was a good captain.

(I also don't play FIFA or Football manager)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Try again. I said it was a moment of cowardice, which it was. I found it disgusting, in a football context. What Mertesacker won with Germany doesn't make that moment any less egregious, nor does it make him a good captain for us. He also didn't start a game past the round of 16 if I remember correctly

If our players are absolved from criticism and have no flaws based on what they've done with their national teams then Mustafi should be regarded as one of the best defenders we've had in years.

I like Mertesacker by the way, I just don't think he was a good captain.

(I also don't play FIFA or Football manager)
Sorry bro, maybe that was OTT ;)

I’m tall and played CB for years (at an amateur level) but couldn’t help myself turning aside if the ball was driven hard at me from close range.

Maybe I’m defending myself here :rolleyes:
317C800C00000578-3460765-Barcelona_talisman_Lionel_Messi_arrows_a_shot_towards_goal_from_-m-30_1456261668558.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom