• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Dominated Sp**s last season, beat them 2-0. 4-2 this season. Loss home in the mickey cup.

Draw against Pool, draw this season. Destroyed away from home both seasons.

Solid performance against Chelsea away last season, should've probably won, Ramsey some good chances. Loss this season, however a good half way destroyed by Emery making stupid changes in the second half, invited pressure and lost us the game.

Beat by City both seasons at home.

United loss last season playing some kids. 2-2 this season against a rubbish United side.

Where is the improvement?

I don’t usually agree with Furious but he’s bang on here.

Lovely stuff. Emery has been found out.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I don’t usually agree with Furious but he’s bang on here.

Lovely stuff. Emery has been found out.

Wouldn't go as far and say that he's been found out(alright, his comments were pathetic tbh) but the group of people, who're arguing that we've been more competitive in the big games, have.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
My bad, but I feel we should have been able to put them to sleep either way early on!
Brighton, away or not, we should be dispatching with ease. No excuses for that result if we are serious about top 4. I'd say So'ton as well given their current plight, but it feels like they've been a bogie team for us in recent years, away at least.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Draw against Pool, draw this season. Destroyed away from home both seasons.
People were comparing the performances, not the results. And before the 3rd goal the team did look threatening.
Solid performance against Chelsea away last season, should've probably won, Ramsey some good chances. Loss this season, however a good half way destroyed by Emery making stupid changes in the second half, invited pressure and lost us the game.
This season's performance was nothing like last season's. Aubameyang, Iwobi and Mkihtaryan missed several clear chances to score. Wenger's Arsenal hasn't created that many chances at the Bridge in years, probably since the Invincibles days.
Beat by City both seasons at home.
City completely wiped the floor with us last season, this season it was competitive and Lacazette missed a good chance when it was only 1-0.
United loss last season playing some kids. 2-2 this season against a rubbish United side.
Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang missed sitters again with the score 2-2, the type of clear chances Wenger's teams rarelycreated at Old Trafford in recent times.

If you can't see the improvement, it's because you're trying not to.

Brighton, away or not, we should be dispatching with ease. No excuses for that result if we are serious about top 4. I'd say So'ton as well given their current plight, but it feels like they've been a bogie team for us in recent years, away at least.
They have been sought of stubborn against us but you'd say that the way we lined up was our Achilles heel . I don't get how he leaves Laca on the bench when he's sort of our only fighter in the final third along with Ramsey! You don't see Chelsea dropping Harzard or Pedro or Willian cos they know that they give absolutely everything for the shirt!

Someone gave a very interesting statistic about how both Laca and Auba have scored more while together on the pitch. And they say Emery likes reviewing videos, how the hell doesnt he catch that!

Furious

People were comparing the performances, not the results. And before the 3rd goal the team did look threatening.

Perfomances, lmao. We were the kings of performances back in the Cesc era, destroyed the likes of United, Chelsea, and Liverpool, only to get murdered on counter attacks. What good use is that?

This season's performance was nothing like last season's. Aubameyang, Iwobi and Mkihtaryan missed several clear chances to score. Wenger's Arsenal hasn't created that many chances at the Bridge in years, probably since the Invincibles days.

Yet our manager, who apparently has improved our competitiveness in the big games, completely threw the game in the trashcan by inviting pressure in the second half, and creating **** all. At least season we got a point, and people mostly were over the moon with the performance.

City completely wiped the floor with us last season, this season it was competitive and Lacazette missed a good chance when it was only 1-0.

The circumstances were different, they had already smacked us in the cup, and we were largely out of the league anyway. This season, new season, new hope, new manager, etc.

Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang missed sitters again with the score 2-2, the type of clear chances Wenger's teams rarelycreated at Old Trafford in recent times.

We beat them there a couple of seasons ago. Besides United were probably at their worst.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Would have played all three and told Ramsey to **** off weeks ago. If you're not keeping him, why play him?

Feel we would have struggled to create anything meaningful with a 3 of Xhaka, Matteo and Torreria same as we did in the second half last match day. None of the 3 above carry a goal threat so all the scoring burden would have been on basically PEA vs the best defense in he league. Even if Lacazette was out there too (he should have been) we needed someone else (Ramsey) to be decisive and try to take their chances to score.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Feel we would have struggled to create anything meaningful with a 3 of Xhaka, Matteo and Torreria same as we did in the second half last match day. None of the 3 above carry a goal threat so all the scoring burden would have been on basically PEA vs the best defense in he league. Even if Lacazette was out there too (he should have been) we needed someone else (Ramsey) to be decisive and try to take their chances to score.
Nothing different would have worked today. But Ramsey has no future here so why play him? Laca should have started with Auba and if Guen was on the pitch, we may have not been so over run.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This is why I wanted to get Allegri - to overcome that hurdle. That being said, we are still by far the biggest club in London, which is one of the top cities in the world, with a huge global fan base.

We still are a very attractive proposition. If the numbers are right we can still attract top quality.
Biggest club in London yes, but not the biggest team atm. We will have to be extraordinary in the market.

progman07

Established Member
We can play Laca and Auba together. May not win but at least score a few and go down in flames.
Absolutely, we have to play them together. I was thinking about Ramsey playing instead of a 5th defender, which is really a joke, doesn't improve us defensively but decreases our chances of dominating the midfield.

Furious

Really is baffling the way he uses Ramsey man.

Goes ultra defensive with 100 DM's against Brighton, where Ramsey would be ideal instead of Guendouzi.

But against Pool, he throws him literally as striker and leaves us wide open in midfield.

Couldn't make it up ffs.

I really want to like Emery, and for the majority of time I've been cool with him but he really does some world class stupid ****.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
United will be coming on strong now, they have a fairly easy set of games before Sp**s as well.

Solskjaer maybe inexperienced, but you should not underestimate what a change of mentality and positivity can do to a squad.
We had a change of mentality and positivity...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom