<

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by razörist, Aug 17, 2019.

?

What is your predicted result?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2019.
  1. Liverpool win

40.5%
  2. Draw

29.0%
  3. Arsenal win

30.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m-due

m-due Well-Known Member

A win against Liverpool is way overdue.
    Arsenal 3 v. Liverpool 0

gkoat and Sanchez11 like this.
  2. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Come on guys have a bit of faith. People are acting like we don't even have a chance. Worse teams than us will beat Liverpool at Anfield this season guaranteed.

There's never been a better time to play them, they are looking very leggy at the minute, they we're extremely lucky against Chelsea and only just scraped a win against Southampton this weekend when last year they were steamrolling everyone.

3. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Torreira and Xhaka must not start this one. They are easy press targets who will be exposed again.

Kick the ball long and press them from the front. Lets not try and be heroes here.

#254 Well-Known Member

C'mon guys lift your spirits the **** up, we just won our first two in 10 ****ing years!
    This ****s never used to threaten us one bit in the past and I have a feeling we are reverting back to the force that we were. Our arsenal is quite loaded atm so lets get them guns out and smoke these *****es! Who's with me!

Özillionaire likes this.
  5. Stannis

Stannis Well-Known Member

We are gonna be slaughtered on the wings

CB aren’t the big issue

And I actually think Monreal will be the bigger issue than AMN. I love nacho, but even Burnley had him on toast, he doesn’t stop crosses at all

celestis likes this.
  6. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

Salah and Mane vs AMN and Monreal is going to decide this one I'm afraid. Also, our play in general hasn't been that good despite having 6 from 2. So I think we'll lose here. Draw would be an acceptable result for me. Then we can beat Sp**s at home and start with 10 from 4.

Trilly, Dutch D and SingmeasongSong like this.
  7. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

This is really a freehit. Not bothered too much about the result. Just hope we're a lot more competitive than we have been in the last few seasons.

SingmeasongSong and Maybe like this.
  8. Wiltord's left boot

Wiltord's left boot Well-Known Member

Can we just skip this game

9. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

We’ll have the same back 4 as yesterday. At this point it’s probably Guendouzi, Ceballos and one other in midfield. He’ll go with seniority which means Xhaka probably gets the nod because Torreira is short of match fitness. The front three picks itself at this point. Nelson and Mkhitaryan have done nothing to encourage the manager to pick them over Lacazette.

10. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Leno
    Amn
    Sok
    Luiz
    Monreal
    Torr
    Xhaka
    DC
    Pepe
    Auba
    Laca

Pool are deadly on the break, we are better off sitting back and letting them push forward and we hurt them on the counter. Guarantee if we play open from the start we will be 3-0 in 20mins

11. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

Willock 100% will start.

Sanchez11 likes this.
  12. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Not one team beat Liverpool at Anfield last season though. Not in the CL or the PL. Not one team. Anfield is just too much and Liverpool players rise to the occasion in the big games. They're too good all over the park. Adrian is their only weakness, maybe Alexander-Arnold might be gotten to but even then it's difficult.

13. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

I'm not expecting a win, as Emery said it'll be difficult, but this is football, nothing is impossible. They will lose at Anfield this season, you can quote me on that.

They looked sloppy against Norwich at Anfield last week and they were sloppy against Chelsea in the Super Cup as well.

14. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

[​IMG]

I reckon this front three will do the job against Liverpool. Auba/Pepe/Laca on the bench as super subs:drool:

m-due, GeorgiaGunner and BigPoppaPump like this.
  15. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Anfield is a horde of gobby hubcap-stealing Scousers with a sprinkling of Japanese tourists singing a mawkish song from an ancient musical.

A team of professionals will laugh at them, shut them up by scoring first and scoring second and send them depressed back to their hovel to have meths spirits for tea.

16. KingHenry14

KingHenry14 New Member

I’d play Xhaka, Torreira and Ceballos for this game. We need the grit to win the midfield battle.

I can see Liverpool scoring at least 2 against us with our current defense, so I can only hope our strikers can bail us out. Pepe, I feel will be pivotal in this game. If he comes out firing then I can see a high scoring draw.

I’ll go for a 3-3.

m-due likes this.
  17. nicky47

nicky47 Well-Known Member

Nice seeing some optimism for this one, but I'm not so confident, haha. Liverpool I believe have a cracking record at home, and last season they only lost once. Narrowly...

Can't see us being the ones to change that. Just hoping for a competitive match, not a hammering. Maybe a solid draw? Great occasion for some of players to prove a point mind.

m-due likes this.
  18. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Just go all out attack, Auba, Laca, Pepe, Özil, Ceballos, Nelson... don't care about formation, just fit them all in and see how much joy they get against Liverpools high line.

m-due likes this.
  19. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I remember Barca getting their asses handed to them not so long ago at Anfield. A point would be excellent.

nicky47 likes this.
  20. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Laca riding the bench for this one I reckon. Move Luiz into midfield as a special one off emergency tactic for this game .... whose with me? :lol:

m-due likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.