• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Honestly, i wouldn't want one from Fabinho, Wijnaldum or Henderson in my team.

Still they are able to "eat" our four-man-midfield, because they know excactly what to do.

Their mentality at Anfield is incredible, they sometimes look unstoppable. Even if they don't have many chances, you know, that they will score somehow.
They aren't panicking. Even after the 3:0 they were motivated to score the next goal.

JoaoFelix

" good game plan " " it was a solid performance from arsenal " " tactical masterclass "
This is what I call getting punished by football.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

Still they are able to "eat" our four-man-midfield, because they know excactly what to do.

Their mentality at Anfield is incredible, they sometimes look unstoppable. Even if they don't have many chances, you know, that they will score somehow.
They aren't panicking. Even after the 3:0 they were motivated to score the next goal.

Yeah,it's amazing how those 3 look good under Klopp.In every moment players know what to do and what is their task and they don't make some bad mistakes in their passes,crosses,movements etc.Great system.

Ashybashy86

Well drilled. Klopp is an excellent coach/manager.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It’s frustrating because I think we went in there with last year’s game on our minds. For most of the first half the mindset seemed to be not embarrassing ourselves.

I think this was the time to go two wingers and try and hurt them aggressively on the break. Opportunity missed.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

I do wonder what we would look like with three good sized, mobile & tactically disciplined center mids... Even two out of three.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

" good game plan " " it was a solid performance from arsenal " " tactical masterclass "
This is what I call getting punished by football.
I rest my case. Would make early 2000's Stoke blush for f*ck's sake.

benjamin86

Established Member
It’s frustrating because I think we went in there with last year’s game on our minds. For most of the first half the mindset seemed to be not embarrassing ourselves.

I think this was the time to go two wingers and try and hurt them aggressively on the break. Opportunity missed.
Agreed, i think you need to be brave to beat LFC. Push your wide forwards up high and ask LFC the question of whether they want to let their fullbacks get forward and leave us with 1 easy long ball into the channel for a 3 on 2 situation.

Finesse

I do wonder what we would look like with three good sized, mobile & tactically disciplined center mids... Even two out of three.

This is the whole point about Emery’s midfield. This is his second season and you struggle to see what he is trying to build. He keeps changing them around with no clear structure. You don’t need 100m to build a character and work ethic of what is required from a midfield. When you see the City ( pure craft and ability to operate in tight spaces ) and Liverpool ( compact and efficient) midfield you know what to expect. It’s simple and straightforward.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
European Championships (Greece 2004), Champions Leagues (2012 Chelsea) were won by this exact tactics/gameplans, they're not wrong per se.

Pepe converting one of his two chances, Auba getting slightly luckier with his effort and Liverpool might have opened up earlier to equalize and our pace up front would've done more harm.

Ifs and buts, Emery's decisions haven't been as harmful today as individual issues, both in attack and in defense.

JoaoFelix

What you suggesting? Going to attack Liverpool and leave space in midfield so mane Firmino salah have all the spaces they want to humiliate us? This is what you want?
I would have tried to win. Which he didn't. Because when you lose 2-0 and bring in Torreira instead of a striker. That shows you didn't want to win.

Symbia

You guys are making this Liverpool team sounds like world all stars.

This is the team that struggled against the bang average Chelski team in the super cup.

Tactics or not we reduced ourselves to tad average team before them because we were afraid of them. Played like a bottom team today.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
What you suggesting? Going to attack Liverpool and leave space in midfield so mane Firmino salah have all the spaces they want to humiliate us? This is what you want?
You realize there is an area in between the cowardice Emery set out today and what you're suggesting right? Unless you have one of these big physical teams like you see at the bottom of the table whose default tactic is to park the bus it is not a prudent idea to try to stay in a shell for 90 minutes with no outlet on the counter. We're weak defending set pieces and weak in the air and our tactic was to allow as many crosses as Liverpool wanted and concede a million corners when they've got Van Dijk. The only way to go and get a result against a team like Liverpool is to force them to alter their game and be brave enough to push their fullbacks back by giving them someone to mark. It's not Jordan Henderson or Fabinho or Wijnaldum who are shredding teams and springing that front 3. It's the fullbacks who are providing the service more often than not so to decide that the best course of action was to give those fullbacks free reign to do exactly that was shocking from Emery.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I would have tried to win. Which he didn't. Because when you lose 2-0 and bring in Torreira instead of a striker. That shows you didn't want to win.
Liverpool didn't lose in Anfield like in 2 years better teams than us gone thier and tried to win and got destroyed why you think Arsenal who didnt win away against top 6 side in last 22 games would win against current European champion?

JoaoFelix

European Championships (Greece 2004), Champions Leagues (2012 Chelsea) were won by this exact tactics/gameplans, they're not wrong per se.

Pepe converting one of his two chances, Auba getting slightly luckier with his effort and Liverpool might have opened up earlier to equalize and our pace up front would've done more harm.

Ifs and buts, Emery's decisions haven't been as harmful today as individual issues, both in attack and in defense.
You can re write the history like you want but at the end of the day we lost and deserved that. Norwich went to Anfield and dominated some parts of the game whilst playing an attacking football , plus they have a weaker squad than us or Liverpool by far

JoaoFelix

Liverpool didn't lose in Anfield like in 2 years better teams than us gone thier and tried to win and got destroyed why you think Arsenal who didnt win away against top 6 side in last 22 games would win against current European champion?
We played like stoke and still lost.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
You guys are making this Liverpool team sounds like world all stars.

This is the team that struggled against the bang average Chelski team in the super cup.

Tactics or not we reduced yourselves to tad average team before them because we were afraid of them. Played like a bottom team today.

No, these are the european Champions, unbeaten at home for over two years and confident against us at the back of their recent results at Anfield.

We're integrating new players and forced to play with at least half our first first defense out.

These are not excuses, but facts. Based on which evidence could our players/coach have gone into this match, thinking we could beat them with an attacking setup/gameplan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom