• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 25/09/04

Gurgen

Established Member
Ofcourse he is only noticed when he makes mistakes. That is when he is costing us. He's supposed to save balls, there's nothing special in that, it's not like he's grinding out spectacular supersaves ala Seaman.

jasonkwk

Mark said:
Lehmann had a good game, but is only noticed when he makes mistakes so I wouldn't expect much praise going his way.

yup,what u said is right.I just hope he can continue his form.Campbell really done a good job fend off Anelka. :wink:

Do u think our defence is good enough to keep cleansheet by looking at this match.Do u think it can be improved, and which part should patch up?

Mark

Established Member
Our defence does look more solid now with Campbell back. Hopefully we will keep another clean sheet on Wednesday. Defence will be important in the winter months when we need to grind out results like we did today.

At the moment, I can't see much that needs improving back there. Except perhaps more depth in backup. If Wenger thinks there's something missing, he can make a signing in January.

jay-d

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Ofcourse he is only noticed when he makes mistakes. That is when he is costing us. He's supposed to save balls, there's nothing special in that, it's not like he's grinding out spectacular supersaves ala Seaman.
:roll:

Isragooner

From the start
Lehmann-Great,looked confident,it looks like he worked on set pieces alot this week.
Lauren-Ok.
Toure-Steady Toure.
Campbell-Looked allright,except for one mistake.
Cole-Amazing,he was all over the place,1 goal,another shot hit the post,Great defending,he was really up for it.
Reyes-nothing special,an off game and thats it.
Edu-a little bit rusty,but good passing,he had some bad passes though,and he wasted 2 freekicks,so..
Vieira-Ahhh,Dominates the midfield.
Ljunberg-At times he was dangerous,but he was not really sharp today.
Bergkamp-Was he playing?awful game.
Henry-good game,he was really involved in all of the attacks,but the problem is he tends to dwell in that left flank,and reyes gets so confused,but it will take some time..

Clichy-he was great,very lively,very fast,made some good runs..
Fabregas and v.persie-can't say much.

juz7_pi12es

xcache3.gif
TOGETHER TOGETHER!

bobbypires

Established Member
Well, here are my thoughts:

1st half much better than 2nd half. We could score 2-3 goals. Best players: Cole, Kolo, Titi, Freddie & Edu. Anelka for them was the only 1 who tried something, but Kolo was immense, as usual.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
It was good to see us grind out a win. It shows we can play fantasy football as well as get stuck in. Lehmann had a monster of a game. Cole and Toure were exceptional. Reyes had an indifferent game and Henry's constant whining is getting extremely annoying. Anelka remains a class act and the pacey Wright-Phillips had a quiet game but that was mainly down to the superb Cole.

Allyboy

Established Member
Just back from the game, I am going to do a full report for the site tomorrow.

It was my first ever away game and it was awesome! The atmosphere in the Arsenal section was excellent, barring a slight lull in the second half for about 5-10 mins but this was mainly because the Citeh fans would not sing. In fact they were pretty terrible, they chanted CITY CITY CITY once every 10 minutes but that was about it! So much for some of the best fans in the league!

Only drawback was that I will have "Bup bup bup! We've got Ko-lo Tou-re! Duh Duh Duh! He plays for Arsenal!" stuck in my head for the rest of the week :wink:

A

Anonymous

Allyboy said:
Just back from the game, I am going to do a full report for the site tomorrow.

It was my first ever away game and it was awesome! The atmosphere in the Arsenal section was excellent, barring a slight lull in the second half for about 5-10 mins but this was mainly because the Citeh fans would not sing. In fact they were pretty terrible, they chanted CITY CITY CITY once every 10 minutes but that was about it! So much for some of the best fans in the league!

Only drawback was that I will have "Bup bup bup! We've got Ko-lo Tou-re! Duh Duh Duh! He plays for Arsenal!" stuck in my head for the rest of the week :wink:

Seriously mate, if you think that atmosphere was good, wait you get to the lane or old Trafford.

Today the gooners were ****.

huyha123

Reyes quiet coz not understanding or Henry not cooperate with him well??? he suppose to be the other part of our attack up-front. so could anyone tell me why he not as good as beginning games???

for the bolton game i can see due to lack of creativity in the midfield. Henry and Reyes have to come back, get the ball, do the job. but Reyes is not up to it yet. it is not his game. so that's why he bad.

what about today game?? i not see it so no idea.

bethie

my 5 cents worth

Lehmann-good job. didn't give me the jitters unlike the bolton match. must have been practising on his set pieces. looks stable and made a few good save.
Lauren-Ok.
Toure-shut out anelka a couple of times good job too
Campbell-steady as rock and expecting more from him as he shakes off his rust
Cole- MOM. he defends, he attacks and he score. what can i say?
Reyes- nothing much from him today. tad disappointed.
Edu- didn't really see him much on the field
Vieira- the usual i feel
Ljunberg- lots of running but unfortunately nothing to show for it
Bergkamp- definitely his off game. man, he's awful... all his passes nowhere or hitting the city defenders
Henry- some good run but alas no conversion

Clichy- good... running all over the place and chasing the ball down
Fabregas and v.persie- last 5 min so can't really tell

juz7_pi12es

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
One of the most disgusting things i've seen this season ....

Freddie ljungberg has the ball inside our box - skips past 1 or 2 players, comes up against a city defender, nutmegs him, but looks to have put too much power on it, the ball is heading out for a throw in....

Ljungberg was still trying to chase it though - right before it goes out, he slide tackles in one last attempt to try and get it before it goes out. He fails. While still sliding, one of the man city coaches STEPS ON HIS FOOT !!!

Unbelievable really. Freddie was furious before kevin keegan came in and managed to see the funny side of it.

Replays clearly showed the coach intentionally stepped on his foot. The coach is now laughing at the incident with keegan on the bench.

Unbelievable.

Hey guys, regarding this matter, does FA 'just forgive and forget'? Because we are Arsenal? Or it's actually nothing?

yeah that was a disgraceful behaviour... have no idea why he did that... but it would be if FA can do semething to him...

praise for Ashley Cole for being such a dependable player! me and my friends were discussing who were the most complete players in the world right by seeing from the combination of defensive and offensive skill... most of them vote for Steven Gerard and Pirlo ... but i know they are wrong because Ashley is the guy without question....

A

Anonymous

I agree.
A keeper shouldnt be noticed, if a keeper isnt noticed then he has had a good game. Of course if he pulls off a wonder save then yeh he will be noticed, but generally it is mistakes that get people noticing a keeper. So for people not to talk about jens after this game obviously means he is solid. Once again, for people to feel the need to overly praise lehmann, and start this old debate again is rather sad, are you going to all come on here and praise him and say the 'bashers are proven wrong' every time he makes a save? because if you are i will be sure to steer clear of any of these match reports in the future. lemon had a good game today.
I also only got back a few hours ago, thought our atmosphere was rather average, not bad, not the best.

A

Anonymous

Page 9 in this thread is funny.
Someone says something about people only noticing jens for making mistakes, in other words calling the people who dont rate him ignorant.
Then about 10,000 plums join the band wagon and agree, can i ask, are these plums who have never ever been to a game the same people who hopped on the anti jens bandwagon after the chelsea games? because i am sure there was a HUGE % of people here who hated him, no all of a sudden majority love him. For some strange reason i may be in the minority here, but at least my opinion has stayed consistant, unlike some fickle people here.

patrick42uk

Established Member
lehmann was good so was vieira. our team passing was better than previous games and that was partly down to edu. i worry about reyes' stamina. his touches were getting heavier in the early parts of the 2nd half, perharps a sign of tiredness. has he completed 90 minutes for us in a game yet?

Latest posts

Top Bottom