• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 26/08/06

We better win. If we don't we could be in for a long season. I don't think think that we can expect Chelsea or Manure to drop very many points a lot the way. Also it is vital that we continue to stay ahead of spuds.

moriconi

we just have to take our chances, we could have won 5 -1 against villa but we didnt take our chances

Anything but a win would be a disaster considering we could possibly fall 8 points a drift of Chelsea and Man United(worst case scenario of course but theres a definate possibility).

Dougan17

We need a win to get the ball rolling, there's no doubt dropping more points and we'd be out before we were in.

tquick247

if we dont win, it doesnt mean that we'll never catch chelsea or man u, but it does mean that every paper and website will write that arsenal will always be second to one of the two and that we dont have any chance of winning the prem this year...however i agree that we need this win more than anything write now, a win will give confidence to the players and will give us fans some hope...and it cant just be any win...we really have to make a mark in this game, at least win the game by 2 or 3 goals

Army of Me

Established Member
a little bit worried tbh, not even going to guess what team we'll play or what the score will be.

i just hope we win.

legandary

City are a good tough team, but i believe we will get the points. Henry should be rested tonight and therefore will be fresh for the game.

If we put in a performance like we did against a well organised Villa team we will get the points. Also city play with two strikers and will be easier to break down. I expect a tough game, but a win. I would like to see RVP and reyes start this game too.

weelip

I just hope we get an early goal to settle the nerves. If we get a goal within the first 20 minutes, we should expect an easy win or even a goalfest.

Ratinho

Established Member
Yeah, they are a poor side with a p1ss poor manager. I'll be far more dissapointed if we don't get a win here, than I was at the weekend.

this team

lehmann

eboue k toure (gallas) flamini

hleb gilberto fabregas rosicky

walcott v persie

i don't see why we can't win our first game at the emirates stadium we were just getting used to it the second time we should be better and take our chances 8)

Ratinho

Established Member
Adebayor will start tbh.

And Gallas is in there is he? Interesting, not sure what the FA will say about that.

Reyes no.11

dear my wenger, please play 4-3-3! it clearly suits all our players except for henry. but henry proved he's still awesome when he plays there.

proven facts: Gilberto is best at true DM. He shouldn't be near penalty box and scoring. Fabregas is definately better when 3 in middle. hleb is defintely better when playing at CM. VanPersie made the below position is own for holland. And of course, when we needed to score with this formation in europe last year, we did score! only reason we got 0-0 with this formation was because we didn't need to score!

---------------Lehmann

Eboue-----Toure------Djrourou---Flamini

---------------Gilberto
--------Fabregas-------Hleb

VanPersie--------------------Walcott
----------------Henry(C)

Subs: Almunia, Cygan, Rosicky, Reyes, Adeabyor

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Reyes no.11 said:
dear my wenger, please play 4-3-3! it clearly suits all our players except for henry. but henry proved he's still awesome when he plays there.

proven facts: Gilberto is best at true DM. He shouldn't be near penalty box and scoring. Fabregas is definately better when 3 in middle. hleb is defintely better when playing at CM. VanPersie made the below position is own for holland. And of course, when we needed to score with this formation in europe last year, we did score! only reason we got 0-0 with this formation was because we didn't need to score!

---------------Lehmann

Eboue-----Toure------Djrourou---Flamini

---------------Gilberto
--------Fabregas-------Hleb

VanPersie--------------------Walcott
----------------Henry(C)

Subs: Almunia, Cygan, Rosicky, Reyes, Adeabyor

No Gilberto shouldn't be in the penalty area rescuing games for us at all, what was he thinking on Saturday? Disgraceful...

My word. :roll:

Ratinho

Established Member
Reyes no.11 said:
proven facts: Gilberto is best at true DM. He shouldn't be near penalty box and scoring.

My word. :lol:

I will not remove the above statement, but I would like to remind myself to refresh the page more often.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
He's got a habit of popping up and scoring important last minute goals has our O'Silva.

Followed by customary 'ARSE-E-NAL' shout.

'It's fantast, no'? :lol:

stuart

Established Member
it will be tough city no they have to play well at home because their away formm is autrocious,i can see them playing similar to aston villa,that is why we must have a variety of styles to play with as team are just going to try and frustrate us!!

Lukazan

Established Member
I'm going to this one. Anyone else?

I've got a horrid habit of picking games Henry isn't selected to play in or doesn't start :(, so it could be the same here.. although with the performance he turned in on Saturday and declaring himself only 60% fit, maybe it's a good thing. On the other hand he also said he needs games, so who knows..

Gotta say I'm not too confident at all, and if Man City come out half decently we'll struggle. Just gotta hope they crumble I suppose..

Jkreffer

Established Member
gunning griffin said:
last time we beat them 3-0 or sumthing right? i remember reyes got a cracker in the end

It was 3-1. Reyes got two and Freddie got the other. Sommeil scored for City if I am not mistaken?

Top Bottom