• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal, February 3rd, 16:30 Sky Sports

Will Arsenal beat Bald Fraud FC?

• Yes

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 66 68.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

That’s only the away games.. Happened once though if you count all competitions.. Relegation form the first few months of 18, was hard to watch lol.
Pfff I remember almost nothing from last season, drove it all away, couldn’t deal with it.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

We haven't done well against the smaller teams though. People are pissed because they know we're not getting top 4. We haven't won an away game in the premier league since November. That tells you everything about our top 4 chances, whether or not our run is easier on paper.

I'm going with the glass half full here. Deep down I know if any team is likely to drop points against bottom of the league teams it's us.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Would one of you guys be as kind as to give me his personal summary on the game and how the players have rated. Maybe with some positives (if any) and especially negative things ?

Hard to go through all the pages to check, if one already did - thanks in advance

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
What I will moan about though is a lovely bit of good ol' media bias from Jacob Steinberg:

"As for Arsenal, they remain in sixth place, a point behind Ole’s boys, three behind the Sarriball Art Experiment. They just aren’t capable of matching the top sides for 90 minutes. They still make too many mistakes at the back and Unai Emery will feel that a lot of his players aren’t good enough. Emery needs time. He’s done well to get them so close to the top four, but he’s working with a very unbalanced squad."

Remain in sixth place? Remain?!?! We were in 4th place the other day, you tw*t, acting like we've been in 6th the whole feckin' season. Jesus that guy gets my goat.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Saka isn’t ready to start PL games, Amaechi is closer but he has barely played a month at u23 level since returning from injury. They’ll be ready in time, Iwobi is usually a good performer from the bench.
Saka could not have been worse than most of our team today and might have been better. When your senior pros aren't cutting it, it's not a bad idea to gamble on youth.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Just outgunned with player quality & tactical ability of the opposition.

Dissapointed with the effort second half which is something the likes of Newcastle & Palace showed more of vs big teams recently.

Champions league slipping away I find hard to care about as this group is poor. Needs a complete rebuild rather than keep adding random b list players.

Gooner_girl14

Yeah this worries me more than the defence, there’s no reason why we should be struggling to create chances like this, something needs to be done to fix that.

We can't create anything because our team is so top heavy and disjointed. We can't transition from defence to attack. Our best option to fix that was sitting on the bench at 350k/week but apparently this game is not suited to him.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We keep trying to add more creativity instead of fixing the root cause. Suarez feels like a pointless signing to me.

Good thing it’s only a loan and not a signing yet, hopefully we’ll go after the right profile of players in the summer.. Any offensive signing should be a proper winger who can dribble and create or a midfielder with pace, technique and power who can drive forward..

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
They are much better than us. This is going to be a long road and we need to give emery the benefit of the doubt.
He's doing a few things that are making me question him, but ultimately this is a hell of a job. The amount of individual errors is concerning.
Very hard to manage. Our finances have been handled horribly. He is managing with his hands bound. This Özil wages and not being used situation is really awful. Its having huge consequences.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Think he’s on 129 now. Disgraceful for such a turd of a footballer.
Hmmm unacceptable 129 games at his age he should have some sort of experience not to do stupid ****. But much older guys in our teams do it to so...I still have faith in him.

Manberg

Predator
Our best chance of making the champions league next season is by winning the Europa League. It's about time we put all our eggs into that basket. We don't need to be consistent we just need to be good on the Europa match days.

If you think we can finish the season with more points in the league than 2 of Sp**s, Utd and Chelsea you're kidding yourselves.

Bobby the no1 gooner

Ya'll need Jesus
We are so predictable just like the last years of Wenger's Arsenal. Never a surprising win away to a top opponent. Just the odd victory and good performance at home. Mistakes at the back are a certainty so surely Emery needs to take some responsibility at some point.

I thought that the mindset would change to make this team harder to beat but that clearly isn't the case. A top manager shouldn't be relying on many transfers to impose his effective ideas on the team and this lot he has inherited are hardly devoid of talent. What has Emery actually brought to the table? I can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom