• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Wednesday June 17th | KO: 20:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

9jagooner

This is similar to what Cesc said about his time at Arsenal. Players just don't have that mentality to fight.
I remember Justin Hoyte at Arsenal. Yes he wasn't the world class RB, but he would rather break your legs than let you ridicule the team. Ask Ronaldo and Rooney

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
we just didnt have a midfield... it was amazing to watch. The slowness of thought and passing, and total lack of cutting edge was so sad to see. Its just 2 yrs since Wenger left. Feels like a lifetime.

9jagooner

We lack balance in our squad and we lack stability. It will take time but for starters, we need to trust that Arteta was the right appointment. Then we need to sack Raul and start recruiting better.
I've heard good things from Arteta so I'm fine with him.
It's the players that need to wake up. As Arteta said, we need players who want to be at Arsenal. Players who will give everything on the pitch.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd be interested to know how City would have coped losing KDB and Laporte in the first 25 minutes and then having Garcia sent off.

We were playing well. At one point level in possession. Then Xhaka gets injured. Then Mari goes off. And Luiz comes on and costs us the game. Another howler and another penalty. I'm taking positives. Yes this isnt the first game of the season but its thr first game of Artetas rein where so much has went wrong. And that guy who done it is out the door sooner rather than later.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't buy the "not good enough players" excuse.
How come other teams, some even lower on the epl table, play City and Pool and at least give them a fight? Yet we play them and surrender to a 12-0 attempt on target.
It's not an excuse. Most of our goals for the last couple of years have been individual errors, not organisational problems. You give the ball to Sterling in front of goal, he'll score. You hack down a player in the box, they'll score . . simples. Arteta's not to blame, it's recruitment.

9jagooner

It's not an excuse. Most of our goals for the last couple of years have been individual errors, not organisational problems. You give the ball to Sterling in front of goal, he'll score. You hack down a player in the box, they'll score . . simples. Arteta's not to blame, it's recruitment.
No one is blaming Arteta.
Every football game will have one or two individual errors. Not that I'm excusing David for his.
But was it also errors that stopped us from not getting a shot on target for 90 minutes?
Or errors that's seen us concede at least 2 goals per game against City in last 7 outings scoring only 1?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd be interested to know how City would have coped losing KDB and Laporte in the first 25 minutes and then having Garcia sent off.

We were playing well. At one point level in possession. Then Xhaka gets injured. Then Mari goes off. And Luiz comes on and costs us the game. Another howler and another penalty. I'm taking positives. Yes this isnt the first game of the season but its thr first game of Artetas rein where so much has went wrong. And that guy who done it is out the door sooner rather than later.

It was OUR fault Luiz got sent off. We will never know how City would cope because they don’t make the same * mistakes at the back.

We aren’t a small relegation threatened club going to a big side hoping to avoid a hammering, yet we talk like that’s what we are when it happens.

We haven’t won away at a top 6 side since January 2015 and have a GD of +1 after 29 games sitting squarely mid table. Our record signing cost more than City’s. This is inexcusable.

We just aren’t good enough and need a culture shift.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

How does that excuse that record? Wolves have fared better ffs.
Wenger's record v City was embarassing for them prior to Mansour buying them in 2008.

Between 2008 and Wenger leaving they won 11 and we won 7 (7 draws), which is pretty much what you'd expect given their cash injection.

In the last 2 years we've lost all 4. But given our recent recruitment shambles it's not surprising.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I see you constantly in matchday threads blaming the youngsters all the time even if it is obvious that it's the seniors that are playing badly in that particular games. :lol:
It's not my fault if you misinterpret my posts. Our youngsters are inexperienced but definitely not to blame for the mess we're in.

moloso

This is similar to what Cesc said about his time at Arsenal. Players just don't have that mentality to fight.
I remember Justin Hoyte at Arsenal. Yes he wasn't the world class RB, but he would rather break your legs than let you ridicule the team. Ask Ronaldo and Rooney

What a load of ****e - Hoyte was terrible and just about the most timid player we've had.

It's not my fault if you misinterpret my posts. Our youngsters are inexperienced but definitely not to blame for the mess we're in.

No misinterpretation here haha. You were basically hating on them in so many threads. No two ways about it mate! But it's ok, I always respect your opinions.

moloso

There's lots of things wrong - realised we had no chance when after about 20 mins Leno rolled the ball under his foot a couple of times and didn't trust any player to actually pass to and hoofed it up the pitch - this after we had been passing it between the Tierney, Mari and Leno for about 5 mins straight and Man City had simply put every single player in our half.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Nothing has changed. Didn't expect anything out of this game but Arteta's lineup baffles me. Nketiah looks like he's going to make a decent striker for Blackburn Rovers in a few years, same goes for the likes of Willock.

When I compare this team to the 2015 Arsenal or the 2010 Arsenal who would get in those teams? Maybe Leno and Aubameyang. And those teams weren't good enough to compete either. So where does that leave us? Exactly where we are now. Out of Europe at the hands of Olympiakos and midtable in the league.

Other managers wouldn't necessarily do a better job right now given the lack of quality we have, but things still look as depressing as it did in Wengers last season.

The positive is that Liverpool could go from laughing stock (losing 6-1 to Stoke in 2015) to Champions League and Premier League winners. All hope is not lost.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We went to old Trafford Stamford Bridge at least we put a fight eagainst Chelsea we comeback twice with 10 men heck even at Anfield before again Luiz cost us 2 goals. City are just different level than us at the moment they slapping us home and away no matter how awful or good we are.

Things is known until we start get players who improve us and make us better team then we'll have better chance or it'll be the same old story against sides like city Liverpool you can't hope you go to team like man city starting with 3 youngsters who just started thier top level career to win against these kind of teams.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It was OUR fault Luiz got sent off. We will never know how City would cope because they don’t make the same ******** mistakes at the back.

We aren’t a small relegation threatened club going to a big side hoping to avoid a hammering, yet we talk like that’s what we are when it happens.

We haven’t won away at a top 6 side since January 2015 and have a GD of +1 after 29 games sitting squarely mid table. Our record signing cost more than City’s. This is inexcusable.

We just aren’t good enough and need a culture shift.
Luiz was not meant to start. And then injuries happened and he came into the game. That's not a mistake that's injuries and yes it can happen to City. As weve seen most of this season with Laporte who has been out. So who knows what happens if he pulls up again rather than Mari or Xhaka. On come Ottmandei or Stones and they arent exactly the most reliable players in the world. Anyway it's a mute point as it didnt happen that way but it is a massive factor in us going from comfortable to a 3 nil defeat.

I think I've seen enough evidence under Arteta that there has been a shift. I'm confident for the remainder of the season. As for Pepe and spending cannot agree more. Weve not done well enough for what weve spent. That comes down to management and thankfully we've binned the last two guys. Let's see what Arteta can do going forward. I'm seeing things that encourage me.

jgirolami

Forgetting about the actual shambles of a result. If this is what we have to look forward to with empty stadiums for the next half a year I would rather do without. It was like watching Sunday league and that was with the excitement of a restart and possible places to obtain in the next few weeks. What’s this going to be like at the beginning of next season? Everyone just going through the motions not giving a rats ass as there is no accountability due to not having fans screaming for passion/drive and anything else you can think off. Win lose or draw and these buggers will still be walking off the pitch with huge smiles on there faces knowing there picking up £200k per week. Seriously, football should just re-boot. Let every players contracts run out and give them max £50k contracts so us supporters don’t have to pay huge sums for satellite, clothes,admission and the like. Remember football is nothing without the supporters, as is showing already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom