• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Wednesday June 17th | KO: 20:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

m-due

I for one, I’m happy that football is back. It’s hard watching some of the highlights post-covid without fans. City might be favorite but the world went in flames since then but hopefully we will be on equal footing as a result :D COYG

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Arsenal 8/1 for the win and 5/1 to grab a draw. I mean in normal circumstances fair enough, but we are as far away from normal as you can get. We are living in the upside-down now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

...disappointed no one started a thread for the friendly against Charlton that we couldn't watch and wasn't even announced to the public.

Had some juicy nostalgia vids ready to go :drool:

Were you gonna post that clip of Henry embarrassing the Charlton defender and then looking back at him when he misses with a tackle? :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
A journalist who was allowed to watch the Arsenal vs Charlton game has just said we were battered 0-3 and looking very unfit.

That's a worry.

It's especially worrying as it has been reported on Arsenal.com that we won 6-0

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
If lacazette, PEA, and Özil start int he same team - we will lose big time.

It's a tried and tested formula.

Personally, we must win the midfield battle. Martinelli and Nketiah should both start with PEA. Both have much better work rate.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If lacazette, PEA, and Özil start int he same team - we will lose big time.

It's a tried and tested formula.

Personally, we must win the midfield battle. Martinelli and Nketiah should both start with PEA. Both have much better work rate.
It's not going to work. If Eddie, Marty and Auba start together, that will mean Auba in the LW, Marty on the RW and Eddie in CF position. Martinelli has always been dogshit in the RW.

it has to be Auba Eddie Pepe

Moah

It's not going to work. If Eddie, Marty and Auba start together, that will mean Auba in the LW, Marty on the RW and Eddie in CF position. Martinelli has always been dogshit in the RW.

it has to be Auba Eddie Pepe
Plus playing 3 no.9's in a 4-3-3 formation means no creativity at all.

Moah

Took the words out of my mouth. Real lack of 1v1 specialty in that front 3 aswell.
Exactly, and it will be difficult for them to stay in their respective positions and will end up overcrowding the center.

People were complaining that Pepe didn't hold on to the wing, imagine what will happen with this front three.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Leno
Bellerin Luiz Mari Tierney
Ceballos Xhaka
Pepe Özil Saka
Auba

Can hit them on the break or play football on the ground with that side

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Leno
Ceballos Xhaka
Pepe Özil Saka
Auba

I like it. Not a lot wrong with it.

Moah

Leno
Ceballos Xhaka
Pepe Özil Saka
Auba

But can a Xhaka-Ceballos midfield protect the back 4 from City's attack?

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Only issue is he hasn’t played Auba ST yet. So quite unrealistic tbh
We aren't going to have more of the ball anyway. Having Auba at CF may not be a bad idea. But I agree with you. That seems very unlikely

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Midfield probably a bit too open but guess that will be the case no matter what we do.

Key will be to find an efficient way to counter-attack consistently.

I liked what Emery did with Auba and Pepe against Liverpool, so would try to replicate that and go with 3 at the back, something like this:

Leno
Sokratis Luiz Mari
Bellerin Ceballos Xhaka Saka
Özil
Pepe Auba
Willock is a good ball-carrier so he could be a good option instead of Özil in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom