• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

Rohit

Established Member
I am surprised there ain't a match thread for this already.To say this is a big match will be the understatement of the century.It was always going to be big,even if we had won our first 3 games.Now that we have managed only 2 points in 3 games and Man Utd have notched up the maximum in 4 it is of utmost importance that we do not loose.A loss would leave us 13 points adrift with no chance of the title whatsoever. ( i do think we have the talent and the squad to win the permiership barring ridiculous bad luck with injuries if we get our act right )

We havn't beaten Utd. in the Premiership since 2002,havn't scored a goal at Old Trafford since 2002 actually.Our record against big teams in the past seasons hasn't been too good either.

I'll hazard a bold prediction though.Arsenal to win 2-0.
We should be up for this really,not that we havn't been for the past 3 games but there needs to be more urgency,a higher tempo,more of a fight.We certainly have more quality than this United team.

And if Henry is leading us out,i do not want to see him cracking jokes and laughing with Rooney,Ferdinand and co. in the tunnel,it is just very annoying.

James

Established Member
There isnt a match thread yet, because, basically one game at a time.

This shall be moved after tonight's game.

James

Established Member
Well, with United also winning tonight, but sides will go into it believing they'll be capable of getting something out of the match.

I still think we're going to struggle though, especially if Kolo is missing.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
1-2 to Arsenal, and Fergie will be pretty much pissed after the game as usual, and start the whole referees hate us ****.

dos1986

Established Member
Watching united tonight we have a real chance Carrick and Rio were ****e and rooney didnt look too fit,if henry and toure are fit we can do it united's pitch will help ous too

been

o man o man i cant believe kolo is injured

any news about it??????

geez i hope its nothing serious

Arnie

If he don't play, forget it!!
i trust a djourou-gallas partnership, but don't trust hoyte at left back!!

Rocafella

Established Member
I won't count us out 100% but United are probably more favourite to win going into this match then ever before and rightly so. I expect them to beat us but who knows.

c_man2006

absaloutly ****ting my pants over this game. we can either get thumped 2 or 3 - 0 or play to our potential and beat the ****.

i can lay money on a dodgy pen being giving as well!

COME ON ARSENAL!!!!

Super Bob

It's strange because I've never been confident before we play at Old Trafford these last few years - but I really think we have a chance on Sunday. Hopefully Kolo is fit - like Arnie says Djourou and Gallas would be fine as centre-backs but I wouldn't like to see Ronaldo vs. Hoyte at left-back

This game is always so physical and I'd like to see the Beast get a start - hopefully Arsène has been saving him for this match.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
I think Manure's first 4 performances have been overhyped. They are a descent side but nothintg special to them, absolutely nothing. I am pretty confident of getting a good result. If Toure is injured please flamini play at LB for one last game. You handled Ronaldo better than even Cashley.

I hope Henry is fit..but if he is not its gonna be a 4-4-2. Freddie to start..gotta have some grit

Arnie

The thing is, defence for us will be crucial, because their attack is fomidable, thank god giggs is injured, Gilberto will have to play like he did today, because i saw bits of Utd tonight and scholes was on fire!! That's where it will be won and lost IMO, we must cut the supply!!

the best way to attack them would be to be physical with their centre backs, it's unusual that Sylvestre and Rio get done fo Pace. So Adebayor (i can't believe i'm saying this) must start, and play like he did tonight because that's exactly the type of hustle we need against Utd CB's to unsettle them.

Linson

I havent been able to see the game tonight. Can anyone tell me whats gone on with Toure?
We are going to get tonked sooo badly by Manure its not even going to be funny. Manure are on fire atm and we are dogsh**e!
Anyone know where I can get match highlights of tonights game pretty snappy?

lee1001

Established Member
For once in my life im seriously considering not watching this game...quite honestly im scared ****less!!

JazzG

Established Member
They look strong in attack but very average in defense imo. I think if we can get the ball forward quick enough in counter attacks we might cause problems as they like to commit a lot into attack which leaves them exposed at the back.

Last time we played them we played them off the park for the first 20mins, we put all our effort into that part of the match, didn't score and completely ran out of steam and they took over. This time though both teams have played in the CL mid-week so fitness wise we won't be at a disadvantage but if we get on top in the match we have to make it count. Henry usually doesn't seemed bothered in these matches but we need a big performance from him this time.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Giggs' absence is a big blow for them, because he has been exceptional so far this season. I hope Toure will be fit and ready for this game. It's not an exaggeration to say that we need to win on Sunday.

bobbydazzler

I hope that hleb doesn't play if he doesn't we will have a chance. I would like to see the beast play to but if henry is fit he should partner RvP.

Cesc might be too lightweight in midfield, united will target him so if they do we should put the beast on and have our whole squad target carrick, giggs and ronaldo.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
we normally suffer vs man utd. maybe its our style. its been a long time since we really won man utd. hopefully this time the lads could do it. but i am very very worried if hoyte plays

seb_afc

Established Member
lee1001 said:
For once in my life im seriously considering not watching this game...quite honestly im scared ****less!!

haha you can try, but you know damn well you'll end up watching it one way or another!

Top Bottom