• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

MrHanson

Nyingmeh said:
Did you know ... Gallas is world class, I mean if he's like this as LB, how would he and Kolo be when he moves to CB.

And besides he's taken up the position with no complaints.

He's Gallas the GLADIATOR

With gallas playing so well at LB and djorou looking the bees knees at CB will AW want to reshuffle when geal recovers? Will be intresting.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
James said:
I'm guessing no one there had any run ins with the **** then? Seen a few go after one Gooner, but fair play to the steward who stepped in. Police werent doing alot but watching and waiting for it to kick off.

Was f**k all really. The perk of being in the front row at OT is you get to piss off so many c**nts.

Just seen the goal again. Cesc dumps Ronaldo to the ground, plays a one two off him, then slides Ade in beautifully. Was a blur before now haha.

And f**k me, WHAT A SAVE by Jens from Solskjaer.

It saw a few of the mongs waiting outside. Right ugly ****s they were, typical northern, knuckle dragging monkeys. Looking to pick on a few shirts, bullying a per usual. A few Arsenal made themselves known and they soon melted towards the old bill. Wankers.

But what an atmosphere in our end, outstanding. Non stop singing - I have no voice this morning. Their fans were ****, much worse than ours for big home games.

From 1-11 I thought we were excellent, great performance.

Great to see it meant as much to the players as it did to the supporters aswell, particualry Gallas. He made all the players come over in Hamburg and did the same yesterday.
Bet he is loving playing for a proper football club with proper support and where results like this are based on hard work and not stolen money.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
_scorpion_ said:
There is no satisfying some people.

We played well and beat United on thier own patch.

We actually dominated the match apart from the first 10 minutes or so.

And people want to brush this off like it was nothing?

...and some treat it as if it's the biggest thing to have happened to this club in recent history. it was a solid performance and we needed three points, but it's hardly a massive upset or something. looking at the individual players, i think our starting eleven was actually superior to that of man u's.

I actually do think it is one of the biggest things to happen in the clubs most recent history, because it's been so many years where we've beaten one of the top clubs in our league let alone the way we outplayed them. This is the first time this team and the youngsters have really come of age (in the premiership at least) and I don't think it should be downplayed.

Psychologically it will have a massive impact on the players!

Ratinho

Established Member
His point is 'OMG lets make Bert captain all teh time and leave out Henry!' and he doesn't really believe that, it's just another lame ass +1 post.

I agree with you on the last page kel. People need to find a happy medium between going mental at how s**t we are when we are unlucky not to beat weaker sides, and not saying 'Bestest team ever!!!1' when we beat another top side. I'm very happy with yesterday and we were very good, but we took apart the 3 sides before United too, and all everyone had then was whinging and guff.

As you say, looking at the two sides, I think we are clearly better on paper even without Henry. I think (hope) it's just the shock of actually winning at OT that has done it. :D

However, as gw says there, in the context of this season, it was very important. NOt the performance, but the result.

non flying dutchman

First post since getting back from the game, and all I can say is my faith is restored in all my fellow gooners.

I don't get to hardly any away matches, but was offered a ticket late last week and couldn't refuse, the atmosphere was amazing, we did not stop singing, and made the old trafford 'faithful' looks like a bunch of tw@ts it was such a good feeling.

The reason I say restored my faith is because after going to the emirates, and getting a dirty look if you stand up and try to start a song as if your going to cause trouble, and listening to all the muppets on here who only ever seem to come on here and moan when things are bad and hide when things are good, or suddenly change their views on a player if they score and say they said from the beginning he was going to be the best player we'd ever seen.

One man went to bed, went to bed with ashley!

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Ratinho said:
His point is 'OMG lets make Bert captain all teh time and leave out Henry!' and he doesn't really believe that, it's just another lame ass +1 post.

I agree with you on the last page kel. People need to find a happy medium between going mental at how s**t we are when we are unlucky not to beat weaker sides, and not saying 'Bestest team ever!!!1' when we beat another top side. I'm very happy with yesterday and we were very good, but we took apart the 3 sides before United too, and all everyone had then was whinging and guff.

As you say, looking at the two sides, I think we are clearly better on paper even without Henry. I think (hope) it's just the shock of actually winning at OT that has done it. :D

However, as gw says there, in the context of this season, it was very important. NOt the performance, but the result.

Very good overall summary bro. We got too much undeserved stick from our first 3 games. We probably played bettter/dominated more than ystday's game. Its good for the kids and the new arsenal to win a game like this. It says a lot about the team especially with Henry out. The players who started today that have played for Arsenal in our previous wins against Manure were just Freddie and Toure. The win was definitely important for the players.

Brick

kel varnsen said:
wengerboy said:
all our wins have been without henry with gilberto as captain!!!

...and your point is?

I mean really...I don't think Henry should be deprived of his captaincy, or his first-team position. But the good point is, finally no one of our rivals or haters can say: Henry=Arsenal!!!! :D :D

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Well, if we treat that as the first game of the season and build from there we'll be challenging come May. We really need to put Sheffield Utd and that twonk Warnock to bed though - expect 11 behinfd the ball come Saturday.

I've heard a lot about the anti ashley songs - a reporter on 5 live asked Wenger about it but predictably, he did not hear the incident! Can anyone enlighten me as aside from Ashley Cole is a fing ahole" schtick I couln't hear on the TV...

DBmagik10

MrHanson said:
Big Poppa said:
I feel we're a much more capable side when we play with the 3 in the middle, especially in the big games. It means that there are more passing options for us in the centre and we're able to overrun the opposition midfield rather than being overrun ourselves.

Also sets us up perfectly for the counter-attack when we can break from deep. Just think how strong we'll be when we can play a proper left back and Gallas returns to the centre.

I thought Baptista did well when he came on, and a word for Djourou - I think Saha's still trying to find a way out of his back pocket :D

Can't believe he and Cesc are only 19.

Couldn't agree anymore, cesc is tailor made for 3 CM NOT 2. 3 CM provides him with license to roam further forward with the added defensive protection behind him. This 4-5-1 formation works a treat for us against quality opposition as it enables us win the midfield battles dur to the extra CM. I know people will say its denfensive but not imo, with 4 out of the 5 players operating in midfiled being attacking minded players they offer plenty of support to the loan striker.

the 4-5-1 helped to destroy juve, madrid and man u, employing 4-4-2 leaves us too vunerable in middle of the park against top class teams.

thats exactly why i said we shd play rvp as wide RM we cant waste him if we wanna play 4-5-1.

try this formation if freddie is rested or if someone like hleb or rosicky is injured and when diaby and clichy are back

mad man

eboue toure gallas clichy

fabregas gilberto diaby

van persie rosicky

HENRY

Bench: Almunia, djourou, hleb/walcott, BEAST, Adebayor

Legend#1

Established Member
Having slept on it, here's my review:

It was a great game, and i'm proud we continue to be able to play 4-5-1 in an attacking and fluent manner like last seasons CL run.. 4-5-1 suits our players, and i'd like to use it against the bigger teams.

I thought Adebayor was terrific up front, I still don't trust him when he has time to think, because he turns into Emile Heskey MK2.. but when he plays with instinct, he is a very dangerous player.. He did his job very well yesterday, held the ball up, knocked balls down, stretched Rio and Brown, and took his goal very well, I sometimes forget he's still 22.

Rosicky has slotted in beautifully, his link up play and passing is top stuff, he also has a great shot on him and nearly scored another stunner.

The build up to the penalty was the best move we've put together all season.. I'm glad it all clicked in the biggest game so far.

I thought Gilberto was absolutely immense in his job.. He is exactly the sort of player United need.. His distribution wasn't as bad as people made out last night, there were a few times towards the end of the game, especially one thta put us in trouble, but overall he was brilliant, ran his socks off, got stuck in with some fierce tackles, picked himself up after the penalty miss, broke up countless attacks, covered for Eboue's runs.. It was a wonderful performance, a real display of leadership.

Kolo is getting better and better, he's even BIGGER now! He left his body on the pitch after that game, left it all on the line, kept Rooney quiet, brilliant interceptions, threw himself at every ball, held the line well, always talking and encouraging Djourou, even though he was injured he still left it all out there.. World class player.

Djourou is getting better and better with every performance, I love seeing a youngsters mature in front of my very own eyes, and that's what's going on with Djourou, I remember his first senior games with Arsenal in the Carling Cup, where he looked very dodgy and all the signs of a liability, then his league debut against 'Boro, where he looked shakey. Now he's keeping Saha and Rooney quiet. I remember when Liam brady said that once he learns to be a dirtier defender and command the air, he'll be well on his way.. It seems that slowly Djourou is doing that, especially being commanding in the air, he won everything last night, apart from 1 Saha header that just went past the post, considering he's still only 19, it really is a joy to watch his performances, being a 19 year old in teh heart of defence is probably the hardest thing to do.

Jens, nothing more you can say about him, the way he gritted his teeth after grabbing O'Shea was hilarious, like he was about to tear him up, his save from Ole was the save of the season and will probably be at the end of the season, considering the venue, the game and especially the time on the clock, 89th min.. I've never heard of a keeper who has realised his full potential at the age he is, he's always been a good keeper who was prone to mistakes, now he's just world class.

I thought Hleb did his job very well, like he usually does in a 4-5-1, his link up play with Eboue was brilliant once again, and he stayed wide most of the time and gave us width, he did roan around sometimes, but did it effectively, I thought he had a much better game than the subdued Freddie, he also created a few good chances, especially for Rosicky just outside the area, and Cesc too, which was unfortunately blocked by Ade.

My Man Utd supporting mate was spunking over Cesc' performances after the game, and a lot of Gooners thought he merely had just a good game, which shows the standards he sets and how frightenly good he really is, what a ball for Ade, perfectly weighted, the way Cesc, Rosi and Hleb passed around O'Shea and Scholes on their own patch was a joy to watch.. I've never seen United dominated so much in years.. Especially at Sold Trafford.

All in all, i'm ****ing delighted, this sort of performances was always in us, we haven't played badly at all, we just haven't been putting our chances away, and it looked like it would be the same story, now next week is the real test, we need to score early and beat Sheff Utd, we need to keep the momentum up, otherwise this result won't mean nowhere near as much, I don't want to be like the recent United teams and just beat the big teams and struggle against mediocre.

Arséne has got a lot of stick this season, but he tactically destroyed Ferguson last night, well done Le Boss!

Yes, i'm in a ****ing good mood today

8)
<|>
_/\_

Allyboy

Established Member
Beany said:
Well, if we treat that as the first game of the season and build from there we'll be challenging come May. We really need to put Sheffield Utd and that twonk Warnock to bed though - expect 11 behinfd the ball come Saturday.

I've heard a lot about the anti ashley songs - a reporter on 5 live asked Wenger about it but predictably, he did not hear the incident! Can anyone enlighten me as aside from Ashley Cole is a fing ahole" schtick I couln't hear on the TV...

10 men went to bed! Went to bed with Ashley! 10 men, 9 men, 8 men, 7 men, 6 men, 5 men, 4 men, 3 men, 2 men, 1 man and their mobile phones, went to bed with Ashley!

:wink:

saved.jpg

denied.jpg

****ing priceless! :D

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Allyboy said:
Beany said:

10 men went to bed! Went to bed with Ashley! 10 men, 9 men, 8 men, 7 men, 6 men, 5 men, 4 men, 3 men, 2 men, 1 man and their mobile phones, went to bed with Ashley!

:wink:

:lol:

Love it - I'd personally like to see a version of "Ronaldhio is fing gay", from the CL final...if someone can sort out the iambic pentameter...

Druid

great match. i still can't believe we won. now hopefully the floodgates can open and the curse lifted, and the players can start banging the goals in.

personally i feel adebayor is the best man suited for the lone striker in 4-5-1, even better than henry.

kskthesmart

^ nice pics mate,,,,,,but its just my opinion that we should start senderos at center once he gets back and make gallas permanent at LB

DBmagik10

What a smashing f***ing post by the Legend. spot on. and yeah my man of the match was definitely Arsène Wenger. did he study his homework or what? Utd looked like jokers out there

one of my manure supporting friends said that they were taught a bloody footballing lesson by a bunch of kids. he also said all manure fans were absolutely gutted that he played o'shea and fletcher both together and kept them on for the whole 90 mins even tho he removed scholes. something to do with being scot?
ha.

Top Bottom