• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

Brick

bojed said:
Reyes no.11 said:
henry asked the players to do something. what has henry done all season? he just wines everyday. hes not a captain. gilberto is a captain. im so glad henry wasn't out there. cause if he was, he would have made gilberto and the team feel like s**t when gilberto missed the penalty.

i really wish we sold henry to barcelona for 50 mill now.

and by the end of the day we'll lose a 25+ goals striker and whine about it all season long just for a measly 50mil in relative to a priceless world class player...

as sh*t as henry is ATM, can you deny his contribution as our captain last season?

thought so...

he's clearly off form right now, we all know that but i believe it will be only a matter of time before he's flying all over the pitch and shooting goals every now and then...

Don't even bother answering that mate, look who's saying it!

lagos

Established Member
Being a football supporter is a very emotional thing and it also has a way of bringing out the irrational in us. It is the reason why two spectators sitting side by side will see two different interpretations of an onfield event depending on which color spectacles they’ve got on! It is especially very difficult to remain objective when your team is loosing just as it is so easy to get carried away with a string of brilliant results. In the heat of our frustrations, we tend to look for scapegoats and have short term memories. If we don’t like a particular player for some reason we are more likely to make a big deal of his mistakes. And I admit I have been as guilty of this as many probably in my case because the Barcelona thing annoyed me

Yes I have moaned about Henry’s lack of sharpness this season and even called for him to be benched, I have questioned his influence on the team and his constant sulking when he doesn’t get the perfect pass. I still don’t think he’s the ideal captain but the truth is the guy is a genius, geniuses are human, humans are not capable of operating at 100% all the time. The easy thing would be to say bench Henry (like I’ve said before) but the truth is even on poor form he is probably the only one of our strikers (with the possible exception of RVP) that you know can produce something out of nothing. I like Ade, he is a hard worker but even at his best he is nowhere near Henry. besides if Henry’s problem is sharpness then what he needs is games. Yes it doesn’t look good at times when henry sulks at a misplaced pass but you are playing next to a perfectionist, he expects the perfect ball – your read of the game can only get better by playing next to such a player. If players have to raise their game to deliver the perfect pass that can’t be a bad thing! Nobody epitomises Wengerball like Henry, he’s not near his best but it will come!

The good thing about winning yesterday at manu without Henry is that it would have given the boys belief. But lets not get carried away - much as I like Ade he can’t win us the premiership.

lets take off those tinted glasses there’s no one like the King!

Ps: as a side note, I just loved Gallas’ reaction after the match!

Druid

Kraig said:
Beany said:
Gunner 2.0 said:
saved.jpg

denied.jpg

f****g priceless! :D

What's that, an ugly mirror?!

:lol:

i think someones just told him that hes got to go to mordor and defeat the evil saruman...

"whats football precious???"

:lol: :lol:

Druid

henry asked the players to do something. what has henry done all season? he just wines everyday. hes not a captain. gilberto is a captain. im so glad henry wasn't out there. cause if he was, he would have made gilberto and the team feel like s**t when gilberto missed the penalty.

i'm sure you'll regret what you said by the end of the season

Rodelero

Reyes no.11 said:

Hes been unfit all season.

The game he would have been fit for was just prior to a game against the world champions Italy; which he scored in ;)

For one, Henry would have taken, and probably scored the penalty; he doesn't miss many, hes amazing under pressure.

When he gets back; has scored 25 goals or whatever; you'll stop screaming like 5 year olds; saying that just because this team beat a fairly bad Manchester United team to shreds, this means that Henry is **** and Ade is the best striker in the world.

Guys:
Henry just having bad game for the first 3 games and all of you suggested Henry to be sold?
I'm pretty sure when Henry score a winning goals or presents moment of genius, the same people will said Henry is true genius/ brilliant / god whatsoever...

DBmagik10

arsenal.com has posted head to head of wenger vs ferglison and guess what we nudged ahead with the win yesterday. can anyone tell me what is the overall head to head of us and manure? would like to know that count?

Rodelero

MsianGonners (Erwan) said:
Guys:
Henry just having bad game for the first 3 games and all of you suggested Henry to be sold?
I'm pretty sure when Henry score a winning goals or presents moment of genius, the same people will said Henry is true genius/ brilliant / god whatsoever...

Precisely.

Its really pathetic how people will take one performance; which wasn't even THAT great; and blow it absurdly out of proportion, and start making wild claims.

Number8

If anyone wants a clip of Gallas screaming his head off at the end, PM me I'll email it to you. Its approx 5MB.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
A bit off topic..

Did anyone managed to find a picture when ****ing C.Ronaldo hit Mad Jens in the face yesterday??

sabret00the

Established Member
:lol: @ the anti-henry bandwagon getting full up so quickly.

Come on guys, the team just lacks balance, we have a lot of youngsters who would listen to any elder in the squad, it just so happens that Henry is more outspoken than your average. As the team matures they'll learn to do their own thing. At this point wishing that Henry was sold is the summer is more pointless than a circle. What we need to hope for is that his reintegration to the team doesn't spell the end of our best football this season, in fact we should hope it marks the starts of the beginning.

Wishing to sell any player (Henry, van Persie, Adebayor) at this state in the season is just stupid. Arsenal will find the best combination for herself and will reign for that fact, stay patient.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Gurgen said:
ManU are ahead by ~10 more wins I believe.

Emmanuel Adebayor's dramatic 86th-minute winner on Sunday gave Arsène Wenger his fourth victory over Manchester United at Old Trafford since joining Arsenal in September 1996.

Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson have locked horns on 32 occasions since the Frenchman arrived in North London, but who has had the upper hand during that time?

It is very close, but Adebayor's outstretched leg not only gave us all three points on Sunday but also tipped the balance in the head-to-head statistics.

Wenger has been on the winning side 13 times against the Red Devils with Ferguson coming out on top on 12 occasions.

These numbers include the 2005 FA Cup Final and 2003 Community Shield penalty shoot-outs. There have been seven draws.

Wenger v Ferguson - At a glance P W D L F A
32 13 7 12 39 36
Wenger v Ferguson - A complete record Date Competition H/A/N Opposition W/D/L F A
17-09-2006 Premiership A Manchester United W 1 0
09-04-2006 Premiership A Manchester United L 0 2
03-01-2006 Premiership H Manchester United D 0 0
21-05-2005 F.A. Cup Final N Manchester United * W 0 0
01-02-2005 Premiership H Manchester United L 2 4
01-12-2004 League Cup A Manchester United L 0 1
24-10-2004 Premiership A Manchester United L 0 2
08-08-2004 Community Shield N Manchester United W 3 1
03-04-2004 F.A. Cup Semi-Final N Manchester United L 0 1
28-03-2004 Premiership H Manchester United D 1 1
21-09-2003 Premiership A Manchester United D 0 0
10-08-2003 Community Shield N Manchester United ** L 1 1
16-04-2003 Premiership H Manchester United D 2 2
15-02-2003 F.A. Cup A Manchester United W 2 0
07-12-2002 Premiership A Manchester United L 0 2
08-05-2002 Premiership A Manchester United W 1 0
25-11-2001 Premiership H Manchester United W 3 1
05-11-2001 League Cup H Manchester United W 4 0
25-02-2001 Premiership A Manchester United L 1 6
01-10-2000 Premiership H Manchester United W 1 0
24-01-2000 Premiership A Manchester United D 1 1
22-08-1999 Premiership H Manchester United L 1 2
01-08-1999 Community Shield H Manchester United W 2 1
14-04-1999 F.A. Cup Semi-Final Replay N Manchester United L 1 2
11-04-1999 F.A. Cup Semi-Final N Manchester United D 0 0
17-02-1999 Premiership A Manchester United D 1 1
20-09-1998 Premiership H Manchester United W 3 0
09-08-1998 Community Shield N Manchester United W 3 0
14-03-1998 Premiership A Manchester United W 1 0
09-11-1997 Premiership H Manchester United W 3 2
19-02-1997 Premiership H Manchester United L 1 2
16-11-1996 Premiership A Manchester United L 0 1

* = Arsenal won 5-4 on penalties.
** = Manchester United won 4-3 on penalties.

i cant believe this. Arsène actually edged fergie?

Rohit

Established Member
sabret00the said:

Come on guys, the team just lacks balance, we have a lot of youngsters who would listen to any elder in the squad, it just so happens that Henry is more outspoken than your average. As the team matures they'll learn to do their own thing. At this point wishing that Henry was sold is the summer is more pointless than a circle. What we need to hope for is that his reintegration to the team doesn't spell the end of our best football this season, in fact we should hope it marks the starts of the beginning.

Wishing to sell any player (Henry, van Persie, Adebayor) at this state in the season is just stupid. Arsenal will find the best combination for herself and will reign for that fact, stay patient.

:shock: Did you vow to stop drinking if we beat Man Utd ? :wink:

Trick

LOL yer lets drop Henry. How can someone be so stupid to even think that. Unbelievable so-called arsenal fans on here.

fredthered

Anyone seen the Game supplement in the times today?
Surely a mistake but they only rate Fabregas as a 5 - absolutely scandalous.
Ratings dont mean anything but even so.....

gunnerturk

sabret00the said:

sell him! not a good idea and it is not what he says, he has got every right to do so he is a captain of the team.The problem is he does not need the media to pass his message accross his team. Don't want another Vieira scenario, still remember all the pain and aggro.

DBmagik10

did you guys see it this way? chelscum play 4-5-1 day in, day out and look like piss with all dat billion rouble players. mourinho and **** fans must be puking blood in their breakfast bowls this mornin with the way gunners ripped manure(WITH OUR YOUNSTERS) :lol: :D
ah magic,magic is in the air again.
OH TO BE A GOONER...........
OH YEAH

Top Bottom