• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

Mulberry21

bojed said:
i went to class and told my chavski friend we deserved that victory big time and he gave me a disgusted face as a reply...

i think winning 1-0 at stainfork fridge against a clueless liverpool is much more meaningful than winning 1-0 against a hot on form manure at sold trafford eh?

they must be feeling f*cking bitter at us haha :lol: :twisted: :lol:

This made me think of something: compare Moaninho's reaction when Chavski scored (it was practically an eyeroll, saying "why am I even here, why do we bother playing, just give me the 3 points and I'll get going"), and Arsène's reaction when Ade scored (pure bliss, bouncing like a little boy. Put a huge smile on my face. Well, it would have if I wasn't already grinning after the goal :D ).

I think that says a lot about the philosophy of Wenger v. the philosophy of The Special One ("big clubs don't win ugly" v. "victory above all"). Which is why the Chavski-Liverpool game was so boring, whereas the ManUtd-Arsenal game was the epitome of a great match (you've gotta credit ManUtd. too, of course). On the pitch, we have dignity. We feel the need to play "attractive football", because otherwise victory won't mean as much. We don't want to become a team that wins while putting everyone to sleep. Classless Chavski is the exact opposite. It's "we're winning, so everyone shut up and let us go on with our job". I firmly believe that Moaninho, the Chavski players and the fans have lost the ability to actually enjoy both victory and football itself.

Looking at Willy Gallas celebrating at Old Trafford, I think that's true.

I just got to see the game today and man I gotta admit it was beautiful.

The midfield:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Gilberto ::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::: Fabregas :::::::::: Rosicky ::::::::::::::::

Splendid. I must say Rosivky was player of the match in the first half, totally incredible. Fab is a magician and gilberto always handling all the dirty work.

Hleb did really well too, I was actually surprised by him. Ljunberg had a great game, too.

Ade was good all throughout the game, still he had like two chances wasted, chances Henry would'va used to score. Deffensively we were a 4-5-1 and attacking we had a 4-3-3. I think with the players we have it should be our natural formation.

I was really pleased.

Mulberry21

olewv0.jpg

screammunchkn5.jpg

GoodOldArsenal

What a great match! The sound of gooners outsinging the man un-united fans, a great goal, Gallas celebration after we won, saf admitting we were better than his side...

Not a bad way to start the week.

Sol man

mountcharles gooner said:
would love to see the gallas clip please. isnt it amazin what a good football result can do to a person. its a wonderful world and everthing is good again. you can get up for work with a spring in your step and you have a gleam in your eyes as you face your workmates with confidence for another week. oh man it changes so much...
Here you go

Rodelero

FoetusWalcott said:
Well f**k him then!!!!!
He wasn't complaining when we reached the CL final!!!!

Mmm, i'm sure its more like the fact we have 3 players all who want the spot :l

A rotation of 3 players in one spot is very silly for 3 players of their calibre.

hujja

Established Member
GoodOldArsenal said:
What a great match! The sound of gooners outsinging the man un-united fans, a great goal, Gallas celebration after we won, saf admitting we were better than his side...

Not a bad way to start the week.

NOOO!!

You took the Ole Gunner screaming picture for your avatar. I was going to do that.

Damn!

the dawn raids

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
I thought Hleb did his job very well, like he usually does in a 4-5-1, his link up play with Eboue was brilliant once again, and he stayed wide most of the time and gave us width, he did roan around sometimes, but did it effectively, I thought he had a much better game than the subdued Freddie, he also created a few good chances, especially for Rosicky just outside the area, and Cesc too, which was unfortunately blocked by Ade.

agreed. his through ball for Adebayor for the penalty was fantastic; very reminiscient of his ball for Henry against Juve at Highbury last year. again, much like the Boro game, i dont understand why you sub him off when hes consistently one of our most creative outlets and setting up so many chances. it wasnt like Ljungberg was putting in a performance worthy of staying on the pitch over him.

junialum

Ljungberg is a battler but he is losing his shine. I will always count him as one of the most loyal most devoted Gunner that I know. Always does his 120% even when unfit. Something that Henry should learn from. But yes, he is losing his shine.

Cesc gets subbed because he is young. Many forget he is only 19 years old and that means he is still not a many and may not be able to weather many many games. But that boy is physically picking up. This is the same reason why Walcott was not brought on. Protection from the brutal and crazed Neville that did Reyes in.

Adebayor seems to function better than Henry in the lone upfront role. It could be down to physical prowess. He is by far our most physical striker maybe second to Baptista but I have not seen Baptista play as a striker for Arsenal. Henry (CL), RVP (a few times) and Bergkamp (in the FA Cup Final) are not made to play upfront a lone. They need partners, Adebayor remains our best option to play alone upfront because he is tireless. Works very hard and does not despair if he lacks support. Not a top notch striker but someone with a lot of effort. That's important.

Great win over Manure. Have been smiling ever since the 85th minute.

Jasper

0,,2006430457,00.jpg

Probably the wrong angle, but the best I could find...

That was a full power shot from barely six yards away at the most!

Jen is a warrior, he took one for the team.

Eboue owes Lens this one for his mistake.

Nutsy

Established Member
Webdesignlab said:
There are a few clips on U-toob (work that out for yourselves) now, just search for Manchester United v Arsenal 17 september.

Is this the pic everyone wanted to see?

shock.jpg

:lol:
They look like overstressed monkey looking back in in the mirror losing their bananas'

:lol:

DC Gunner

Established Member
mountcharles gooner said:
would love to see the gallas clip please. isnt it amazin what a good football result can do to a person. its a wonderful world and everthing is good again. you can get up for work with a spring in your step and you have a gleam in your eyes as you face your workmates with confidence for another week. oh man it changes so much...
Just go to youtube and use keywords "Gallas celebrating celebration", you will find it.

Nutsy

Established Member
Jasper said:
0,,2006430457,00.jpg

Probably the wrong angle, but the best I could find...

That was a full power shot from barely six yards away at the most!

Jen is a warrior, he took one for the team.

Eboue owes Lens this one for his mistake.

and again, Jens is the hero of one the most important game, Glad the goalie hasn't lose his shine, cz we're gnna beat it up to the blues! we'll show those snot nosed lil bastards what we're made of. n shove it in Cashley Coles! :lol:

Rohit

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
Legend#1 said:
I thought Hleb did his job very well, like he usually does in a 4-5-1, his link up play with Eboue was brilliant once again, and he stayed wide most of the time and gave us width, he did roan around sometimes, but did it effectively, I thought he had a much better game than the subdued Freddie, he also created a few good chances, especially for Rosicky just outside the area, and Cesc too, which was unfortunately blocked by Ade.

agreed. his through ball for Adebayor for the penalty was fantastic; very reminiscient of his ball for Henry against Juve at Highbury last year. again, much like the Boro game, i dont understand why you sub him off when hes consistently one of our most creative outlets and setting up so many chances. it wasnt like Ljungberg was putting in a performance worthy of staying on the pitch over him.

He did look knackered though my friend.He had worked extremely hard up until that point and has played every game so far this season,preseason and competitive.He is criticised so much on this forum but is such an important asset to our team.

Latest posts

Top Bottom