• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

awooga83

Established Member
This is going to be a real acid test for where we are at this moment. For a long time now even when we were dominant we couldn't beat United they knew how to stop us when we went unbeaten and it hasn't been great since.

We need to be on top of our game and focused throughout the match.

As others have mentioned quite often at old ratford we have a good opening spell of 15 mins and then gradually get pegged back concede and it goes to pot. Surely we will have learn't from this. We know how united will play us, they will do all they can to frustrate us in the opening minutes and then they often pick us off.

choi12911

A draw would be a fantastic result.

I still can't see us scoring and even if we do, I can't see us holding onto that lead. And If we concede a goal, we'll probably struggle to come back.

LeBoss

However, u pronounce his name, it's pretty clear Rosicky is gonna become a big player for us. He followed a fine cameo on the weekend with another stand-out peformance today. Wenger says he expects his form to continue to rise as he gains more and more strength, and I can't wait to see it. Of all the recent recruits, I think Rosicky is the most likely to go onto big things for us, becuz our system seems to suit his natural playing style. Without a doubt he must start on Sunday.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
I'd take 2-2 right now it'll be a cracking match.
I feel both teams have vulnerable backlines, Adebayor or Baptista must start upfront with Henry and Cesc needs a rest but must be on the bench if needed. Seriously though until we get Clichy back next month we are always going to be vulnerable even though Gallas is reliable at left back he is more solid at Centre back, losing Toure this weekend would be a huge blow.

el jefe

choi12911 said:
I still can't see us scoring and even if we do, I can't see us holding onto that lead. And If we concede a goal, we'll probably struggle to come back.
Not sure whether to laugh or cry at this comment. Perfectly sums up how I feel about this one though.

tgr

i think Arsène are normally very cautious about injures. he may not rush toure back. that is a big concern.

4-5-1 makes us look good against strong sides. i hope we can play 5 mids with freddie back, playing right instead of hleb, along with rosicky,bap and cesc.

if henry is back, he plays as lone striker, and v.persie as a right winger. otherwise, v.persie as a lone striker.

and we have adebayor,hleb,walcott or persie on the bench to change the game.

4-5-1 may bring us a good result. but if we play 4-4-2 with henry and v.persie, we will suffer a lot. manure is our biggest rival in recent years.

Burnwinter

Established Member
It's more our team than our players with a form issue. On paper we have more ability than this United side. They have key absences through injury and, well, absence. No Giggs, no RVN gives me some confidence. I think we can win it.

I do think the attitude "this match is going to be physical, we need Baptista" misses the point a bit. Carrick, Scholes and Ronaldo aren't exactly monsters. We just need to be organised, convert our chances and get a fraction of luck.

DOUBLE-YOU

I am not expecting too much from Sundays game. we haven't scored at old trafforrd for 4 seasons. Manure are in good form and Rooney always seems to score against Arsenal. I hope Freddie plays. i think this game is a game for the battlers. I'd actually like to see Walcott come on in this game. Manure wont expect his directness and pace. they are used to our methodical play.

My line-up would be

Lehman
Eboue
Toure (if fit)
Djourou
Gallas
Ljungberg
Gilberto
Cesc
Rosiscky
Henry
Adebayor

come sunday evening i would hate for us to have lost 2 of our opening 4 games....but hey, both liverpool and chelsea are in the same position

Last season at Old Trafford their goals coming from the right side - which is from our left side - which is where exactly Flamini sits! Did anyone notice that?

A tough match...i'll take a draw out of this one. But if we are in a finishing mood on sunday then 2-0 to the arsenal. Maybe play with some width? so we don't get jammed down the middle like every match so far this season...

zerofeel

Hmmm...gotta be positive lads...a draw would be good for us really.

Manure is on top form at the moment and its always hard to beat them let alone nick a win..

God help us on this one and as long as our team plays as a TEAM,we will get that draw.Come on lads!

MUTERI

Massive game, but with our form and theirs and with the recent history of our visits to OT, I can't expect a win here.

It's probably another 2-0 United win, but hopefully it'll be a different outcome that turns our domestic season.

ashwin_eats

I think if we play a 4-5-1 formation , we could maybe just maybe nick the game with the presence of baptista in the middle.

The 4-5-1 also helps cesc a lot as he is able to roam and have someone cover for defensive duties for him.

We should start like this

Jens

Eboue toure gallas flamini

jlunberg/hleb/rvp Gilberto cesc Rosicky

Baptista

Henry

I think if we start with this formation then we could have a chance or else i dont see us winnig.

sobi_gonner

I saw Utd against Spuds & Celtic both I tell you what they were not too impressive but were fortunate enough to won both games. Last night Rosicky goal should encouraged us that we can score from the field if we try. I will surely want us to play 5 at midfield & TH upfront but he must play good but like you all I am not sure about defense even if we have Toure or not.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom