• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

Ratinho

Established Member
Hoyte is awful going forward, not good positionally, and was at fault for the goal last nigth.

Apart from that, he was fine.

IBL

Established Member
eddie_wills said:
I'm not a Hoyte basher, but he was at fault for the Hamburg goal because he wasn't tucked in enough and left space for two men between him and the left centre half.
Although he was guilty of that I feel the goal was more the fault of Gallas as he was the one keeping the Hamburg player onside when the pass was made, all the other defenders (Hoyte, Djourou and Eboue) were in line hence Gallas trying to get back onto the goal line in an attempt to block the goal.

It was not one of Hoyte's worst performances (thats the best praise I can offer him) but he still looks shaky LB for me. One-on-one he actually did quite well, but positionally he's still suspect and too often than not a long passing move by Arsenal ends when he gets the ball. His better games for Arsenal have definitely come at RB, maybe at best he can remain with us as cover for Eboue/Lauren

eddie_wills

Although he was guilty of that I feel the goal was more the fault of Gallas as he was the one keeping the Hamburg player onside when the pass was made, all the other defenders (Hoyte, Djourou and Eboue) were in line hence Gallas trying to get back onto the goal line in an attempt to block the goal.

I see what you mean but if Hoyte either forces Jarolim to run on the outside or tracks his run having let him go, the Gallas thing isn't really an issue.

i can easily see united getting quite a few cards in this game. if we keep possession, theyll get frustrated, make mistakes. if we keep our cool, and look confident on the pitch theyll get angry at us, then when they hold back on tackles and attack us more, we bring on walcott and henry and put 3 in the net.

at least this is what would happen if everything went the way you wanted it. im happy as long as we play well, and dont get humiliated.

what about baptista at LB? hes a big guy, he can handle it! :lol:

alexei.romanov said:
You have been invited to join http://www.redrepublik.net/forum/index.php - a United site, with a few Gooners too. So, don't hesitate to join the banter ahead of the big game.

had a look, its full of racists, homophobes and worse...northerners! :lol:

at least on here people show at least a little respect when posting about other teams (other than Sp**s that is, and rightly so).

PS. kidding bout the northerners thing. if only david seaman could live forever...

jay-d

Established Member
qs said:
I'd prefer Flamini too but it looks like he wont play there anymore. To suggest Freddie makes no sense at all though.

Hoyte had a very good game last night. If you're so f****g blinkered that you cant even admit that the lad had a good game I really cant be bothered.

Relax, I thought he was crap.

Clarkey

A site where practically every post I have just read has been slating any Arsenal player under the sun, lovely.

zievad

Strangely enough, I had a look at this website. Basically, a load of manc tw@ts moaning about v Persie, Reyes, etc diving. Do you think these guys have ever noticed that the worst cheaters / filthiest players in the WORLD play/ed for them ala ronaldo, rooney, keane, etc. Makes me laugh. :shock: :D

eye4goal

Established Member
defensively United look shaky and they will not dominate us with Scholes and Carrick who was v poor against Celtic. I dono why our game has been slow so far. United will force us to play with a higher tempo. Baptista should start. United's biggest weakness is in the air

zievad, YOu have been okayed.

Football, lads. We hate Liverpool a lot, more. As we do City. It's football, it's all a part and parcel of the banter. Wouldn't it be boring if we're all nice about each others clubs all the time? Of course it would. I love the banter between our clubs. It's great.

Still think you're Southern softies though.

cesc18

any update about kolo s injury
other than henry starting and maybe hoyte for kolo
i dont see too many changes from last night
inlcuding hleb and rosicky hope they both start
unless Arsène decides to play hleb freddie and bring in rosicky and theo late on

still think manure are favourites but i can see us putting up a good performance maybe a draw is likely

cesc18

lazyfreak said:
If Wenger still keeps Gallas at LB then what about Eboue moving to CB and Hoyte at RB instead.
why would you move eboue to play at cb ???
if kolo s injured i think gallas and djourou will play in defence
with hoyte at lb unless Arsène plays flamini which seems unlikely

IBL

Established Member
lazyfreak said:
If Wenger still keeps Gallas at LB then what about Eboue moving to CB and Hoyte at RB instead.
You really live up to your name with that suggestion :)

Jameel46

Established Member
alexei.romanov said:
zievad, YOu have been okayed.

Football, lads. We hate Liverpool a lot, more. As we do City. It's football, it's all a part and parcel of the banter. Wouldn't it be boring if we're all nice about each others clubs all the time? Of course it would. I love the banter between our clubs. It's great.

Still think you're Southern softies though.

we just have minds that can see the situation better. :D

lazyfreak

cesc18 said:
lazyfreak said:
why would you move eboue to play at cb ???
if kolo s injured i think gallas and djourou will play in defence
with hoyte at lb unless Arsène plays flamini which seems unlikely
So Hoyte can play RB instead of LB and like you said, its also unlikely that Flamini will play LB so the only option at LB is Gallas.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom