• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Manchester United vs Arsenal | December 5, 2018 | BT Sport | 20:00 GMT

Match prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I wouldn't be too quick to write of Mkhi just yet, i liked what i've been seeing from him lately. Like someone else said, always trying to create, think it will come very good soon. Still agree we need a propa winger though, especially with Welbz heading out the door. My guess would be that we bid for someone like Pepe in january (Nicolas, that is).

Overall a ****ty game. **** quality, **** refereeing, ****ty players and a fair result.

Gursha

Chelsea play City at home on Saturday. There is a very very good chance of them dropping points. We beat Huddersfield we could be back into the Top 4.

Im that pleased about our team that i think we'll get top four for sure, so i might slightly want chelsea to win so city wont be unbeaten, with the title off and top 4 secured ( in my mind that is) i really dont want to lose that record we got

ThlRama

Player:Saka
If we had Xhaka and Özil starting we would’ve won that comfortably. There was so much space in the middle at times- the likes of Xhaka and Özil can be deadly in those instances.

Well, what you're saying is correct, but I want to add once more: The way to go wasn't with three at the back. I don't tend to act as if I know more than managers, but in this game it seems quite obvious to me for some reason. First of all three at the back is what Mourinho was prepared for, second you'll never create overloads on the flank against his teams, third you don't get free cutbacks either as his midfielders track back like crazy.

We should've gone with playing through the middle which has been United's obvious weakness throughout the seasons. 4-3-2-1 would've been golden and they don't have the players or coaching required to overrun the midfield like Sp**s could to us if we played into that.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Everything that could have happened to stop us winning the game did happen:

• Poor refereeing (dive for free kick/offside goal, red card denied for Rojo, bottling the second yellow for Matic when he wiped out Torreira by not giving a foul)
  • Poor Arsenal performance. Really lacking in belief and quality. Mental attitude was bad.
  • 2 injuries by half time.
  • Auba/Mkhi both not scoring from 5 yards.
  • Two utterly embarrassing lapses of concentration in defence.
Don't get me wrong, United (for their standards) were decent. And we (for our standards) were bad. But on the balance, still should have won and if we had played to our normal, would have won very comfortably.

I still foresee Mourinho getting sacked after the Liverpool game if not before because they are terrible. Real shame we didn't win tonight. 2 huge and easy points dropped.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
It was a ****show, first of all.

Positives:
Auba had a couple strikes that if De Gea wasn't keeping would have found the back of the net.

Laca had me me burst out in laughter twice. The first was when he scored (droit divine) and Bailly full-body tripped on his head. The second was when he took the ball out of De Gea's hands with his head, and scored, and in all seriousness tried to celebrate.

Negatives:
Martial scored on his birthday, and mine.

3 injuries. I literally had a bad feeling Holding would get injured prior to the start of the match. I hope he's okay.

Kolasinac is complete garbage. I still don't like Mustafi. Liechtsteiner sucks. Bellerin ain't good either. Wtf was Iwobi even doing today? /rant
Hope you had a shocking birthday.

Monreal Koscielny, AMN could all be used. Xhaka back from suspension. It's not as bad as it could have been. Shame about Holding though. He had really hit form.

Meh we had close to zero energy to get something out of this game in the last 5-10 minutes. Seo was barely running back at that stage and Auba was also done I saw.

But we did work hard on Sunday and we did work hard tonight. So there is explanation.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

It's very frustrating when you see Kolasinac being so limited on his left leg. There were instances when he had so much space to shoot with or cross with his right leg. It reminds me of so many limited left-footers down the years: Gibbs, Wilshere, Perez.

Monreal has same traits, you never see them use their right side one but.

****, we should've won this match against those disgusting tactics.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thought both Mustafi and Torreira were going off injured at one point.

They banged us up good and proper. Which was probably the miserable one’s tactics. Only 13 fouls recorded shows how poor Mariner was.

Yep. Had that been at the Emirates, they’d have gone walkies. Fellaini cutting his afro then yanking someone else’s summed up that game.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I have to give Sokratis credit. I would say he was our man of the match tonight. He’s outperformed all of those doubters that said he’s past it etc.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Back to 5th tonight but we’re still within striking distance of 3rd/4th.

Worried about the intensity of the last two games with injuries piling up and the heavy Xmas schedule looming fast.

Kos may yet be needed and the sooner Özil returns the better. Back problems can be tricky though.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
All 4 goals from both sides where mistakes. We had by far the most clear cut chances. Should've won.

When Holding went off and Mustafi came to the Central CB position, boy was he terrible. He's rightly called Chaos. Three times he shouted that the ball was his even though the other player was in a better position. Creating confusion and making our defence more nervy.

Can't wait for Kos to be back.

Important thing is our run keeps going we definitely need to blow our budget on a WC centre back. look at VVD, been carrying Liverpools defence.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Well, what you're saying is correct, but I want to add once more: The way to go wasn't with three at the back. I don't tend to act as if I know more than managers, but in this game it seems quite obvious to me for some reason. First of all three at the back is what Mourinho was prepared for, second you'll never create overloads on the flank against his teams, third you don't get free cutbacks either as his midfielders track back like crazy.

We should've gone with playing through the middle which has been United's obvious weakness throughout the seasons. 4-3-2-1 would've been golden and they don't have the players or coaching required to overrun the midfield like Sp**s could to us if we played into that.

We did create overload thou

Kola was up there all the time got corners and a few passes /crosses in

3 at the back is good for our pressing game

And when we spread out when we have the ball it is good for our build-ups

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Our players were dropping like flies, we played as if the ball was covered in butter and we endeavoured to do something stupid as soon as we took the lead. If it had been a half-normal game we’d have ran away with it.

Tough to swallow, I agree with you and feel the same, but in a grand scheme of things it's good result.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Don't know how much truth is in here with the rules for ball in hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom