• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Manchester United vs Arsenal | December 5, 2018 | BT Sport | 20:00 GMT

Match prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed7

Once again, our defence really shows that it still needs a lot of work.

I wish we could get Koulibaly but the most likely team to get him are Chelsea. Feels so good to not have to say anything about midfield... Absolutely sorted ATM.

Leno Il have patience for until he is recognised as world class. Kolasinac needs to wake up in attack, his greatest attribute is being a good attacking fullback, not the best defender but was amazing going forward. Needs to be more decisive in attack.

We aren't looking for any January transfers right? I think Emery wants to establish a template first before making new signings. We might have a busy summer or Emery will make my wishlist of Koulibaly.

It would be a dream to have Koulibaly but no way will Napoli sell their best defender/player in the team. He is a beast.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Also, we are 8 points behind Liverpool now. Should never happen. We need to start closing the gap with those clowns.
Liverpool are at least 2-3 years ahead of us in terms of their squad development. ffs they just spent 140million on a CB and GK. Despite any perceived struggles upfront they've still got insane quality in that area that's more than good enough to win them games even if they aren't scoring 5 or 6 every game. And they've become brilliant defensively. We're within 3 games of them, I think that's more or less about right. 2-3 games is how much I feel we're behind them in terms of quality.

Gunner140

Before the match, I would take a draw. That's why I am not disappointed with a point. I thought that United was lucky with the goals and we could have easily won this match.

Shame that we conceded both goals due to defensive mistakes, but we are still 20 matches unbeaten and getting a point at Old Trafford is never that bad.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Nonsense. Xhaka is one of the players who struggles the most under pressure. Man U played with an absurd intensity today.
Usually, I’d agree with this, but under Emery, with Torreira partnering him, he’s been much better and they have built a good understanding. He had solid performances against Pool and Sp**s, whereas in years past he would have been a liability. Apart from the blunder vs Wolves, he’s been slowly building my trust in him, compared to the summer where I wanted him gone.

arsmile

Established Member
i think we did miss xhaka today

he or Özil in the team who are playing that negatively would have given a bit more cuteness in our passing,

that said- we played fine enough mostly...but the unprofessional lapses after both goals we scored is not new arsenal...that's old arsenal

we did look tired...not to mention the injuries!

HBL

Established Member
If we could only sign one player in January it has to be a cb. Not even sure I want a Sven gem, I just want someone that is ready to play first team football. 20 goals conceded in 15 games, with only two clean sheets isn't a great record.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Our challenge is to come to teams like United, I think today our response was positive.

We are getting better competitively. Usually United create a lot of chances here, they didn’t tonight.

Laurent is very close to playing.

He played two matches for the U23s, the last on Tuesday, we are thinking he will start with us soon.

I don’t know if Saturday is a possibility. We are thinking the Europa League against Qarabag is a possibility.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He was no where to be seen defensively in the second half, he played very well the previous two games though.
Think he was absolutely gassed. Which is why you play 3 at the back so you can help out your wingbacks defensively. He was I think nursing a little injury as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom