• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Manchester United vs Arsenal | December 5, 2018 | BT Sport | 20:00 GMT

Match prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
Think he was absolutely gassed. Which is why you play 3 at the back so you can help out your wingbacks defensively. He was I think nursing a little injury as well.
Maybe but it still left us a bit exposed. Anyway he seems a lot sharper than he did at any point last season; which is a plus.

HBL

Established Member
I hope we revert to a four at the back against Huddersfield, regardless of wether Nacho is fit or not. Hopefully Özil comes back in, wouldn't rotate for this game because they will get 8 days off before the game against Southampton.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Sokratis had a part in the goal for the 2:2 too.
Should have won the header against Lukaku, you have to win the ball there.

Not forget how many good games Monreal played as LCB. We need him fit very fast now.

I don't know why people are blaming Mustafi. Only because it's Mustafi? He had no fault for both goals and besides that i can't remember a real chance for United (some long shots).
We had no problems defensively against them, small mistakes always happen.

Will be interesting if Emery still wants to play with three at the back or with Monreal as LB.

Manberg

Predator
Can we talk about the incompetency of referees?
Manutd's first goal was offside and they were offside on two other occasions but the linesman failed to flag. Rojo should have been sent off. Fellaini should have been sent off too.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I hope we revert to a four at the back against Huddersfield, regardless of wether Nacho is fit or not. Hopefully Özil comes back in, wouldn't rotate for this game because they will get 8 days off before the game against Southampton.
Agreed. We cannot risk playing 3 CBs at a time when we only have 3 CBs left and one of them is coming back from an 8 month lay off.

Manberg

Predator

Yes but they'll have no legs for Huddersfield. We have to rotate some otherwise I'd expect a tired and laboured performance.

HBL

Established Member
Yes but they'll have no legs for Huddersfield. We have to rotate some otherwise I'd expect a tired and laboured performance.
Huddersfield are sh*te. Xhaka won't have played in nearly a week. None of Laca, Mkhi, Iwobi and Ramsey have completed more than 60 minutes in either game, only worries would be Kolasinac and Auba but I'm sure Auba will be fine.

Manberg

Predator
Huddersfield are sh*te. Xhaka won't have played in nearly a week. None of Laca, Mkhi, Iwobi and Ramsey have completed more than 60 minutes in either game, only worries would be Kolasinac and Auba but I'm sure Auba will be fine.

It's a premier league game and to play 3 games in 6 days will be a serious toll on our players. Torreira and Auba looked completely knackered. I don't think we can risk injury to players like that.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
The CL Teams are playing three games every week with nearly their best squad.

Now we have one important week with three PL games and we're not ready without rotation? We have one of the fittest squads this season.

HBL

Established Member
It's a premier league game and to play 3 games in 6 days will be a serious toll on our players. Torreira and Auba looked completely knackered. I don't think we can risk injury to players like that.
I disagree, champions league clubs have to do it every other week. Auba will be fine, Torreira you could be right but I'd probably still start him.

Manberg

Predator
I disagree, champions league clubs have to do it every other week. Auba will be fine, Torreira you could be right but I'd probably still start him.

Champions league clubs should be rotating. I'm not saying we should rotate the whole team, but Xhaka and Lacazette for Torreira and Auba would give them a rest whilst still being a very strong first team.

avalonhse

Too much negativity from the fans.

While saying our mentality is bad, let me remind you that we just have a high intensity and pressing game 3 days ago. That is the reason why Mourinho wanted a physical game.

Leaving OTF with 1 point is good enough for this match fixture. How can we expect Arsenal played in the same level with the Tot match?

I think most are disappointed because we can not end Mou time in OTF. Well, he had done us a favor for making a chaos in MU, let him continue his good work.

African Flair

This is a first, not that I'm working late and have to watch the game on demand but being super disappointed after a draw at Old Trafford.

Arsenal are a better team, plain and simple. This is a game our boys would go home with all the points 7 of 10. Some brilliant chances were missed, with a bit of luck and normality Auba has a brace here, Mhiki isn't one who misses and open net from two meters but I guess he is cursed at this stadium. And of course we can't continue to have offside goals allowed against every ****ing game.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Il take 7 from 9 over the last 3 games. The good thing is we are still progressing, if it wasnt for the injuries and poor finishing aswell as the sloppy defending for their 2nd, we would have won. Need a player or 2 in Jan.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Can we talk about the incompetency of referees?
Manutd's first goal was offside and they were offside on two other occasions but the linesman failed to flag. Rojo should have been sent off. Fellaini should have been sent off too.

Matic also should have been sent off - caught Lucas in the chest with a high foot whilst on a yellow. Ref bottled that one too.

Edit for side point: I'm gutted about tonight by the way because they were there for the taking and I think just about every circumstance came together to help them avoid defeat. Regardless, all this talk of 20 unbeaten is very positive for the club. I can't stress enough how important I believe the aura that surrounds a club is. If teams see we aren't easily beaten, particularly the smaller clubs, they will be less ashamed of losing to us and will roll over to us more habitually.

This happened to United for years and they picked up easy points as a result.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
All I can say after finally watching that:
I feel like we’re fortunate to get a point even though we probably should’ve won. WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom