• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Manchester United vs Arsenal | December 5, 2018 | BT Sport | 20:00 GMT

Match prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Good-Advice

It's an old cliche but I really believe that this was that kind of match that we would have lost in the past thanks to some lump's header around 90th minute. I was rather confident before the match but football isn't always about quality, heart and mental preparation are important as well. As much as I hate Manure they were quite solid despite fielding so many average players.

Weather and traditionally ****ty pitch suited their physical approach very well, Marriner was Marriner, crowd gave them a huge lift and I would certainly be happy with this point but only if there were no injuries... Our performance was rather scrappy, but we held our own physically and weren't bullied despite all the effort from the referee.

On the side note, I've probably never seen a match where four goals were that bad. I mean every one of them was ridiculously stupid to concede.

20 matches unbeaten, I can take this. I would never expect such quick turnaround after disastrous last season. Onwards and upwards!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Sure but these are the kinds of games that you've got to win if you really want to go places. These are the kinds of games that truly prove you've turned a corner. That 2nd goal conceded should have had a laugh track. I can't be happy with that, mitigating circumstances or not.
The result didn't quite go our way yes, and we simply need some better defenders because Emery can only do so much with coaching. But you cannot deny the progress we've made though. We dominated them with a 22 year old and a 19 year old in the middle of the park, despite getting the sh*t kicked out of us, 3 days after playing a NLD. How many times have Arsenal cowered and meekly surrendered games like these away from home in the past? Physically we are in so much better shape now, I mean the difference is night and day. I really think we're on the right track and Emery is the perfect coach we've been desperately crying out for.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People keep saying if we hadn’t made stupid mistakes at the back, we would have won. Been reading that on here for years.

Emery looks to be an exceptional manager but he’ll need time to fix this, if indeed he can.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea, the team everyone on here seems to love, needed a 95th minute equaliser at home just to get a point against this team. United are not as bad as Mourinho would have you believe.
Agreed. And their extreme physicality means you need a quality referee to keep them in check . . and Mariner almost lost control at one point.

They’ve got some big players. Put them in a pressure cooker with Mourinho sniping at them 24/7 and it’s going to blow. Rash tackles, pulling players back, tugging hair even . . we were lucky to get away with so few injuries. Thought at one point Mustafi and Torreira were *****ed as well Holding and Ramsey.

A very good point I thought.

Plutarch

It's frustrating not to have won this game. But if our defence is going to make such ridiculous errors, we don't really deserve to win. The defence needs to stand up to anything, no excuses. I feel we've been generally a bit better in resisting pressure recently, but obviously not good enough yet.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I swear if the hair pulling on Guendouzi had happened to any other player from any other team there would be so much more fuss about it. Now everyone just laughs it off. Such a **** move by that lumberjack **** Fellaini.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

For my bluster before hand about wanting to win I'd have taken a draw if it was offered before hand. But the mistak3s and missed chances after they pulled level makes it hard to take. Throw in the injuries and i feel long term we may look back at this as two precious points dropped.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I watched the 1st half live but I had to head to work for the 2nd but just saw the highlights then, gee that was disappointing to only get the point but I'll take a point at OT. From what I saw in the 1st half, they were grubs & looked as though they went out to deliberately get a few injuries to us, Mourinho always does it to us though. We did it back to them which people will say is good & karma but I don't think we should have, it would have made them look worse. 6 Yellows in 5 minutes I think?

Seeing the 2nd half highlights, seemed like we dominated the 2nd half but just couldn't find that winner. Both times we scored we let them score straight after unfortunately which makes it just that little bit more disappointing. Their 1st goal was offside, too bad Mkhitaryan was caught offside & ashame that Lacazettes cheeky go wasn't allowed haha.

zhaggy

I swear if the hair pulling on Guendouzi had happened to any other player from any other team there would be so much more fuss about it. Now everyone just laughs it off. Such a **** move by that lumberjack **** Fellaini.

Made me furious, despicable player.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

People keep saying if we hadn’t made stupid mistakes at the back, we would have won. Been reading that on here for years.

Emery looks to be an exceptional manager but he’ll need time to fix this, if indeed he can.

We'd of won the league last year if we didn't make mistakes at the back. :lol:

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

Imagine he did that to Salah. Egypt wold declare a war.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Has anyone got a gif of the Torreira "stamp" on Matic that these cretins keep crying about?

I'm sure that, like most things they moan about, it was fairly innocuous/accidental.

They are the masters of cheating like **** and then saying "oooh well you got this free kick on the half way line that shouldn't have been so we are even."

baccy_man

Established Member
Huth got a 3 match ban for a pull on Fellaini's hair in 2016. I EXPECT TO SEE THE SAME PUNISHMENT FOR THAT W@NKER AT UNITED!
I read on sky that Fellaini is not going to get any more punishment because the ref gave it as a foul and awarded a free kick.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

The result didn't quite go our way yes, and we simply need some better defenders because Emery can only do so much with coaching. But you cannot deny the progress we've made though. We dominated them with a 22 year old and a 19 year old in the middle of the park, despite getting the sh*t kicked out of us, 3 days after playing a NLD. How many times have Arsenal cowered and meekly surrendered games like these away from home in the past? Physically we are in so much better shape now, I mean the difference is night and day. I really think we're on the right track and Emery is the perfect coach we've been desperately crying out for.
I'm not saying we haven't progressed but to throw away a golden opportunity for 3 points with a pair of joke goals conceded is still not something to be celebrated. I'm not taking anything away from what Emery and the players have achieved to this point. If anything, I'm more pissed because they have done so well and gave away 2 points that they didn't need to in spite of all that was going against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom