<

PL | Manchester United vs Arsenal | December 5, 2018 | BT Sport | 20:00 GMT

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by APierre, Dec 2, 2018.

?

Match prediction

Poll closed Dec 5, 2018.
  1. Manchester United win

9.5%
  2. Draw

25.0%
  3. Arsenal win

59.5%
  4. Great match thread

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Yeah that's completely true. Hopefully we'll give them the tw@tting they should've gotten at home last season this time around.

Batman likes this.
  2. Xanth

Xanth Active Member

United fans are still moaning about Torreira.

3. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

FA still exist purely to do Utd's bidding I see.

Batman, YeahBee, krengon and 4 others like this.
  4. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Rojo, Fellaini, Lingard should all have walked, they've got no right to complain.

Batman and YeahBee like this.
  5. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

I think RAWK were correct when they said FA stands for the Ferguson Alliance.

6. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

So according to the FA when a referee makes a mistake it is more important to double down on that mistake rather than coming to the correct decision.

Camron, Mo Britain and Batman like this.
  7. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

reactions to a few points in this thread:

-- imo we do better with a back four, but i suspect emery went with a three for consistency and for fear that united would use lukaku and fellaini to create threatening knock-downs (which ultimately cost us anyway). i think he wanted to prioritize winning the second balls, because he thought our defenders would lose aerial duels vs. those two.

-- it's clear that united were told to rough us up. similar to how we treated Sp**s tbf, but united were nastier and should have seen red. that being said, i think the guendouzi incident is a little overstated on here. shirt pulling is a tactical decision that players make (yellow card in exchange for stopping play), but guendouzi's hair is so long that you have nothing to grab onto near the shoulders and upper back. obviously it's unethical to pull someone's hair, but it's also not fair to the defender to restrict a region of the shirt.

-- i think people's expectations are a little high re: certainty of a top four finish. we have been here before on several occasions (done extremely well leading up to christmas only to collapse spectacularly in Jan-March). i trust that emery has given the players a new sense of belief and work ethic, but we are very much in a dogfight and injuries have piled up quickly as a result of putting so much physical effort into the season. we are also still extremely bad at first halves -- that trend is meaningful and cannot be ignored by an objective assessment of our situation. i think 5th is our most likely outcome this season, with 4th being a good possibility also.

8. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

It’s purely personell at this stage, imo we now have that basic defensive game plan it’s just about getting that Van Dijk kind of impact from a new signing. Guys like Mustafi are just a complete liability and Kola/Bellerin don’t help themselves some times.

9. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Holy moses, where have you been.

Don't like that news. Really disappointing as usual from the FA

10. Mark Tobias

You're pissed because they have already proven to us what they're capable of. Feel the same in a way.

Batman likes this.
  11. Mark Tobias

What?

Trilly likes this.
  12. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Cant our younger guys start a twitter campaign ?

Expose these wankers

13. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

Do you not understand the argument? Or are you being condescending? Can't tell.

14. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

This game still feels like 2 points dropped to me.

kopzilla and Batman like this.
  15. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

If the Sp**s game was played on Saturday, we would have won easily with the extra day off. We still outclassed them despite fatigue and them chopping us to pieces.

Rimaal likes this.
  16. baccy_man

baccy_man Active Member

I remember when the Neville brother hacked Jose Antonio Reyes to pieces he was never the same player after utd had finished with him so they have form for this type of play that goes back a long way.

17. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Honestly watching it again , sick of kicking . Need to be concertedly aggressive with them from now on . If we don't , we are always going to get kicked up in the air .

Rimaal likes this.
  18. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Exactly. Last year a point at OT would have felt decent in any circumstance. This felt like a team on the precipice of being special just having a needless blip against dreck. A couple of days removed now though I can better appreciate how dreadful the referee was and how filthy United were and how that played a part in the result.

19. Rouski

Rouski Active Member

Maybe but every club in the premiership regressed at some stage. Changing the manager is not always the right change to make.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    krackpot likes this.
  20. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Torreira dished out as much as he took. Absolutely love the little man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.