• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Manchester United vs Arsenal | December 5, 2018 | BT Sport | 20:00 GMT

Match prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'm not saying we haven't progressed but to throw away a golden opportunity for 3 points with a pair of joke goals conceded is still not something to be celebrated. I'm not taking anything away from what Emery and the players have achieved to this point. If anything, I'm more pissed because they have done so well and gave away 2 points that they didn't need to in spite of all that was going against them.
Yeah that's completely true. Hopefully we'll give them the tw@tting they should've gotten at home last season this time around.

Fallout

reactions to a few points in this thread:

-- imo we do better with a back four, but i suspect emery went with a three for consistency and for fear that united would use lukaku and fellaini to create threatening knock-downs (which ultimately cost us anyway). i think he wanted to prioritize winning the second balls, because he thought our defenders would lose aerial duels vs. those two.

-- it's clear that united were told to rough us up. similar to how we treated Sp**s tbf, but united were nastier and should have seen red. that being said, i think the guendouzi incident is a little overstated on here. shirt pulling is a tactical decision that players make (yellow card in exchange for stopping play), but guendouzi's hair is so long that you have nothing to grab onto near the shoulders and upper back. obviously it's unethical to pull someone's hair, but it's also not fair to the defender to restrict a region of the shirt.

-- i think people's expectations are a little high re: certainty of a top four finish. we have been here before on several occasions (done extremely well leading up to christmas only to collapse spectacularly in Jan-March). i trust that emery has given the players a new sense of belief and work ethic, but we are very much in a dogfight and injuries have piled up quickly as a result of putting so much physical effort into the season. we are also still extremely bad at first halves -- that trend is meaningful and cannot be ignored by an objective assessment of our situation. i think 5th is our most likely outcome this season, with 4th being a good possibility also.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

People keep saying if we hadn’t made stupid mistakes at the back, we would have won. Been reading that on here for years.

Emery looks to be an exceptional manager but he’ll need time to fix this, if indeed he can.
It’s purely personell at this stage, imo we now have that basic defensive game plan it’s just about getting that Van Dijk kind of impact from a new signing. Guys like Mustafi are just a complete liability and Kola/Bellerin don’t help themselves some times.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm not saying we haven't progressed but to throw away a golden opportunity for 3 points with a pair of joke goals conceded is still not something to be celebrated. I'm not taking anything away from what Emery and the players have achieved to this point. If anything, I'm more pissed because they have done so well and gave away 2 points that they didn't need to in spite of all that was going against them.
You're pissed because they have already proven to us what they're capable of. Feel the same in a way.

baccy_man

Established Member
I remember when the Neville brother hacked Jose Antonio Reyes to pieces he was never the same player after utd had finished with him so they have form for this type of play that goes back a long way.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Honestly watching it again , sick of kicking . Need to be concertedly aggressive with them from now on . If we don't , we are always going to get kicked up in the air .

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
You're pissed because they have already proven to us what they're capable of. Feel the same in a way.
Exactly. Last year a point at OT would have felt decent in any circumstance. This felt like a team on the precipice of being special just having a needless blip against dreck. A couple of days removed now though I can better appreciate how dreadful the referee was and how filthy United were and how that played a part in the result.

Rouski

There's a lot of positivity surrounding the team compared to last season, it's interesting that after 14 games last season we were in 4th on 28 points compared to this season 4th with 30 points. Not a big difference in points, there is a big difference in the level of support for the manager and the team.

True, a lot of us wanted change. It was not because Wenger was failing, it was because AFC had stagnated.

Maybe but every club in the premiership regressed at some stage. Changing the manager is not always the right change to make.

Last edited:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Honestly watching it again , sick of kicking . Need to be concertedly aggressive with them from now on . If we don't , we are always going to get kicked up in the air .
Torreira dished out as much as he took. Absolutely love the little man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom