• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | Sunday 1st November |16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who was your Man of the Match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
United have no wingers. Their full backs are poverty in attacking positions. We have to make sure we congest the Central areas and they'll look average. They're in their element when their back is against the wall. They score most of their goals against the run of play.

Avoid playing Mustafi at all cost. United will probably get a penalty. But playing Mustafi means they're guaranteed two penalties at least.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This 100%
Hardly falls on Arteta given the fact that we simply don’t have the personnel to create goals at will, but top 4 was never truly realistic let’s be honest. We’re an upper mid table team right now and that’s fact.

Through our starting 11 we have around 7 or 8 players who are worthy of being in a top 4 side. So I don't think its that unrealistic tbf.

say yes

forum master baiter
I like how we perform against big teams under Arteta but it’s Old Trafford and our attack looks awful at the moment. They’re bang in form.

0-2 United.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I like how we perform against big teams under Arteta but it’s Old Trafford and our attack looks awful at the moment. They’re bang in form.

0-2 United.
You and @Jury wouldve predicted a win here had Emery still been in charge. Be more positive mate.

Maybe our attack wouldn’t be so bad had your boy Raul not spunked 80M on bambi.

GoonerJay24

Do it Arteta

formation-30-10-2020-11-34-27.png

No cohesiveness in that team

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cebellos is trash. Back to Levante for him or something. 1 good game a year, but nobody says anything because he’s Spanish.

say yes

forum master baiter
You and @Jury wouldve predicted a win here had Emery still been in charge. Be more positive mate.

Still trying to paint me as an Arteta-sceptic because I backed him while you were on your knees for Mouinho? Lovely stuff.

You’re also talking rubbish again. Here’s me when we went to Old Trafford under Emery:

2018 away
Dreading this.

Genuinely think I’ve got PTSD from watching us at Old Trafford after the last decade of Wenger. Like how I imagine the Fritzl children feel when you try to show them your new basement extension.
2019 away
We’re better than them and I desperately want a win here but I just can’t be confident about Old Trafford.

They’ve been awful since Fergie left and we still haven’t won there in the league since 2006 ffs.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Didn't realise Bambi can score goals like he did last night. Cedric is still rubbish as well right.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Cebellos is trash. Back to Levante for him or something. 1 good game a year, but nobody says anything because he’s Spanish.

Dani just started playing well in the last month after we waited 12 months for him, what you talking about?

Cebellos plays one good game a year.

Took Dani 12 months to play a good game last season, he’s been crap this season, but no non negotiating for him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Everyone on this forum thinks Cedric is trash and a scam yet you just quote me.

Everyone yeah? Idiot.

Anyone with a brain can see he's a quality backup right back. Played in a better cross than Bellerin's ever done in his entire career last night to Nketiah.

But we won't hear that from you because he's a descendant of Kia here to take over the club through great evil.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

@Juan Matas Beard Are United like Arsenal where they start looking good and then suddenly lose games they need to win?

Asking for a friend.

Hard to say, I think Angelino the bald prick summed it up well when he said this.

As any optimistic fan, I want to believe we've turned a corner, but we've turned so many corners over the years that we've gone backwards. I like this squad and I genuinely believe we have one of the best midfields in the league, I like the academy players e.g. Greenwood, Rashford, Tuanzebe, McTominay, so I'm hopeful we can have a good season despite the poor fitness at the start.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He’s trying to get the best out of some absolute cloggers Wenger signed towards the end as well. Someone like Bellerin would have needed sea-sickness tablets after attempting to play with that lot. Imagine Xhaka trying to get involved in the play ffs :rofl: When you’re not really a footballer, you’ll be made to realise it when you’re surrounded by them.
Can't wait for Xhaka, Bellerin, Auba, and Saka to leave. You'll have nothing to post then. :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Didn't you just say something?

And pretty much up to lock down large sections of the fan base agreed.

Ceballos is one of our best midfielders. That's the line.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
------------------------Leno
--Amn------Saliba-------Gabriel---Tierney--
-----------------------Ceballos------------------------
-------------Partey----------Özil---------------------
--------Pepe---------Auba------Willian/Saka

Luiz isn't included, he's won most of what there is to win in football. Saliba has been put in for athleticism. Özil, who is one of the elite players of his generation, has been banished. I've also swapped a right back who has interested Barca, PSG and Juve for a more athletic full back in AMN.

The 2006 team is better but let's stop pretending that we have a **** squad who couldn't go to Old Trafford and have them worried. We choose not to.

DO NOT trust this process of illusion that we lack options.

We have a decent side, but it has a ridiculous number of flaws really, especially compared to the 2006 one (which wasn't perfect either)

Even in the team you posted...

1. 2 new and quite young centebacks, not a position for 2 young players imo.

2. Don't really trust Niles defensively in a back 4, very good wingback though.

3. Özil is past it and Dani (despite being a quality player) has a tendency to overdo things compared to other tops CMs in the league.

4. Pepe-Auba-Saka, put a lot of pressure on Saka to link the play, as the other 2 are just final third players really...while Auba's poor hold-up game will always be a bit of a hindrance.

...just feel Arteta is mainly right to play the way he does, our team just doesn't have any reliable partnerships that go well together yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom