• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | Sunday 1st November |16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who was your Man of the Match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We have a decent side, but it has a ridiculous number of flaws really, especially compared to the 2006 one (which wasn't perfect either)

Even in the team you posted...

1. 2 new and quite young centebacks, not a position for 2 young players imo.

2. Don't really trust Niles defensively in a back 4, very good wingback though.

3. Özil is past it and Dani (despite being a quality player) has a tendency to overdo things compared to other tops CMs in the league.

4. Pepe-Auba-Saka, put a lot of pressure on Saka to link the play, as the other 2 are just final third players really...while Auba's poor hold-up game will always be a bit of a hindrance.

...just feel Arteta is mainly right to play the way he does, our team just doesn't have any reliable partnerships that go well together yet.

Our strongest 11 (I don't even know what this is) is definitely flawed, but I believe that Arteta is playing this way through choice. People simply made lazy Pep comparisons. The two were nothing a like as players, so there was no reason to think they would be as managers.

Even when Arteta played in an attacking role, he was still very disciplined.

Regarding the team I posted, I only put Saliba in because you mentioned athleticism. Him and AMN should certainly be replaced by Luiz and Bellerin and Hector is quick. Özil can easily be swapped for Willian.

We have more than enough to not be going to Old Trafford, laying down, pants off, ready to get fu***d.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd like to see:

--------------Leno
Bellerin-Saliba-Gabriel-KT
--------Partey--Xhaka
Pepe------Willian----Saka
-------------Auba

Although Mustafi will 100% play ahead of Saliba. Lacazette will likely play as well, with Ainsley coming in for Pepe.

Honestly just want to see that front 4, don't really give a toss about the test of the team.

Our record at OT is diabolical and I dont see anything to suggest things will change.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We have more than enough to not be going to Old Trafford, laying down, pants off, ready to get fu***d.

This part isn't to do with this specific team tbf, but a mental state of Arsenal for quite a while...only 2 wins in all comps since the stadium move...hopefully no fans helps us, but with them in form and us not, I would happily take a point now.

Saw a stat...since the Premiership began in 1992/1993, one of Man United or Arsenal has always finished in the top 2 up to the 2012/2013 season...from 2013/2014, only on two occasions has that happened (Arsenal in 2016 and Yanited in 2018) shows where both teams are right now.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Voted bore draw, but you never can tell with this version of Utd.

0-0, 1-0 either side, 3 nil battering in Man U's favour, its all on the cards.

amigo

If we lose this game, depending on the way we lose and the tactics used I think even I will start questioning a few things. You cannot be going for the top 4 and lose to City, Liverpool, Leicester and United before we've even hit 10 games played.
It doesnt matter what order you lose your games. Last year Chelsea got top 4 after losing 12 games. So long as you are in touching distance of top 4 (and now we are a mere few points away) we should keep fighting. Things can change very quickly if you get some form going. United were rubbish for a lot of the first half of last season. They came third.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I like it more with this commentary, you can see how pathetic the refs are.

That stance Wenger takes is iconic I always said that should be his statue at the Emirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom