• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What will it take for Willock to start in central midfield?

He should be ahead of Xhaka, Ceballos and Torreira based on performances alone. He would have easily run through the United midfield this game.

Xhaka dropping onto the shoulder of David Luiz to receive the ball, only for Luiz to completely ignore him and play the pass Xhaka was going to play anyway, sums up Xhakas usefulness in progressing the ball. Defensively he is clumsy and clueless positionally. Balls he should easily get to he can't as he isn't athletic enough. On the ball he is basically padding his stats. At the end of the first half he made 13 passes with 9 of them backwards to our defenders. That is someone who can't receive the ball under pressure and isn't agile enough to receive the ball in space, so he just plays first time passes to the defenders.

Torreira looks so uncomfortable chasing shadows around. He isn't athletic enough to cover large distances. He needs to be holding in front of the back four ffs. We are making him look so bad.

Saka was quality and shouldn't have been subbed off.

Pepe is an interesting one. Lacking in confidence because of his execution. I noticed before he came that he didn't have the shot accuracy from the edge of the box. Most of his goals came from dribbling into the box. However, ask yourself how many times he gets into the box. We dont get our wingers close enough to the box and its because we play 3 defensive minded midfielders behind them. Willock -Torreira - Guendouzi should be our 3.

Finesse

This game was a perfect gauge to where we find ourselves as a club in relation to our ambitions. You don’t need to get battered to pick up these salient points. It takes a balanced view of the game.

Emery is not able to take us to where we hope to be as a club. It’s is that simple. Up till now his results are exactly same with Wenger’s last considering the same time spent here.

We are making to many excuses and talking about players injured etc. What we have at hand is not even able to play with an identity. Emery is handling the team like a caretaker manager who just replaced a manager sacked during mid season.

I asked myself a simple question. Would Özil in 90 minutes from the game today have given us something more than Lucas and Dani combined gave us this evening ?

CJJ

Established Member
Ref was a joke. Leno did good. Guendouzi + Saka best players on the pitch today. Pepe might as well have been a lamp post. Willock has to start next game.
I'll take the point but i feel like that United in their current state is a team we should be beating.

Eirico

Two poor teams that both will struggle to get top4. Not the worst result ever considering our record at Old Trafford, but still a boring and uninspiring away performance. Only created three good chances, luckily we have Auba and one chance is enough for him. Conceded 16 shots against a **** United who hasnt scored more than once since the first game, but still thats better than usual in away games.

The recruiting this summer really starts to look worrying. Ceballos, Luiz and Pepe has all mostly looked poor so far. Pepe the biggest worry, we cant afford a player with that price tag to be a flop and we are short on wide options. Wont give up on him yet, but he has to show something soon. Saka looks the better player right now, he is the biggest positive so far this season along with Auba. Other than Saka I didnt find too many positives from this game apart from the fact that we didnt lose. Most of the players would look better with a better manager who has a clear system, so its hard to judge the players including Pepe, Ceballos etc. Even Luiz looked okay under Sarri last season. Imagine Auba playing in a team that created 3-4 chances for him each game, unlike this Arsenal which in most away games struggles to create 3-4 chances for the whole team.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Far too soon to call Pepe a flop. Interesting how some people here consider Luiz played very well and others think he was rubbish, some people think Pogba was immense and some say he was rubbish. It can't be both. Really.

Finesse

First 50 games:
32 wins - Emery
27 wins - Graham
23 wins - Wenger

I’m not thrilled with the football we are playing right now either. Emery is trying something new and trying to shore up defensive weaknesses/pressure up high and counter. It doesn’t appear to be completely clicking. Man U was playing very negative football and should have pulled more yellows. No excuses for Emery, but he’s not been so bad as to warrant so many at his throat. We are not in a position to dominate the top teams unfortunately and we haven't been for a while; Emery didn’t bring that form.

This is criminally insane in terms of comparison. The team Wenger inherited and constructed within that period put Arsenal back on the map. I mean the expectations we have today was down to how he started in those first 50 games.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
First 50 games:
32 wins - Emery
27 wins - Graham
23 wins - Wenger

I’m not thrilled with the football we are playing right now either. Emery is trying something new and trying to shore up defensive weaknesses/pressure up high and counter. It doesn’t appear to be completely clicking. Man U was playing very negative football and should have pulled more yellows. No excuses for Emery, but he’s not been so bad as to warrant so many at his throat. We are not in a position to dominate the top teams unfortunately and we haven't been for a while; Emery didn’t bring that form.

Bumnai winning against Europa League farmers. Great stat.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Listening to Roy Keane, he says Brian Clough told him he could control the ball, pass it and move. He says he made a career out of it and all players should be able to do these three things. If we can get few of our players doing all three, we will be better. Some of the poorest quality in this fixture I've ever seen.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Commentator: Roy, in your opinion, which of these two sides is most likely to finish in the top four?

Roy Keane: Neither.

Kind of a stupid answer because someone has to make it and Sp**s and Chelsea have looked sus.

The teams in third and fourth will be miles behind the top two but we all knew that.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
His actually doing really well. Was talking about him at work today with a few Colleagues very underrated even by myself When there was that talk about him coming here I was on the first to say no. But you’ve only got a look at his record

They haven't had a tough run of fixtures yet. They will fall off over the course of the season.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Sevilla type of performance at Old Trafford.

Our midfield is dire. We should be going to OT and not letting trash like McTominay and Perreira dominate us.

Personally we need to upgrade on Xhaka and Torreira next summer plus sort out this manager situation.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sevilla type of performance at Old Trafford.

Our midfield is dire. We should be going to OT and not letting trash like McTominay and Perreira dominate us.

Personally we need to upgrade on Xhaka and Torreira next summer plus sort out this manager situation.

Didn't Sevilla win at OT not too long ago? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom