PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Sep 24, 2019.

?

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2019.
  1. We somehow win, triggering the end of days

34.5%
  2. We bottle a winning position to draw

37.1%
  3. Lingard ends his streak without a goal. Rosso and Juan Mata’s beard are banned.

28.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Why everybody saying this was trash game yes both teams lack confidence and quality in some areas but to say it's the worst PL game this season is bit overreacting looks like nobody saw Sheffield vs Liverpool it was amazing to watch.

2. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Still laughing at that offside call on the Auba goal, how the **** do you not see the guy right in front of you?

Are the refs incompetent or crooked? Both? Neither is a good thing.

3. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Wait for one of these wrong calls to go through even with VAR, already had one on the Watford pen. ;)

Makingtrax likes this.
  4. yousif_arsenal

He was not even looking at auba he was focusing on the ball. Wierd call.

5. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Liverpool game was better. Sheffield looked up for it and made things happen every time they attacked, looked exciting unlike us or manure. Not to mention they've just been promoted. How in the days name can you compare them to this game?

These two teams are supposed to be good. You'd expect a bit more.

Ewarwoowar and celestis like this.
  6. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Yeah they did didn't they ,and they didn't concede one shot on target either first half . Even thoug Mane hit the post , how they don't count that as a shot on target:lol:.

Be that as it may they only conceded through a goalkeeper howler.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Rimaal and Furious like this.
  7. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Sheffield is a really solid team. They can do a real job on us in a few weeks. Their goalkeeper is the only weak link, made a couple of howlers against Chelsea.

celestis likes this.
  8. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Every match against a mid table side is going to be a struggle with us. For that reason I’m not as confident as some others who say that top 4 will be easy. It should be easy but we’re pretty bad and it won’t be.

iamdaguy likes this.
  9. yousif_arsenal

Hopefully we have to do something for our sit pieces it been really bad this season also try to do something more useful with short corners

10. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I wanted to mention how in Özil's autobiography he mentions that Wenger practiced set pieces religiously. It clearly isn't being done by Emery because we gift counter attack opportunities by killing our own set pieces through negative football.

Makingtrax likes this.
  11. chessygoal

chessygoal Well-Known Member

Pires said on French TV that Torreira was asked to play near Pogba and pressure him as soon as he got the ball. I guess that explains why he was playing so high on the pitch.
    Pires also said that the focus this week on training was all about our defensive shape and how to defend better as a team.

HollandGooner likes this.
  12. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Starting to wonder what we actually do in training besides the obvious

Mark Tobias likes this.
  13. Mark Tobias

Ironically we look so much better defnsively when we actually run at teams and take them on! after our first goal we looked like we had fire in our bellies, then it petered out into this stupid negative defensive crap that invites pressure we can;t handle constantly

14. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

I know we've got our problems, that's pretty obvious. But how in the hell is Lingard still stealing a living at United? Forgot the obnoxious little wanker was even playing last night. Pogba gets alot of stick from pundits but no one seems to mention how awful Lingard is.
    Rashford is ****ing **** aswel, United fans need to calm the hype about him, he's no better than Welbeck.

iamdaguy, krengon and chessygoal like this.
  15. chessygoal

chessygoal Well-Known Member

I don't think it was intentional, it's just that Man U upped the tempo, Kolasinac and Chambers got injured/cramped and stopped going forward, so it forced us to play it really safe.

16. Mark Tobias

I disagree, we looked the better side when the tempo was upped. They slowed it back down and fed their wingers through Pogba with quick balls which caught us out of position.

17. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

IN missed the game yesterday for a work dinner so I watched today. Wish I hadn't.

18. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Simple answer is that Wilder isn’t a fraud. Top manager, get him in.

lamby22 and celestis like this.
  19. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

I get it though, Manu-Arsenal is supposed to be a big game so the expectations are different. It genuinely looked like a midtable clash quality wise.. Poor touches, poor passes and decision making, fluffed shots, the quality on display from both teams was shockingly bad.

celestis and Pepes blue pill like this.
  20. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Maybe the worst part of this game was that torreira chance, not because it was easy but because it looked like a more defensive midfielder arriving in the box late, all when we have attacking players who should be doing that role who woulda made a much better attempt at goal, really was a sign of the times under emery

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.