PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Sep 24, 2019.

?

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2019.
  1. We somehow win, triggering the end of days

34.5%
  2. We bottle a winning position to draw

37.1%
  3. Lingard ends his streak without a goal. Rosso and Juan Mata’s beard are banned.

28.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

The fans mocked, insulted and ranted about our excellent style manager who forced teams to adjust to him. Wenger wouldn’t change his swashbuckling style even if he sometimes took a drubbing from richer squads. Only when the pressure was unbearable did he and team fold after 20 years of top 4.

So the club got in a reactive manager who sets up differently for every team. He’s above Chelsea, Sp**s and United and he’s only lost one game away at Pool. But guess what, he’s getting mocked, insulted and ranted about.

That stuff isn’t my style.

2. iamdaguy

iamdaguy Well-Known Member

He is one loss away from mid-table, so you must be on your edge to join the banter...?

3. Makingtrax

That’s on the club. I never wanted Wenger out and definitely never wanted a reactive manager like Emery. But it’s different, so let’s see how he does before hanging him.

EmeryCouldnt likes this.
  4. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

We were wrong trax.
    But we aren't wrong now:lol:

Makingtrax likes this.
  5. Makingtrax

If you’re right he’ll sink down the table, and I’ll I join in. If he finishes in the top 4 with a cup, we can’t expect anything better. Certainly not until this squad is finally fixed at the back.

drippin likes this.
  6. Mark Tobias

Fair enough. You're sticking to your guns admirably as always. I'm not quite calling for the sack but I'm bored out of my mind with the football and i just don't think Emery gets english football

Mrs Bergkamp and Makingtrax like this.
  7. Makingtrax

The football isn’t the best, but I thought results were everything in football.

8. Uncle Good-Advice

Uncle Good-Advice Well-Known Member

I don't know, since we have almost no chance of winning the league I do care much more about the style than grinding wins against the Watfords of this world. Football should be an entertainment first anf foremost, without that it's probably one of the most boring sports.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  9. Mark Tobias

You could easily dig up an old quote of mine along the lines of 'i don't care if we're winning 1-0 and bored to death' but.. i was wrong cause or defense can't stop conceding. We need to fully utilize the attacking strength we have... ala Arsène. Run at teams, move them around, take necessary risks IN THE OPPOSITION HALF..

Makingtrax likes this.
  10. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

If that was the case I would just check the score after the game.

Nemetoss, Sanis, ptrcopp and 2 others like this.
  11. Makingtrax

That’s what I used to say in the Wenger days and then got spanked by a hundred angry posts telling me 4th wasn’t a trophy ffs.:lol:.

12. Makingtrax

He isn’t a risk taking manager.

But is that because he knows our defence is ****. He inherited Mustafi. Did he even want Luiz? Sokratis rash. Does even rate Chambers? Two full backs still injured? Would you be cautious with that mess?

drippin likes this.
  13. Makingtrax

A draw away at United with more chances. We haven’t lost away to Norwich.

14. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Wow the mental gymnastics people will do just to refuse to admit we are at a pretty decent position so far results and table wise DESPITE having played more top 6 rivals than any other top 6 club. You can luck out on single results but it's not something that you can manage over 7 games, it doesn't exist. Stop chatting sh*t.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  15. Uncle Good-Advice

Uncle Good-Advice Well-Known Member

I wasn't one of those posters, however I think that 4th place trophy is even less and less important nowadays. CL is mostly prestige. Lack of it doesn't result in inability to spend big money and didn't stop us Utd or won't stop Chelsea next summer from luring big-time players. There's plenty of money coming from elsewhere. One more reason to play expansive, attractive football instead of scraping for 4th.

16. Mark Tobias

Sorry but this is not a justified statement. We're literally gifting goals by inviting pressure trying a tactic with a silly formation. You can get better out of this squad. Mustafi hasn't played in a few now. We invite pressure in games against teams we should be taking a part.

Makingtrax likes this.
  17. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

I used to watch every single match of ours but now I just wait to see the team selection and decide whether it’ll be worth it. Guess I was right not to watch this one..

This flat midfield **** really isn’t working as is.

Would this:

Torreira

Guendouzi Xhaka
    Work better than this?

Xhaka

Torreira Guendouzi​

18. Makingtrax

Depends on your mind set. Is your first objective not to lose, or is it to win. Wenger was always to win, but he got heavily criticised for it.

19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Biggest United Supporter In India

You know why no one has spoken about it? Because he didn’t duck anything. He was actually going to head that ball but it took a little deflection.

samshere and Steps like this.
  20. Mark Tobias

Nobody criticized wenger for wanting to win, trax. You can't be serious with a statement like that. Wenger was, for the most part, accused of 'not keeping up with modern football' (whatever that means), not spending and being too stubborn in terms of molly coddling players..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.