• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The problem is that it actually isn't unbelievable. This was a prime example of what we have had to deal with over the years.
  • RVP sending off at Camp Nou
  • Wenger sending off at Old Trafford
  • Several Rooney penalties
  • Stamp on Diaby vs Newcastle that saw him sent off
  • LCFC getting 15 penalties before January in the season they won
  • Sanchez rugby tackled to the ground by Charlie Adam
  • Aguero scoring with his hand against us
Those are just the ones I am recalling off the top of my head and obviously all Arsenal examples.
This is an ongoing issue. Certain clubs definitely seem to get special treatment by the officials. I wouldn't call it an anti-Arsenal agenda because I think loads of clubs have to deal with it but it is ridiculous at times and fairly blatant too.
Good post! For some reason clubs as ManU get the rub of the green with the PL refs, we clearly don’t.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We should play Torreira as a shield of the CBs. He is really good at that. I understand Emery ‘s thinking in playing him higher up but it just isn’t correct. We have one good DM and we play him out of position...
You can get away with a small DM if they’re very athletic like Kante. But Torreira is even shorter and 10kg lighter. Has he got the physicality and skill to be a great DM? Emery doesn’t seem to think so, but he didn’t buy him.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You can get away with a small DM if they’re very athletic like Kante. But Torreira is even shorter and 10kg lighter. Has he got the physicality and skill to be a great DM? Emery doesn’t seem to think so, but he didn’t buy him.
Torreira might be short, but he is plenty physical to me. He also never has come across as to me not athletic . He is quick and turns well in tight spaces. He wins the ball back well and isn't afraid with the ball in traffic. I couldn't say that he is less athletic than e.g. Kante. But to be honest I haven't studied either of them in detail.

He is good enough to play that role for Uruguay's national team and they, at least as far as I am concerned, know a bit or two about playing hard defence as a team. Torreira has what Uruguay has, and that is fight in them. That's what i like the most about him. Call it La Garra Churra, or whatever, but he is a guy that will put it on the line I feel and we need more of those on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom