• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United v Arsenal | April 15, 2018 13:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakySami

The match is simple. We scored 1 then got denied a penalty. After that we shoot ourselves in the foot twice because well we sometimes do that. Also, we couldn't afford to play the first team or half of the second team since people are tired from travel and had no rest.

In other words, we rested for Europa and need to beat athletico . That's it that's all.

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I

think we will be beaten comfortably over 2 legs as well, as much as I love arsenal and I want to win, losing this with united away in the middle of it and our last home game against Burnley after, might just do enough for the club to take action. We are lottery having to go backwards to get him out so we can go forwards again.

I know what you mean, but best to protect against injuries and give a youngster or two a rare chance. Some poor game decisions from Wenger though and Mustafi alone costs us every single game. Why couldn't we 'rest' him... :(

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Always thought when our focus remain on the Europa League we will not be at our best in the competition. We will be in trouble because if we do not win the Europa League and our last match in the EPL is against Burnley lose that one and we will not compete in Europe next season.

Dj_sds -

The match is simple. We scored 1 then got denied a penalty. After that we shoot ourselves in the foot twice because well we sometimes do that. Also, we couldn't afford to play the first team or half of the second team since people are tired from travel and had no rest.

In other words, we rested for Europa and need to beat athletico . That's it that's all.

Good explanation, what is the excuse for the other 4 losses back to back away?

marting

Good explanation, what is the excuse for the other 4 losses back to back away?

So tired they couldnt make the bench? to tired for the 45 minute flight to Newcastle?

But at least they are well rested for the europa league where we have been putting in such great performances such as the home game against Ostersunds and away in Russia last week....

And when we were resting the first 11 in the europa league so they were fresh for the PL that was working well lol.

Lets get away from the whole "resting players" thing please. I bet Kos, Ramsey, Özil etc have played far less games this season then they normally do!

FreakySami

So tired they couldnt make the bench? to tired for the 45 minute flight to Newcastle?

But at least they are well rested for the europa league where we have been putting in such great performances such as the home game against Ostersunds and away in Russia last week....

And when we were resting the first 11 in the europa league so they were fresh for the PL that was working well lol.

Lets get away from the whole "resting players" thing please. I bet Kos, Ramsey, Özil etc have played far less games this season then they normally do!

Let's hope the gamble pays off. Players should be rested to make sure they don't get injured. I don't understand how you can't comprehend this. It's really simple.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
After that we shoot ourselves in the foot twice because well we sometimes do that.

Yes, we do, no matter what players we have, we still do this. One constant, WENGER!!!

We also didn't rest that many players. We had a strong team out there. Against fecking Newcastle!!

marting

Let's hope the gamble pays off. Players should be rested to make sure they don't get injured. I don't understand how you can't comprehend this. It's really simple.

Because you seem to think this is acceptable! What if we were in the title race? Or still battling for the top 4?

I didnt see City and Liverpool resting players?

You rest players at suitable times, In fixtures you can get away with it. You rest them by putting them on the bench, Not dropping half the team from the entire squad. having a nice winning run going into a european game is helpful build some momentum, Instead we are back at square one again. See if you still fill the same after we have been away to united between the Madrid games. Because when we get smash over in Madrid you can already bet Wenger will say "the players have lost confidence".

pacstud

We also didn't rest that many players.
ffs this is bs

And you can be dismissive of other pro teams, but that's not how sport works. Newcastle's XI was better than ours. We may have more $ or indy talent, but that XI we fielded had never played together.

Chambers, Holding, Willock, El Neny, Iwobi

Half the team was squad players or below.

You can say we played like $hit and that's both fair and accurate...but no need to write fiction.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
ffs this is bs

And you can be dismissive of other pro teams, but that's not how sport works. Newcastle's XI was better than ours. We may have more $ or indy talent, but that XI we fielded had never played together.

Chambers, Holding, Willock, El Neny, Iwobi

Half the team was squad players or below.

You can say we played like $hit and that's both fair and accurate...but no need to write fiction.
Of those you mentioned willock is the ONLY one that hasn't played

FreakySami

Yes, we do, no matter what players we have, we still do this. One constant, WENGER!!!

We also didn't rest that many players. We had a strong team out there. Against fecking Newcastle!!
Actually, maybe if I come to London can have a talk. Wenger is the one constant but it doesn't justify mustafis constant brain farts, or cechs problems near post.

Also, don't say he bought them because it was already said that he wanted manolas instead of mustafi. Also, have you ever played football at a competitive level? Changing 2 players changes a lot of the dynamic of the team. I don't think you understand the impact of changing 4.

We are in trouble, we all agree. The only thing we need to do is win the Europa League and so we have to put all the chances on our side. If he has to rest all the players until the end of the season so we can have an increase of 5% chance to win Europa League, hé shoulds do it.

The fans for the past 2 years have been crap and the team responded in an unacceptable way away from home this season in the league, although we have the best record in Europe away from home this year.

I'm not justifying mustafis brain farts but don't think a constant is always the problem, broaden your horizons, there is more than what you can see.

pacstud

Of those you mentioned willock is the ONLY one that hasn't played
Together was the operative word.

That XI has never played before and it showed. Disjointed from the get, there was almost no cohesion. Little platoons playing jr. ball. It's to be expected.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You know what, Mustafi is the one thing we’ve all been able to agree on on this forum.

Silver linings and all that, he’s bringing us together. :lol:
@Sapient Hawk Your like on this post was my 20,000th on A-M.

I'd like to thank you first and foremost as well as my fellow posters, the mods and @SomGooner (probably responsible for half of my total) for making this dream come true.

I'll continue to strive to be the poster that this great forum deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom