• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United v Arsenal | September 15, 2018 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
nbc_bpl_newarshighlights_150829_1280x720_515741763632_0.jpg

Referee: Lee Probert

• Newcastle's 2-1 victory in this fixture last season ended a 10-match losing run against Arsenal in the Premier League. The Magpies last won consecutive league matches against Arsenal in January 1996.
  • Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez has lost six times to Arsenal in the Premier League, but the Spaniard has won two of his last three against them in the competition, losing the other. He lost his only meeting against Unai Emery as Real Madrid manager, losing 3-2 away to Sevilla in November 2015.
  • Arsenal have won two of their last three away Premier League matches and are looking to claim consecutive away league victories for the first time since May 2017.
Team News:
Arsenal: Iwobi (illness) and Torreira (calf) expected to return
Newcastle: Shelvey (thigh), Ritchie (knee) and Manquillo (ankle) doubts

Possible lineup:
Untitled.jpg

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Saw Torreira may have been injured for Uruguay, anyone know how he’s doing now?

Jae

Think we'll do these quite comfortably.

They've looked terrible this season, particularly against Chelsea where the averaged something rediculous like 19% possession for the entire game. The city game wasn't much better (24%).

Just cut out the silly mistakes and the points are ours.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
They will defend for their lives and they managed to hurt Sp**s and Chelsea so I don't think it will be a walk in the park. Expecting Kennedy to start working against our vulnerable full backs and wouldn't be surprised to see an unmarked Shelvey bomb from 30 yards if we continue with Xhaka-Guendouzi.

I hope to see the manifestation of Xhaka - Toreirra partnership finally and this is a good game for both of them to thrive.

Aubameyang
Iwobi - Ramsey - Özil
Dozy - Torreira
Monreal - Koscielny - Sokratis - Bellerin
Leno

Cech - Holding - Lichtsteiner - Nketiah - Xhaka - Lacazette - Welbeck

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Chelsea and Sp**s had some difficulties but managed three points. I expect us to do the same. We can't drop points to a side that gave Chelsea the ball for something like 80 percent if we want Champions League football.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think we're starting to find our feet now, Laca should continue, if he does he'll score, only real question is will Torreira start and if so who with. I'd still like to see a 3 but I guess it will be a 2, so I'd like to see Torreira and Xhaka together to see how they do. Personally I'd rather see Douzy & Torreira but I don't see Emery dropping Xhaka.

TorontoGooner76

Glad the international break is over and done with. At least we got 4 matches to watch before the break this year. But I still don't like them so early on in the season.

Anyways, I don't think this will be a real easy one for us. We'll have to see if we can pick up where we left off in Cardiff. I expect to see Lacazette up top again with Auba and Özil on either side. Actually, I sort of expect the same line-up as last time out, unless Torreira has fully recovered from whatever injury he has sustained while playing for Uruguay. I think it might be time for him to start.

Looks like we have our first Europa League match on Thursday? That is when I would expect to see some rotation with guys like Leno, Lichtsteiner, Welbeck, El-Nenny, Holding, etc. come into the side. This is why I feel that the line-up may be similar to what we have already seen. Emery will want a win coming back from the break, so I expect his strongest side in this one.

With every week that passes, I think we will see small improvements in positional play and what-not, and once the players all really understand and are in board with Emery's ideas, I think we will hit our stride somewhat . I feel this is an ongoing process, which will continue on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Giroud12

Cant wait for them to go from gifting Chelsea 3 points with a late own goal to suddenly looking fantastic against us.

We should win though, although they have not looked as bad as the points tally suggest. Could easily have gotten a win or draw vs. Sp**s, a draw vs chelsea and a win at Cardiff.

zhaggy

Tough game, expect us to concede two, 4-2 in our favor.. brace from Laca, Auba and Ramsey the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom