• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United vs Arsenal | 11/04/04

wiltord11

looks like vieira may be rested and edu and gilberto are starting and maybe wiltord i would like to see this team play against newcastle:

lehamann

lauren toure campbell cole

wiltord gilberto edu pires

reyes henry/kanu

newcastle havent got the srongest of midfielders and i think gilberto and edu should be able to control there midfield not saure if dyer is playing he didnt play against psv.

maybe bring on clichy for pires if were winning. i think its a strong line up and capable of winning but newcastle are strong at home havent lost in 8 or 9 games so we will have to sharp at the back.

n_henry

Paddy's gonna be rested... how come?

Gilberto better be on his game defensively, and let's hope Edu can provide some attacking inspiration.

I want to see Reyes start. :D

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
This is the line up I would go with:

Lehmann

Lauren
Toure
Campbell
Cole

Wiltord
Vieira
Gilberto
Edu

Kanu or Bergkamp
Reyes

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
n_henry said:
Paddy's gonna be rested... how come?

Gilberto better be on his game defensively, and let's hope Edu can provide some attacking inspiration.

I want to see Reyes start. :D

Vieira's got slight knee and hamstring injuries but I'm sure he's going to start. Wenger's already said that Edu, Gilberto and Reyes will all start. Wltord will probably start too in my opinion.

Mark

Established Member
I think the lineup will be...

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Campbell Cole

Wiltord Gilberto Edu Ljungberg

Reyes Henry

Bench: 1. Shabaan 2. Kanu 3. Pires 4. Vieira 5. Keown

I think Pires and Vieira will be rested but will be on the bench to come on if we need them. Kanu will probably replace Henry at some point, he will need a rest. Ljungberg is effective on the left so I think it's a pretty strong team and should be good enough to win the game. I'd take a draw though. My prediction is a 2-1 win to the Arsenal. Reyes and Edu with the goals.

patrick42uk

Established Member
lehmann

lauren toure campbell cole

gilberto vieira edu pires

Reyes henry

OR

Lehmann

lauren toure keown cole

wiltord vieira gilbero edu

reyes kanu

XxGoonaStuxX

I would go with:

Lehmann

Wiltord Gilberto Edu Pires

Reyes Henry/Kanu

Gives us good strength in midfield aswell as a good attacking force and that solid defence :)

Evil Dragon

I would go with:

Lehmann

Wiltord Gilberto Edu Pires

Reyes Henry/Kanu

Gives us good strength in midfield aswell as a good attacking force and that solid defence

Yeah I would go with that team too. :D

KoLo28

Lehmann

Gilberto Vieira Edu Pires

Wiltord Reyes

Who else thinks reyes and wiltord might do well together?

Legend#1

Established Member
KoLo28 said:
Lehmann

Gilberto Vieira Edu Pires

Wiltord Reyes

Who else thinks reyes and wiltord might do well together?
Don't play Gilberto on the right

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Sol Ash

Wiltord Gilberto Edu Freddie

Reyes Bergy

Stim

Mark said:
Lehmann

Wiltord Gilberto Edu Ljungberg

Reyes Henry
Thats the line up i would go for, and Wenger would probably got for it too.

Sigun

some people here think Henry is not a firm starter. why is that?

he wasent supposed to be %100 for pool match and look what he done.

Dont forget we cant take this AWAY match with NEWCASTLE lightly. They challaging for 4th

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I think it might wise to let Henry recharge his batteries. A draw wouldn't be a bad result. We have enough strikers and shouldn't always have to play Henry just coz he's the best out of the bunch. Don't forget that he's only human.

Latest posts

Top Bottom