• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United vs Arsenal | 11/04/04

A

Anonymous

My two cents worth on the game from up in the gods - which wasnt really that bad of a view.

It was a hard fought game, and in the end I think a point was about the right result and I would have taken it before kick off. But we created the three best chances of the game and should have scored at least one. I havent seen the replay yet but they looked like great chances, Henry in particular.

I thought Vieira was immense. Again. I also thought Gilberto had a great game - you could really see from where I was sat just how much work he gets through and what a important job he does in filling in any holes that appear.

Lehmann owed us a big game today and he gave it us. Pulled off a great save low down in the first half and his cathing of crosses was 10/10. But then he goes and gets involved with Shearer at the end - Why? I know the guy is a sly dirty **** Jens and I would love to punch him to - but you should not get involved like that. There was an easy throw to Pires to set us off on the attack, but instead he farts around playing silly buggers with Shearer and pissing off the Newcastle fans. We had done a great job in keeping them quite all game but this set them off. He did the same at Everton, and I blame him for us not winning that game. He is a great keeper, which he showed today - he just needs to sort out his attitude.

Reyes looked good in patches, although he is very lightweight. There are glimpes of the talent that is to come - which we will all see in full next year. Henry played well today - but he looks done in. After every run he has to stop and hold his back which is worrying.

Defence played great agian and got a much needed clean sheet. Great day all in all, but the league is not over yet. If the second biggest team in London wins tomorrow they are only 4 points behind.

reggiepaul

I am so gutted about this result. I can't believe it. I think there are many questions that arise after this game.

I can't believe I am so gutted about this result. I have conjoured up some reasons and they'll arise amidst some threads in the future. :( :cry:

A.Hussain

even though i didnt watch the game, the live text gave me an indication that both titi and reyes were, individually and in an alternating fashion, givin the castle defence nightmares.

imagine when they will have the telepathic understanding. ah, we will have the fastest, most technical strike partnership in the world. once that happens, i want us to play brazil in a friendly. :)

reggiepaul

Yeah I think seeing us dominate and battle and not getting a goal seemed unjust. It wasn't fair. So many clear chances and it was same old Arsenal, playing around the box or unlucky.

dsurg

At the start of the day I would have been pleased with a scored draw but on the actual event it looks like two points dropped..but then again its the last of the serious ties left in the premiership...we need just 4 more wins and its back to where it belongs THOF.....COME ON ARSENAL

AFCG7

Established Member
I thought both sets of players looked uninterested for long periods of the game.. ours because they looked so damned tired and Newcastle players maybe looking to the semi in midweek and trying to avoid a defeat.. as it is i think both teams will be satisfied with a point , though in hindsight Newcastle would have though mayb Bellamy's try would have gone in but well done Lehmann ( i still think we should have dropped him ).. and maybe if Reyes had directed that header either side of Given it would have gone in. We could have scored..we didnt and the way i see it..4 points out of 6 after the tough beginning of the week..coupled with Chelsea's draw... isnt too bad considering the run of games our players have had to play.

Late in the second half i thought Edu was going to drop..he looked wasted ..so did Henry and Lauren.
Vieira was immense today.. how he finds the energy sometimes i dont know.

All in all.. an accepted result.. had Wiltord done the right thing however..

reggiepaul

Bellamy fumbling was funny stuff. Gotta see that again. Hopefully they rewound it and showed it at several different angles on Sky.

quattro

fair result overall. the last of the "week of hell" and im personally glad its over. we're back just right where we left it before that awful run with seven points above chelski so its far from a worriesome position. very glad to see the work ethic that everyone was putting in from lehmann to henry. with the likes of real madrid losing at home today (and conceding their lead) it seems that we are showing that we are still as solid and we ain't going to let this go. i think we get a five day rest... a blessing since i dont think arsenal remembers what thats like.

I wasn't exactly stoked with the point but in the grand scheme of things a point was probably as good as a win in this senario. What we needed to do was ensure we stayed atleast 3 games ahead of chelsea and we've done that. A win would have been nice but the way I see it, if we're bad enough to drop more then 7 points in the next 6 matches we don't deserve to be champions anyway.

Jinn

Established Member
Take a week off to recover, and then back into it. 4-1 again?

Pennant to be sent off.

KoLo28

fair result. i think both teams were satisfied with nil all. we missed some chances, but looked a little tired. now the players have some time to rest. lehmann had a great game, bellamy could have scored early and he held all the crosses well (any other aussies think he'd make a great CHF) ? good result that keeps us in the drivers seat and ends the hard run of fixtures, now its time to turn it on and win back our title.

Jinn

Established Member
I think the most postive thing is Lehmann's response to some poor games. He's tried to show the doubters that he can handle pressure, and he did - by keeping a clean sheet.

We don't need any of that hoohaa that he had with Shearer though. Luckily Durkin was feling reasonable!

Senght

agreed that it was a good 1 point. Tired and pressurised by the damn media, we fought hard for a gritty draw at St James Park. Time for our defence to get a clean sheet. We have 3 clear chances and we should score though, although Im not too gutted about that. 4 days rest, imagine what will Henry and Co do to Leeds. :D

Aussie

Established Member
I rekon we probably should have won and had some golden chances that we didnt take. However overall i am happy with the result.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Yes I agree that we should have won. We controlled the match and missed three golden opportunities. It looks like Wenger has signed another striker who's not too familiar with the concept of heading a ball!
Vieira was maginficent. Absolultely sensational!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Jinn said:
We don't need any of that hoohaa that he had with Shearer though. Luckily Durkin was feling reasonable!

That side comes with him. He's just got a very short temper and loves getting involved in little shcoolboy-esque squabbles.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom