• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

What is you predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Willock was good today, but he is better from deeper, don't understand why Emery keeps trying to play him so advanced, but loved the fact we had three academy players on the pitch a proud moment.

Stupidity personified. He’s not a CAM, and will look like a headless chicken when used as one.

Considering our desperate need for his attributes in the heart of midfield, it makes zero sense to me.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
First game of the season, away game up north, cold and raining, missing 7 starters. Ended up with a 1-0 win, looked comfortable at the back, no injuries, provided some needed minutes to new signings.

This is likely to be the worst side we field this season and Newcastle did **** all against it. Honestly i'm very pleased with todays game all things considered. Not to mention we get rid of that "Arsenal haven't kept an away clean sheet yada yada" nonsense early on and can build some form of defensive confidence from this.

Newcastle however are ****ed.

darkgunner

As far as the first game of the season goes, it wasn't overly ****ty. Good result in the end, especially with this patchwork team. It was a mistake to loan out Chambers last season, Fulham's ****ty defence didn't do him any good. If he spent that time here, he would have saved us from that abomination Mustafi.

Mkhitaryan should play no further part in our premier league campaign, he is well and truly done for. Just like Sanchez at utd, no point playing him in hope because of his past glories at Dortmund. Pepe should start the next game ahead of him and Saka should be on the bench instead.

morpho

Established Member
I'll take a scrappy win any day. Glad I was wrong in my prediction. Looks comfortable, but not more than that. Guess the sparkling will come as the players get fitter. Great assist from AMN!

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Not many good performances, but we still got the win. Was nice to see the defence being pretty comfortable too..

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Our defence was solid even if I had kittens every time our box was attacked. In front of them, Emery still has to find the right combination of players. It seems a lot weren't played in their favoured position or asked to do a job. Credit to the players who got the job done but Emery has to give them more licence to play to their strengths as the season goes on. I think this will come as players get fitter but it was nice to see us digging in and managing a game especially near the corner at the end :)

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Good result players are obviously rusty. Dani and Pepe need to get used to the league and speed of it. Our starting lineup was nowhere near our 1st 11. We won and along with a clean sheet is a great start. Roll on Burnley!! Can the Debbies please go and moan elsewhere.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
on having many senior defenders missing and the performance of Chambers...
Really, last year for Calum Chambers was a very good year because he played all the matches with Fulham. They played him as centre-back in a three, in a two and they played him as a midfielder. From pre-season, he deserved to play today in the first XI and he was very focused and with Sokratis was also very serious. I want to have very competitive players in each position. With David Luiz, with Holding when he is coming back to help us, with training regularly and playing with the under-23s because he will play again tomorrow. And with Hector Bellerin, one month more. Today we also had Sead out and the injury to Kieran Tierney. I think we can and will want to become stronger defensively, but above all being one offensive team.

He isn't even naming Mustafi anymore :D

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
I’m proud of Willock and AMN. They did well enough in a road season-opening win. Not spectacular overall, but AMN’s assist and Auba’s finish were beautiful. Chambers deserves lots of praise as well. Huge performance for him.

Imagine this attack when our first choice fullbacks are ready:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom