• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

What is you predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Incredible how we ended up with three yellow cards from conceding in total seven free kicks and they only one. Maxim planted his studs in Xhakas ankle, their defender pulled Aubas shirt to top a counter attack and Mikhi was hacked down from behind and no card was given. Infuriating and a lot worse than when the ref misses a penalty or a linesman gets an offside call wrong. Just biased refereeing.
Was thinking the same thing during the game. How we end up with three yellow cards against their one is just unbelievable. It really feels like double standards.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I couldn't believe what I was hearing on MOTD. They showed mostly Newcastle attacking aswell.
Personally feel he looked lively. After the game I wouldn’t have singled him out for a bad game. Felt that he is starting to link up with Aubameyang better.

Overall I am surprised how negative the views were of this first game of the season away in the rain at Newcastle. We kept a clean sheet, did press quite well at times, played quite tidy for long spells and with a bit more luck in the final third it could have been more than one goal to us. Newcastle, besides that hit of the upright in the firsts half, never felt like they were going to score to me.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Found it very encouraging that we played a bunch of young guys from the start and we came away with a good win and clean sheet. Think we can only improve as the young players mature further. E.g. in Guendouzi we have a real gem in the making. AMN looked solid even defensively at right back. Nelson and Willock starting. That is something to build on.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Found it very encouraging that we played a bunch of young guys from the start and we came away with a good win and clean sheet. Think we can only improve as the young players mature further. E.g. in Guendouzi we have a real gem in the making. AMN looked solid even defensively at right back. Nelson and Willock starting. That is something to build on.
Of course there are good things... those young players have potential. I am not against that... I am against Emery doesn’t play through the middle. I want to see Willock as b2b. Xhaka/Douzy/Torreira paired with one of Ceballos/Willock. That’s all I want to see... then you use Özil as 10 and I think we could have a very fluid midfield. With the attack we have and the addition of Pepè it’s something to work with it... I don’t wanna watch Xhaka paired with Torreira/Douzy game after game... it’s painful to watch.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Incredible how we ended up with three yellow cards from conceding in total seven free kicks and they only one. Maxim planted his studs in Xhakas ankle, their defender pulled Aubas shirt to top a counter attack and Mikhi was hacked down from behind and no card was given. Infuriating and a lot worse than when the ref misses a penalty or a linesman gets an offside call wrong. Just biased refereeing.

I raise to Willock being strangled and pulled down to the ground before he could've just put it through to Auba. Ridiculous

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thought we looked boring could of quite easily had a power nap in the first half and missed nothing

Not sure what you expected. Lots of first XI out. Even when they come back I'd expect some gelling issues.

Bellerin and Holding have been out for a long time

Ceballos, Tierney, Luiz and Pepe are new to the team.

Going to be a little while (hopefully not too long) before we gel and form understandings and patterns of play.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Personally feel he looked lively. After the game I wouldn’t have singled him out for a bad game. Felt that he is starting to link up with Aubameyang better.

Overall I am surprised how negative the views were of this first game of the season away in the rain at Newcastle. We kept a clean sheet, did press quite well at times, played quite tidy for long spells and with a bit more luck in the final third it could have been more than one goal to us. Newcastle, besides that hit of the upright in the firsts half, never felt like they were going to score to me.

Mkhitaryan plays with the right level of intent but is clearly low on confidence. Bit of a mental midget. The criticism is excessive but typical of of a player who seems to execute difficult things and screw up easy ones.

He’s started to become a bit of a liability in defensive situations too.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sorry not been closely following the sentiment on here, are people complaining about our first 3 pts in an away game season opener in a decade. WTAF?

Miki was beyond appalling for the first 30 mins or so then got better.

I don’t think anybody’s complaining about the result

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Funny that a few days after the end of the British experiment we started with four British (English) players and still await the return of two potential starters in the next few weeks.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Sorry not been closely following the sentiment on here, are people complaining about our first 3 pts in an away game season opener in a decade. WTAF?

Miki was beyond appalling for the first 30 mins or so then got better.
Not complaining, observing. Very happy with the win, but it's clear our field play needs a lot of work. Hopefully better personnel simply fixes this.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Saw this, team made of players who didn't start yesterday

Hn8PAb7.jpg

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We started very poorly. Like we were still in pre season. Yet we managed a clean sheet with a back pairing thats never played a competitive game together; throw in a starting XI thats never played a competitive game together.

Playing poorly, winning with a clean sheet, fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom