PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Aevi, Aug 8, 2019.

?

What is you predicted result?

1. Arsenal win

81.9%
  2. Draw

10.4%
  3. Newcastle win

7.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I couldn't believe what I was hearing on MOTD. They showed mostly Newcastle attacking aswell.

ASIF, PoleInGoal and Sapient Hawk like this.
  2. Chaoz_Enigma

Chaoz_Enigma Active Member

Can we just all agree that the away shirt just looked more and more stunning everytime we played in it. Kudos to Adidas.

ASIF, Mark Tobias, Wilshero and 2 others like this.
  3. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Was thinking the same thing during the game. How we end up with three yellow cards against their one is just unbelievable. It really feels like double standards.

4. CaseUteinberger

Personally feel he looked lively. After the game I wouldn’t have singled him out for a bad game. Felt that he is starting to link up with Aubameyang better.

Overall I am surprised how negative the views were of this first game of the season away in the rain at Newcastle. We kept a clean sheet, did press quite well at times, played quite tidy for long spells and with a bit more luck in the final third it could have been more than one goal to us. Newcastle, besides that hit of the upright in the firsts half, never felt like they were going to score to me.

Mo Britain, bingobob and samshere like this.
  5. CaseUteinberger

Found it very encouraging that we played a bunch of young guys from the start and we came away with a good win and clean sheet. Think we can only improve as the young players mature further. E.g. in Guendouzi we have a real gem in the making. AMN looked solid even defensively at right back. Nelson and Willock starting. That is something to build on.

mavelous, Iceman10 and Arsenio Venger like this.
  6. CaseUteinberger

Should have added Chambers to my list! He was solid all game.

mavelous and bingobob like this.
  7. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

Of course there are good things... those young players have potential. I am not against that... I am against Emery doesn’t play through the middle. I want to see Willock as b2b. Xhaka/Douzy/Torreira paired with one of Ceballos/Willock. That’s all I want to see... then you use Özil as 10 and I think we could have a very fluid midfield. With the attack we have and the addition of Pepè it’s something to work with it... I don’t wanna watch Xhaka paired with Torreira/Douzy game after game... it’s painful to watch.

8. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

I raise to Willock being strangled and pulled down to the ground before he could've just put it through to Auba. Ridiculous

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    OnlyOne likes this.
  9. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

That's what people kept saying about Sp**s last year. They reached the final and still finished above us.

10. Tony's nose

Tony's nose Well-Known Member

Thought we looked boring could of quite easily had a power nap in the first half and missed nothing

arsenefc likes this.
  11. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Not sure what you expected. Lots of first XI out. Even when they come back I'd expect some gelling issues.

Bellerin and Holding have been out for a long time

Ceballos, Tierney, Luiz and Pepe are new to the team.

Going to be a little while (hopefully not too long) before we gel and form understandings and patterns of play.

12. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Yeah by 1 point despite our squad being in absolute shambles

13. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Sorry not been closely following the sentiment on here, are people complaining about our first 3 pts in an away game season opener in a decade. WTAF?

Miki was beyond appalling for the first 30 mins or so then got better.

Mark Tobias, Trilly and bingobob like this.
  14. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Mkhitaryan plays with the right level of intent but is clearly low on confidence. Bit of a mental midget. The criticism is excessive but typical of of a player who seems to execute difficult things and screw up easy ones.

He’s started to become a bit of a liability in defensive situations too.

15. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

I don’t think anybody’s complaining about the result

yorch44 likes this.
  16. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Funny that a few days after the end of the British experiment we started with four British (English) players and still await the return of two potential starters in the next few weeks.

17. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Not complaining, observing. Very happy with the win, but it's clear our field play needs a lot of work. Hopefully better personnel simply fixes this.

18. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Saw this, team made of players who didn't start yesterday

[​IMG]

19. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

We started very poorly. Like we were still in pre season. Yet we managed a clean sheet with a back pairing thats never played a competitive game together; throw in a starting XI thats never played a competitive game together.

Playing poorly, winning with a clean sheet, fantastic.

20. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Well-Known Member

That is some team. This is the strongest squad we’ve had in the emirates era, especially considering Saliba will be joining up next summer.

Trilly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.