• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
What about lamelas terrible faint that got the second pk not how how ref and linesman missed that

That's not a dive. He was clearly kicked, but maybe not the way the Argie fell down. I wouldn't want Lamela to be suspended either...he's not a big match player. Rather him play.

say yes

forum master baiter
I don’t think we played a 4231 against Everton fwiw.

Was a 433 exactly like the formation @Tir Na Nog posted with Mkhi and Özil given free roles behind Auba. Iwobi was noticeably more withdrawn - he wasn’t playing as a winger.

Point being that we don’t need to play Ramsey out wide to mimic that. We can play him in the centre along with two other bodies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
All about the American market in mind. Even as an American myself, embarrassed to see who they choose to be the face of the rivalry. Most Americans don't get it.

Thankfully they didn't come across as embarrassing as they actually are (although the ArsenalFanTV guy comes across as a bit of an idiot and everybody already knows Piers Morgan is an idiot from TV and politics). But then had I not known anything about it I probably would have gotten the idea that all Sp**s fans have their bodies covered with tattoos. :lol:

Aevi

Hale End FC

Was a 433 exactly like the formation @Tir Na Nog posted with Mkhi and Özil given free roles behind Auba. Iwobi was noticeably more withdrawn - he wasn’t playing as a winger.

Point being that we don’t need to play Ramsey out wide to mimic that. We can play him in the centre along with two other bodies.
I don't know, I got the impression of a 4-2-3-1 and the heat maps say the same. Both Iwobi and Mkhi tucked inside several times because that's their style but the central areas were largely dominated by Xhaka and Ramsey with Özil playing with freedom to roam anywhere he wants (which wouldn't be the case if he was a winger in a 4-3-3). In defense you could see the formation clearly because Iwobi and Mkhi were the ones tracking back on their respective sides instead of Özil and Mkhi.

This is a bit of a pointless argument I guess but I'm almost certain we set up as a 4-2-3-1, which is better imo as it gets the best out of Özil.

marting

Massive game. Losing this would completely finish our chance of the top 4....which is pretty faint anyway! For me... I would be dropping iwobi for Rambo and get jack back in the team. Common boys, make us proud!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

I must admit, it looked a 4-2-3-1 to me. Iwobi was obviously playing as left winger, but his defensive workrate increased tenfold. Henrikh and Özil were swapping between the wide right and CAM positions. Ramsey was next to Xhaka in midfield.

The balance of our attack was beautiful. Wengerball at it's finest. I'm not sure you can get that on a consistent basis with Giroud, Walcott or Alexis, or at least not to the level we saw yesterday. Walcott is technically limited, Giroud can be a bit static and Alexis is a habitual rhythm screwer.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I must admit, it looked a 4-2-3-1 to me. Iwobi was obviously playing as left winger, but his defensive workrate increased tenfold. Henrikh and Özil were swapping between the wide right and CAM positions. Ramsey was next to Xhaka in midfield.

The balance of our attack was beautiful. Wengerball at it's finest. I'm not sure you can get that on a consistent basis with Giroud, Walcott or Alexis, or at least not to the level we saw yesterday. Walcott is technically limited, Giroud can be a bit static and Alexis is a habitual rhythm screwer.

Correct. They were just very flexible. Özil spent a lot of time dropping back to pick up the ball while Micki drifted inside to play through the middle.

halfvolley

I'm really looking forward to seeing how we perform against more aggressive opposition.

The thing I'm specifically looking forward to is counter attacking. The speed and skill we can counter with now will be truly terrifying. I'm ****ing intimidated by it, can't even imagine what the spuds are feeling.

This could be another all time classic NLD. Hoping for 5-1, which just improves on the usual 5-2, while still denying Peter Chech his clean sheet. Would also love for Wilshere to come on at 4-1 and win a peno with an unconvincing dive.

Malky

Established Member
Interesting to see how Sp**s approach this game. Our record at their 'home' is excellent but they need to play on the front foot since they're 'at home' but by doing that they risk leaving space in behind (like we just seen at Liverpool) and we now have players that can really exploit that.
Defensively we're a shambles, so all out attack is our best option.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It's a shame the spuds midweek game is against Newport. Can't imagine they'll need to wheel out all their heavy guns to walk that. And the beneficiaries of the NLD will be Juventus who will thrash them on Tuesday week - we've got Ostersunds so can sensibly use the squad.

But the spuds are honour-bound to give everything at the weekend and they will. I expect a close game, much more hopeful after yesterday. Won't be surprised if we get something out of it, maybe even win it if the counter works and we draw first blood.

c00lguy

Massive test for our team but we have to go there thinking we can beat them, and we can totally beat them.
Get the mentality right and Sp**s will have no chance.

afcb

Sp**s are very narrow so there is space to exploit and pea can leave their defenders for dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom