• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Elneny started his first PL match at WHL and played very well, not to mention he's also had some good games against Chelsea. Wouldn't be worried if he started this.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we win, will all the journos say there's a power shift back to us in London seen as we'll have done the double over them?

Ara

Miki bossed them in EL in 2016. Some of the link ups with Auba are really nice. And he took a great shot from outside. Annoying music though, keep the volume down.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Miki bossed them in EL in 2016. Some of the link ups with Auba are really nice. And he took a great shot from outside. Annoying music though, keep the volume down.
I know music is subjective for the most part... But I'm willing to bet if a poll was taken there would be a good majority that would find that music to be ****.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Not single joke about Alli's little tape in here? That's poor lads. They write themselves.
Well you make a couple first, I have to come up with a few. I’ll give you a headstart!

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Very excited for this game, the way we spanked Everton and them just getting the draw against Liverpool makes me feel very confident for it. I also switched my shift at work to watch this LOL. I expect PEA, Mkhi, Özil & Ramsey all to be on top of their game. Just our defence is a bit of a worry. Id be tempted to start Elneny here.

TorontoGooner76

Sadly I don't think Xhaka will be dropped for this, and that worries me knowing that him being pressed will cause all kinds of problems for us.

Knowing Wenger, I think we will see the exact same line-up as we did on Saturday barring any injuries. Once again, I would like to see Jack brought in for Xhaka but I think he will play in Europa instead.

Big match for sure. 7:30am start over here in Toronto. I'll have a pot of coffee ready to go for the early wake-up. I will be seeing a buddy whom I haven't seen in quite a while the following week, and he is a Sp**s fan so I really hope I have some good banter for him after this one.

Let's do the double over these guys. COYG!

arsmile

Established Member
Ospina
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Wilshere Xhaka Ramsey
Mkhitaryan Özil
Aubameyang

This should totally be the system for the rest of the season.

the only way to get our best players on the pitch with even the slightest chance of it working

Really tough fixture. Got to keep Kane and Erikssen quiet and hope the ref doesn't get conned by Deli Alli. I feel we have the firepower to beat them but can't see them not scoring so I reckon it's got draw written all over it. Would love to put them in their place though....

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We have tended to change the line up away from home against the bigger teams this season.

Liverpool away - Welbeck and Chamberlain start (4-0)

Cheslea away - Iwobi starts (0-0)

Man City away - Alexis at CF, Coq at CB (3-1)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
After watching the referring decisions in the Sp**s Liverpool game, and others, I 'm really starting to understand football a lot better.

Until VAR comes in, absolutely anything can happen. Off sides, pens, people sent off, free kicks in dangerous positions . . . . game changing random decisions that bear no ressemblance to what actually happens in the game.

Football is a f***ing lottery.

IslingtonBornandbred

After watching the referring decisions in the Sp**s Liverpool game, and others, I 'm really starting to understand football a lot better.

Until VAR comes in, absolutely anything can happen. Off sides, pens, people sent off, free kicks in dangerous positions . . . . game changing random decisions that bear no ressemblance to what actually happens in the game.

Dear Mr Squad Cost (I'm sure you've got a few choice words for me!),

You have literally just described football. That's what football is. VAR won't change any of that. The VAR will uphold and deny decisions that fans and pundits will disagree with.

Welcome to football my friend. You can be in total control of a game for 89 minutes, a soft free-kick against you and a moment of lapse concentration and you lose 1-0. That's the game.

Have a good evening. I am going to run a bath and go to bed.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Yeah, true. Think over 38 games it will probably even out most of the time, but especially in the CL it's ridiculous. Just last year Madrid and Barcelona had all the luck in the world to win against Bayern and PSG.

It's crazy, though, sitting at your couch you get replays from all angels within 10 seconds, but the fourth official isn't even allowed to watch a replay on the tv screen leaving the ref and assistants to just guess what happened leading to wrong decisions.

Football is broken sport because there is just to hard for the refs to keep up with the rules. Offside rules and when its handball or not, and when its penalty or not. Soft fouls, hard fouls. I mean the rules can just be to easily bent from all angles.

I hope games that are constantly updated like esports games or a game with fixed rules and almost impossible to cheat on like chess will soon take over!

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Dear Mr Squad Cost (I'm sure you've got a few choice words for me!),

You have literally just described football. That's what football is. VAR won't change any of that. The VAR will uphold and deny decisions that fans and pundits will disagree with.

Welcome to football my friend. You can be in total control of a game for 89 minutes, a soft free-kick against you and a moment of lapse concentration and you lose 1-0. That's the game.

Have a good evening. I am going to run a bath and go to bed.
You can be in control for 89 minutes, not score and concede from the only chance the other team gets. That's football.

Lose in the last minute because the ref can't keep up with the game or the linesmen makes a wrong call, when there are other means to prevent it, isn't football. If that's football, might as well not have any rules and condone diving and cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom