• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
You cannot really say that with respect the two new players. Why did they sign if they thought little of Wenger?
I'm sure they respect what he's done, that's not in doubt, but they're not stupid either. They would need assurances I'd imagine having seen Alexis go and out current league form. Wenger's gone this summer, imp.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think clarity is needed. However much you love him a 68 year old Wenger is not the future. The Board needs to take a longer-term view of who can take this club forward. Except of course they are all lickspittles.

skip spence

I watch it and I just don't see an easy chance there, if he dinks the keeper I'm applauding the finish. If he goes through the keeper's legs I'm again applauding his creativity. If he goes outside of the foot and curls it towards the far post that's even more impressive than the previous two combined.

I just don't see how he scores this without receiving praise for a top class finish. That's why I don't think it was a 'high percentage' chance.
Sitter, that is an absoluter sitter. The keeper comes out too late to close the angles, all Laca has to do is nudge it gently past the keeper's right side with the outside of his foot and the momentum of the ball will spin it back towards the goal and it will roll in easy enough. Unless a defender gets back to clear.

Bet I would've scored from there.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Sitter, that is an absoluter sitter. The keeper comes out too late to close the angles, all Laca has to do is nudge it gently past the keeper's right side with the outside of his foot and the momentum of the ball will spin it back towards the goal and it will roll in easy enough. Unless a defender gets back to clear.

Bet I would've scored from there.

Presentable chance for a good striker. Wouldn’t go as far as sitter tho.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't know what's worse? This result our my own team getting beaten five one. Glad I missed it and have a good book to read "living on the volcano The Secrets of Surviving as a football manager" with a foreword by none other than Arsène Wenger.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

When it was rumoured we were in for Wanyama the consensus was he was ****. When we were linked to Dembele we were told he was ****. Well these two ****s are now part of a midfield which bullies our midfield. Odd.
My bhoy Wanyama. Wanted him so bad :(

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Let’s clear up this mystery. He doesn’t look to his left once. All happens in the blink of an eye. Eyes on the good chance in front of him. Like you would expect from any striker in the world.

People would be (rightly) asking if his bottle was completely gone if he squared that.

Disagree. What separates the elite from the very good is decision making. It's 100% a goal if he squares it. The angle he was at was far more difficult. Couldn't care less about his personal goal drought. Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani etc these players are individually more lethal than anything we have but make their teams so dangerous because they aren't afraid to pass the ball for a tap in if someone is in a better position. Auba was.

Henry and Bergkamp were the same too. Lacazette made the wrong decision.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Watching a replay of the second half, Xhaka looks out of his depth with the intensity of the EPL. To be honest we did better in 2015/16 even with Flamini playing in there. He protected the defence better.

Was hoping he'd improve but his positioning , tackling and more importantly his concentration is suspect. It's no coincidence that since he's been here our defensive performance has dropped.

Ramsey too is still a problem. We cannot keep him fit. Come the summer we really need a CB, goalie and DM. But DM is the most crucial.

Couldn't agree more. He's way too slow and weak for the Premier League.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why do we still pass the ball sideways and backwards when we have 4 strikers on the pitch against a team playing a high line?? Nearly every time we hit a forward pass into space, we were in on goal. Our midfield is currently hurting both our attack and defence.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wanyama would never have worked here. Here he would be walking red card every game. You can't get away with fouling others as your main strength at Arsenal.
He'd have made an impact--mostly positive to a side like ours. We'd have been better off with a player like him than a player like Xhaka. A Wanyama type is what we should have been after. Another failure to identify the type of player we needed by Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom