• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, Nov. 18 @ 12:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Arsenal vs. Tottenham

gun__1352738695_arsenal_tottenham.jpg

I can't say I'm particularly confident in a win, but with us, you just never know what's going to happen in matches. We might slaughter them, we might capitulate, we might be evenly matched... I haven't a clue. Let's hope for the best...

Expected Team
Wenger changed things up big time against City, but I expect we'll see our "standard" team for this one. That means...

Cech
Koscielny - Per - Monreal
Bellerin - Ramsey - Xhaka - Kolasinac
Özil - Alexis
Lacazette
I'd personally like to see Wilshere in the mix though, either replacing one of Özil/Alexis or a defender (changing the formation to a 4-2-3-1).

Past Few Results

We haven't been doing so well against them recently, which sets a bad precedent. Let's hope we can turn that around...

30 Apr 2017 | L 2-0 | Premier League
06 Nov 2016 | D 1-1 | Premier League
05 Mar 2016
| D 2-2 | Premier League
08 Nov 2015
| D 1-1 | Premier League
23 Sep 2015 |
W 1-2 | League Cup
07 Feb 2015 |
L 2-1 | Premier League

Rant
On a serious note, we really, really need to win this. We're being taken less and less seriously by rival fans and pundits; Tottenham fans are actually laughing and confident going into this game. It's embarrassing for us, a club that's supposed to be in the thick of the the title fight, and the worst part is they're kind of right. We've been so poor against the top 6 sides in the past few seasons that we're relieved by draws. We're the only top 6 side that hasn't been a serious contender for a major trophy in the past 5 years. The least we can do is show our historical rivals up at our home ground on Saturday to save face. We're heading into one of the most pivotal transfer windows in the club's history imo, and we need to show good players that we're a side still capable of achieving big things.

Let's win this, f*ck Sp**s.

DasBootist

RE the match: The international break has been timely. The lads didn't disgrace themselves in the Man City game, but we need a different approach for the Spuds match.

Hopefully Lacazette can start.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
They could be without Alderweireld and Vertonghen for this.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Home game...I am usually a pessimist but I am expecting a good performance from us..Pochettino is another bogey manager for Wenger.

Lets hope we break the Pochettino curse and win this game.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I will be going to this game flight from 07:00 at AMS-LGW, then take some time on the train to go in the centre of London.

Just hope we give our all and win this game.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Can smell a 1-1 draw a mile away. The last three times we've faced them at home have all went the same way, they're better than us for large period but we come back into the game for a period and get a goal, try to push for a winner but fail to do so.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Remember the home game back in the 15/16 season was such a weird one, our "offensive" subs for that game were Flamini replacing Cazorla at half-time and partnering Coquelin, and Kieran Gibbs replacing Joel Campbell on the left wing. :lol:

Weirdly our performance on the whole improved with those two subs, Flamini dealt with their midfield better and Gibbs got the equaliser, such a weird time tho we were doing quite well.

DasBootist

Can smell a 1-1 draw a mile away. The last three times we've faced them at home have all went the same way, they're better than us for large period but we come back into the game for a period and get a goal, try to push for a winner but fail to do so.
Put a fiver/tenner on correct score, if you're that positive.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom