• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich v Arsenal | December 1, 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Can finally look forward to a game now!

Tho I hope people don't go too hard on Freddie if it doesn't all go according to plan. I'm sure he has his own ideas and it doesn't need to be said that a couple of days is not really gonna see any of his ideas implemented or anywhere close.

ChefMan21

I think we'll see the lap dance. Laca, Auba and Pepe up front with Özil behind making them dance.

Sorry, this is terrible, but kind of exciting too.
It feels like a midseason reset for us; clean slate to start again.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Can finally look forward to a game now!

Tho I hope people don't go too hard on Freddie if it doesn't all go according to plan. I'm sure he has his own ideas and it doesn't need to be said that a couple of days is not really gonna see any of his ideas implemented or anywhere close.
Depends on how quickly the team fits his ideas. Luckily there's a contingent of players who know how he wants to play, but last year the U23s took a bit of time to get used to the style of play. That said, there were a lot of changes to that squad over the season that affected performances.

nicky47

Established Member
Excited for this one now, but at the same time I'm not expecting miracles. Freddie has hell of a job on his hands to find his best team, implement his style and get some confidence back into the players. All in very little time too.

ksarp

Excited for this one now, but at the same time I'm not expecting miracles. Freddie has hell of a job on his hands to find his best team, implement his style and get some confidence back into the players. All in very little time too.

Right now, injecting confidence back into the players is key. With the run of games we have, it's a good time. Hard to tinker with the setup, have to slowly move the pieces.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He might be quite the embellisher of the ball, but don't let that fool you, he's soft....
many players are soft remember Santi? he is short and soft but he was great player. i think if we use Ceballos correctly like he been used with spain he would be very useful player for us

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Martinelli will start. Edu and Raul finally got rid of Emery. No way they don't instruct Ljungberg that this Brazilian jewel must start.

ksarp

Want to see Freddie being bold. He has nothing to lose. Time to drop the underperforming players and start those that have busted a gut and warrant a starting place.

Leno(c)
AMN Chambers Holding Tierney
Doozy Willock
Pepe Nelson Saka
Martinelli

Pure yoot, Brexit back line, academy lads playing together & a brazilian superstar in the making leading the line.

Send a message to those pampered 1st teamers that its time to get serious or stay on the bench.

play that team and we win.

Only problem is that those two cats, Nelly and Saka, don't play defense..which will create big holes in transition. Those two lack the fundamental understanding that you have to play on "both sides of the ball" to borrow from the NFL. Even Messi plays defense.

ksarp

many players are soft remember Santi? he is short and soft but he was great player. i think if we use Ceballos correctly like he been used with spain he would be very useful player for us

Santi never came across as soft to me. Was he physical? No, but he rarely made moronic decisions just to look pretty on the ball. He was mentally strong, can't say the same for Softballos. I just don't rate him.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Under Wenger I'd have expected to win this game with relative ease

Weird to have the expectation of loss lifted now Unai has gone

ksarp

Would like to see...

Leno
Bellerin Holding Chambers Tierney
Torreira
Maitland-Niles Guendouzi
Özil
Auba Pepe

Or maybe...

Leno
Bellerin Holding Chambers Tierney
Guendouzi
Maitland-Niles Willock
Nelson
Auba Pepe

Just want to see what happens. Think Ljunberg's tactics wont be as chaotic.

After all you've seen on tape with Guendouzi, you're still advocating for a starting berth? His greatest asset is his engine, but his soccer IQ is pretty low to warrant starting at the 6. Nelson lacks the work ethic, and I suspect is soft as well. Why leave LaCa, the real leader of this group out?

roz

Fake News Merchant
After all you've seen on tape with Guendouzi, you're still advocating for a starting berth? His greatest asset is his engine, but his soccer IQ is pretty low to warrant starting at the 6. Nelson lacks the work ethic, and I suspect is soft as well. Why leave LaCa, the real leader of this group out?
Because I am a massive Guendouzi fan also because I am a massive Martinelli fan. Both have the potential to be unreal, the only way they get to that level is playing them whilst affording them patience, young players make mistakes. Once you accept that they are a joy to watch.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Because I am a massive Guendouzi fan also because I am a massive Martinelli fan. Both have the potential to be unreal, the only way they get to that level is playing them whilst affording them patience, young players make mistakes. Once you accept that they are a joy to watch.
Btw I actually do like laca. More so than Aubameyang actually just think Martinelli has a higher ceiling.
Re. Nelson and Saka not doing enough defensively I agree with you but perhaps tell the fullbacks to be a bit more conservative which could help balance things out. Just a young, hungry team I would like to see

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Hopefully Freddie gives Willock the start he deserves. Should be a reasonable possibility seeing as he basically raised the kid (along with our other talents now with the first team squad).

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I would think we'd line up in a 4-2-3-1 with lacazette leading the line. I would imagine we'll play Auba on the left, Özil as number 10. Then either Pepe or Martinelli on the right.

Central midfield is a conundrum. Freddie can probably freely use Xhaka if he wants. Fresh start for the player and the manager. Not sure who will partner him.

Fullbacks will surely be Bellerin and Tierney. Central defenders... good God.... they are all ****e.. aren't they?

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Was telling my GF yesterday how I was free on Sunday because I could care less to watch us play WELL plans have changed! I am raring to go for Sunday and Freddie has my full backing, I believe he will go on a nice winning streak and even if he doesn't win against Norwich I am confident we will see a different approach by the players and that they will give it their all for him - especially if we start some U23's. Really interested to see how he sets us up - would love if he just threw out a HUGE curveball and played some crazy formation and players LOL

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Do people think we’ll see Tierney and Auba?

Not sure what to do with them for fantasy purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom