<

PL: Norwich v Arsenal | December 1, 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Nov 28, 2019.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Dec 1, 2019.
  1. Arsenal Win

67.6%
  2. Draw

7.6%
  3. Norwich Win

24.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

I know a lot of people believe our defensive players are too limited and cant improve but I disagree with that. If there is any area of a pitch where a team can get away with having lesser quality players its in defence and can do so by being well coached, drilled and organised.

I believe this has been proven by at the time our record breaking CL make shift defence in Eboue, Senderos, Toure and Flamini. Or Leicester City PL winning defence in Morgan, Huth, Simpson and Fuchs.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  2. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Which record, genuine question.

3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

For clean sheets. Think we managed 11 clean sheets in row.

4. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Yes, we need to try to become a defensive team IMO, purely through rigorous, incessant coaching. As others have stated, even crap players can learn to defend together as a unit.

That's the only way we are going to get points on board until we thoroughly revamp this poor, poor squad.

Let's drop our delusions of attacking grandeur - we have far too many midfielders and wingers not good enough to keep possession under pressure and that's why we struggle so badly to create real chances.

Riou likes this.
  5. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

:mad:

This man was top class for us, deserves more respect..was a starter Invincible, and more than did his part.

The tackle on Zlatan is amazing in this vid, only better tackle of the top of my head is Adams on Shevchenko.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  6. GoonerBoy19

GoonerBoy19 Well-Known Member

We went some 919 minutes without conceeding a goal with that makeshift defense.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  7. Mark Tobias

Thanks guys. Horrible memory here. Not sure how I missed that record..

8. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

Cannot understand why there's such a difference on Laca's away form.

He should have been replaced by Pepe and have Auba move central. The Guendouzi/Saka substitution was useless.

9. Mark Tobias

More than that we couldn't keep the ball when Matteo left the pitch..

albakos likes this.
  10. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

#IToldYouSo

Couldn't watch the match as I was traveling. I wouldn't rush to any conclusions as Freddie had only two days. He told that he won't shake things up immediately. His changes will be gradual. Will give him a month before forming an opinion.

11. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Would he get a month though? Club would want someone in before the christmas fixtures

12. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Given the dire options we have now, I thought the search will take a while to finish. Is there any truth on the news about Freddie cannot manage the team for more than three months? If that's the case, I don't see any point in evaluating Freddie.

13. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Heard conflicting reports. Though Benge did say he has all the licenses.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  14. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Keown analysing the defensive mistakes. Mainly criticises Mustafi, Luiz and Guendouzi. I think Chambers has to take some blame too for not being able to get back into position most of the time.
    Too much space conceded and no one closing down.

15. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

Whatever allows us to maintain some semblance of structure in the back.

16. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Just drill these ****ers over and over and over until they understand what to do off the ball.

17. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Positives-

• Better off the ball movement, highlighting Willock sprinting into the space left by Laca by coming deep.
    • Kolasinac coming inside and Auba staying wide showing something different aside from the full-back hugging the touchline like under Emery. Makes us less predictable.
    • In general there was a lot more movement in the final third than what we've seen recently.
    • Better cover for teammates defensively. Highlighting Kolasinac coming across to help his CB's, Xhaka getting back and making a vital challenge, Luiz sensing danger after Mustafi was beating and Torreira making a vital interception. In general better in terms of supporting teammates obviously a lot of work needs to be done still tho.
    • Özil's set pieces causing problems.

Btw Adrian points to several incidents where Guendouzi is at fault for Norwich getting a chance. Most people miss these things or quickly blame others, but Guendouzi's inexperience and naivety has made our midfield was too easy to play through. They both have flaws but for me we have to be going with Xhaka-Torreira from now on, it's by far our best balanced midfield pairing currently.

Raicore likes this.
  18. Arson Finger

Arson Finger Active Member

Kolo is doing great work now as an assitant at Leicester, really helping their defense.
    It's a shame he isn't here filling that role.
    https://www.footballtransfertavern....oures-role-coaching-role-explained-in-detail/

Raicore and Riou like this.
  19. Arson Finger

Arson Finger Active Member

If Pukki got to face Mustafi in every match, he'd score more goals than Messi.

RacingPhoton and Riou like this.
  20. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Good vid but i cringe on how he butchers Ljungbergs name. Some brits insist on calling him Lungberg for some reason and I hate that. :mad:

Tir Na Nog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.