• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 04/05/04

flotz

just saw on teamtalk that wenger was ready to gamble the unbeaten run and rest gilberto bergkamp and pires with aliadiere replacing bergkamp
i hope he still go with a strong line up because its a game i can see ourself loosing ...maybe resting campbell or lauren
i hope for sth like that:
lehmann
toure senderos campbell cole/clichy
parlour vieira edu ljungberg
reyes/ali henry

Chips&CurrySauce

I'm suprised he is resting Pires and Gilberto. Edu is also un fit and not in the squad. He'll possibly play Bentley on the right and Freddie on the left, with Parlour in the middle. I think Wenger is taking bit of a risk here, especially as Pompey are flying at the moment. t would be nice to see Bentley play along side great players though.

Mark

Established Member
I think it'll be something like this.

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Senderos Cole

Bentley Parlour Vieira Ljungberg

Reyes Henry

Subs: 1. Stack 2. Aliadiere 3. Edu 4. Clichy 5. Keown

It should be strong enough not to lose the game and possibly win. We went there in the FA Cup without Bergkamp or Pires. Not sure whether Senderos or Keown will start, but one of them will be on the bench. I hope we see Senderos in this game. I don't think Ali will start though. Unless Reyes plays on one of the wings and Bentley doesn't play. I predict a 2-1 win for the Arsenal. Ljungberg twice with Pompey equalising in between.

lewdikris

Established Member
Well, Senderos isn't even in the squad, so I very much doubt he'll be playing! And Edu's out injured still, so it's Ray and Paddy in the middle.

I'd expect Reyes to play up front, Freddie to play left side and possibly a shock start for Bentley wide right. If not, Ali could start with Titi and Reyes plays left with Freddie on the right. One of those two.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i have a feeling too that bentley will start. put him in the window for the teams that will want to potentially loan him.

i think the shuffling with the team is to inject more urgency which wenger said we lacked. wenger is doing that by giving a couple of players with something to prove a game, the likes of aliadiere parlour and bentley.

Stim

I think this is the team that will play:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Keown/Campbell Cole

Bentley Parlour Vieira Ljungberg

Aliadiere Henry

Still a strong line up but Portsmouth have been in good form recently and would certainly be able to cause an upset.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Where the hell is Kanu? I think he needs to play in 3 more games to be eligable for a Premiership medal.

Portsmouth's key defender Linvoy Primus is out for the rest of the season.

KingReyes

Established Member
Jens

Lauren Toure Campbell Cole

Bentley Paddy Parlour Freddy

Reyes Henry

Ali, Kanu and Keown to all make sub appearances.

mood

WHY REST Gilberto? he's sooo inform, why ruin it!? Bergkamp is in form too, but a guy his age needs a rest. I don't know why Pires has continously been rested, he should play or make the bench.

Gamble the squad vs Leicester, not a ON-FORM Portsmouth. I really want Gilberto to play because he's been great recently + Edu is injured. Ray Parlour is still good at the centre though, but I would rather give Paddy a rest. I have a feeling Bentley will play.

JGooner

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/pr ... remiership

Looks like Bentley will play. Interesting what Wenger says about him:

"Bentley is a great talent, technically a top, top player but he needs to play in the first team now.

"It is getting to the point where we need to send him out on loan for some first-team experience and we will do that but I have this opportunity now to see some players at Portsmouth and I can do it while still trying to keep the unbeaten record."

Wenger added: "Reyes also needs games to help him adapt to the English Premiership but Bentley has grown up here and is becoming impatient. That is normal and it is the same with Aliadiere even though he is French. He has an Arsenal spirit and needs to be in the side."

Mark

Established Member
I'm glad that Bentley will play. I have more hope for him than I do for Aliadiere. This will be good experience for him.

dsurg

Would love to see Bentley start and if he does it would be interesting to see the position he lines up in...it may give us an incling into the position AW wants to play him in the future...though nothin can be certain with the "Miracle Worker"

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Mark said:
I'm glad that Bentley will play. I have more hope for him than I do for Aliadiere. This will be good experience for him.

I think the opposite to you. Aliadiere's just waiting to explode in to a top Premiership striker imo.

mood

With Reyes and Van Persie breaking in; I fear that Aliadiere and Bentley won't have much of a future here. Bentley probably will, as a rightmidfielder maybe. But I don't know about Aliadiere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom